Jay Smouse

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Do you like Jay?

Love him, he's the best character ever :P
58%
He's ok not my favourite :?
38%
He's such a bully, I don't like him at all :evil:
4%
He's HORRIBLE HORRIBLE :twisted:
No votes

Total votes: 26

Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Yes! Definitely! I love Mistaken For Good. I think that was one of my favorites on 55 :)
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I do agree that he isn't as mean as Rodney, but I don't agree that he is not a bully. There are many different kinds of bullies.

This is not to say that I don't like Jay. I think that for the show to be realistic, it needs characters who aren't perfect, and that is what Jay is. I love the complication (as PF put it) that is part of his character. I think that he has the potential to be better, and I can't wait to listen to that journey.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I love Jay! I even acted out a scene from Unbecoming Jay! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifermMdBZEg
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Ben C. wrote:I love Jay! I even acted out a scene from Unbecoming Jay! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifermMdBZEg
You make a wonderful Jay, Ben. ;) No, but seriously...you guys did a good job.
Anyways, I like Jay, alot...and I would like to see him make some changes in his life. But I must admit, if he did...I might kind of miss the old Jay. How he is now makes everything interesting, and a bit more realistic...
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Thank you, suzy. I enjoyed making it!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

suzylou wrote:
Ben C. wrote:I love Jay! I even acted out a scene from Unbecoming Jay! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifermMdBZEg
You make a wonderful Jay, Ben. ;) No, but seriously...you guys did a good job.
Anyways, I like Jay, alot...and I would like to see him make some changes in his life. But I must admit, if he did...I might kind of miss the old Jay. How he is now makes everything interesting, and a bit more realistic...
You've brought up an interesting point. While it might be good for Jay to change for the better, I think that if they did that, it is quite possible he would lose his comedy, his complexity, and possibly even his greatness. I hope that Jay will change, yes, but I also hope he won't lose his sense of competition and desire to annoy. Yes, that sounds strange, but I think that's what makes his character so great, along with his half-good half-bad sides.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I definetaly think Jay should change too! But I don't think he should loose his sarcastic humor... Since Bernard hasn't been around, Jay is my only hope!
(Maybe I should sing to him ;))
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Liz'alike wrote:I definetaly think Jay should change too! But I don't think he should loose his sarcastic humor... Since Bernard hasn't been around, Jay is my only hope!
(Maybe I should sing to him ;))
That's for sure...he wouldn't be Jay without that crazy personality! Oh, and I'm totally with you on that...I miss having Bernard around, too.
FiliaRegis
Vanilla

I don't know about Jay being good or bad per say, but his humor and the way he often tries to work his way into other people's business makes me think that he just has insecurities, not so much the kind that makes a bully. He struck me as a very funny character with his confusing thought processes and twisted logic, but I think he has potential to be a really nice character at the end, and a Christian.
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

He is pretty cool. I like his humor.
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

Jay is my favorite character since Album 51. He is hilarious, he has a kind side, but he is also kind of sarcastic and mean at times. Mistaken for Good did almost make me cry, that is my favorite episode since Album 51. I hope that he eventually does change, but still keep his humor and maybe sarcastic comments. In some ways he reminds me of a character in the TV series Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye, Miles. Even though both of them start out obnoxious and mean, they eventually grow on you and you begin to like their sarcastic comments. But Jay is even better than Miles because of episodes like Mistaken for Good. I wouldn't really classify Jay as either a bad guy or a good guy. I don't think it is likely that he is a Christian either, but I hope he becomes one.
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

Jay reminds me a lot of.... Proud Foolish....or is it PF reminds me of Jay... :? Anyway, I think he is a very good single parent kid. He doesn't have the best family. Yet he make the best of it, (I personally think that is why he is so sarcastic) and we don't really know that much about his Dad and Mom, or if they both are in Odyssey, but we do know his uncles do not have the cleanest pasts. So looking at the whole picture (well what you can see of it) I would say he goes to church, (Odyssey never really says if the kids are saves or not, so) but he has some emotionally "problems" or just somethings he need to get over and move on with. I mean how would you react if the man you always looked up to went ti jail once and you never knew about it until a reporter told you and your other uncle is going to jail???

This is just my opinion.
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

i dont think jay is as bad as rodney because he has a nice side to himself
LOTR IS AWESOME
arwen
Caramel Crunch

JAY IS AWESOME!! I don't know that I would like him if he was a good kid.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Why does there have to be bad and good characters, why can't we just have characters. Jay Smouse is a great character. Period
arwen
Caramel Crunch

hmm I think I have to agree with you,fodo
jennakyler321
Cookies & Creme

NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Jay reminds me a lot of.... Proud Foolish....or is it PF reminds me of Jay... :? Anyway, I think he is a very good single parent kid. He doesn't have the best family. Yet he make the best of it, (I personally think that is why he is so sarcastic) and we don't really know that much about his Dad and Mom, or if they both are in Odyssey, but we do know his uncles do not have the cleanest pasts. So looking at the whole picture (well what you can see of it) I would say he goes to church, (Odyssey never really says if the kids are saves or not, so) but he has some emotionally "problems" or just somethings he need to get over and move on with. I mean how would you react if the man you always looked up to went ti jail once and you never knew about it until a reporter told you and your other uncle is going to jail???

This is just my opinion.
I think that is a spot on illasration of jay
Jen
Gods love is like a warm cup of coffee you can't get enough
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

fodo14 wrote:Why does there have to be bad and good characters, why can't we just have characters. Jay Smouse is a great character. Period
I agree Jay is wonderful. :mrgreen: He is one of my favorite "New" Characters.
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Jay is great. He is my favorite new character.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Good for you, Blitz, but... Ahem. There's one character who's better.
A good post, Ninja. But where does AIO establish that Jay is living with a single parent?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury