Songs that make you Cry

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Songs that make you Cry

Do you have any? If your wondering what I'm talking about I mean songs that make you cry in worship.

Here are mine: You Won't Relent,He Loves us and a couple more.
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
brittany k
Peanut Butter Cup

There is a song that makes me cry sometimes, but I can't rember what it's called!
I'm a crazy gal! :)
I love life! :)
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Fly to Jesus is an amazing song, but kinda sad too.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Some Sundays we sing "Night With Ebon Pinion" at church before taking communion, that song always makes me teary.
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

the song by matthew west called, "Save a Place for Me" i always cry when i listen to it
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Um... I once shed a tear while listening to Happy Day by Fee late at night. There are some other secular songs that can make me cry a little bit, but since this is only for worship music, I won't list them.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

but I like it more in spanish :D

"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Spanish? What on earth?!?!?!?! Do you speak Spanish? :lol:
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

Eh...when I feel like it hahaha
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I'm learning Spanish this year. :cool:
brittany k
Peanut Butter Cup

"who am i" by casting crowns! "butterfly kisses" by bob carlise! those make me cry!!!!!!!!! :)
I'm a crazy gal! :)
I love life! :)
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

Hmm songs that make me cry.. well these aren't really worship songs but they are by Christian singers. So I listened to the CD "Sing me to sleep Daddy" when I was little, I always had a hard time falling asleep so I used to listen to it like every night. It is a CD with songs written by Christian guys to their kids.. I recently re-found this CD and listened to it again, remembered every word, but it made me cry for some reason..maybe all the memories or something haha.. Especially the songs: "You Steal My Heart Away", "Anna", "Safe In Your Daddy's Arms", "Kisses and Hugs", and "Sing Me to Sleep Daddy" haha I know kinda sorta really dorky..it would take a while to explain..

But Worship songs.. I don't usually cry cause Im not a cryer but I will get goosebumps all over when there is a powerful song. haha
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

thats the Holy Spirit OF :D
the Valiant
Caramel Crunch

There are so many secular songs that make me cry...but worship songs? There isn't one in particular, its just like when I'm worshiping I'll sometimes cry. I guess With Everything is a really good one. I might cry from that one without worshiping even.
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Well, I'd say, 'Voice of truth', by Casting Crowns.
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

If We are the Body (Casting Crowns)
When We're Together (Mark Shultz)
Cinderella (Steven Curtis Chapman)
And
Mac Daddy (Tru Dog) Hahaha jk about this last one ;)
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

yeah cinderella makes me cry to Sparky! but with Mac daddy i'm to busy dancing to cry ;) :lol:
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
God's little Artist
Caramel Crunch

"The one that you need" by Shane and Shane (not really a worship song) get's me every time. It reminds me of this letter that my Dad wrote to me before he went to heaven.
Pen
Chocolate Chip

Depends on how I'm feeling or what I'm going through at the time.
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

The Bat Girl wrote:thats the Holy Spirit OF :D
I'm curious as to what you mean by this. He said that these weren't spiritual songs at all that were inciting this reaction from him.

Coincidentally, I was in the exact same situation as OFW recently. I, too, listened to the "Sing Me to Sleep, Daddy" CD when I was younger, and I, too, just recently re-discovered it and have been using it to get to sleep, just because of the good feeling it gives me.

But that's really all it gives me--a good feeling. They aren't overtly religious songs, so when I get goosebumps or something from listening to them, I don't think it's the Holy Spirit.

Could you explain what you meant when you attributed those feelings to the Holy Spirit? I don't see "giving goosebumps" as one of the operations of the Holy Spirit in Scripture. Could He also be behind a great feeling I get when listening to a secular song like, say, "Call Me Maybe"?
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!