The Hobbit

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

The Hobbit

Who is excited for the Hobbit movies!!?? It has been confirmed that the Hobbit movie is to be split into 3 parts.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: December 14, 2012
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: December 13, 2013
The Hobbit: There and Back Again: July 18, 2014
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I am excited! I am not a LOTR fanatic, but I love the style J.R.R Tolkien has. The Hobbit is a good deal different than the Lord of the Rings, and I am interested in how they will approach this. However, I tend to get very annoyed when the movie differs from the book. I hope that they will stay relatively close to the storyline.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

I can't wait for it! It's going to be SOO RAD. I hope it's produced the same way the previous ones were, so it fits with them well. Lets just hope Peter Jackson hasn't forgotten how to direct movies.. Ha
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I think the Hobbit book was better than LOTR books, but the Hobbit movies probably won't be better than the LOTR movies. Anyway, I think it's neat they have a whole movie about Smaug
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I am SOOO looking forward to these movies!!! I'm glad they're releasing them all in a year and a half time span!! Unlike the Narnia movies, when we have to wait three to four years for the next one to come out!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I am sooooo excited!! I love the LOTR movies and books!!! And can't wait for the prequel!! I agree with Aaron that its going be "SOO RAD"!! lol
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I'm reading the book now to prepare for the movies. I'm liking it so far, but I don't know how on earth they're going to split it up into 2 parts, much less 3.
Last edited by ArnoldtheRubberDucky on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

CreativeThinker101 wrote:I'm reading the book now to prepare for the movies. I'm liking it so far, but I don't know how on earth they're going to split it up into 3 parts, much less 2, which it originally was.
No there going to add a bunch of stuff about where Gandalf went. And a bunch of stuff in the Appendixes, of the original Books. Also Wooton they aren't giving smaug his own movie , It's just the title.
Last edited by fodo14 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I can't wait! I love The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings books/movies. Also I am somewhat like Mr. Tolkien. I was writing my book when I realized that I couldn't really do it until I knew everything about the world it was set in. So I began writing details. So far I have a numeric system, a currency system, a system of government, as well as a paper on Magic, it's workings, and divisions of Magicians. Movies tend to come out in December about a week before my birthday. So we usually go see it for my birthday. We saw The Dawn Treader that way. I can't wait for The Hobbit.
~ Walker in Dreams
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDnYMbYB ... g-logo-xit[/youtube]

The awesome second trailer
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

I actually just watched that the other day and legit started crying.. I'm so excited I'm going to die.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I'm going to die too. That was awesome.
~ Walker in Dreams
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I don't think I'm going to 'die', but I am very excited!!! It looks so good!!! Anyone have a favorite part in the book? I have always liked the 'riddle' part, with Gollum. Also, I like the spider part in the Mirkwood forest.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Liz'alike wrote:I don't think I'm going to 'die', but I am very excited!!! It looks so good!!! Anyone have a favorite part in the book? I have always liked the 'riddle' part, with Gollum. Also, I like the spider part in the Mirkwood forest.

Those are my favourite parts too. Although I do like the part where they're captured by the giant trolls or whatever they are. I can't wait to see them get attacked by the spiders in the movie
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

It will be quite a superlative.
~ Walker in Dreams
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I know! It will so AWESOME!!!!! I hate spiders, but I always thought that part was so funny!
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Who went? I DID! It was awesome!

What did u think of: The Hobbit: AN Unexpected Journey?
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
God's little Artist
Caramel Crunch

IT WAS EPIC!

kind of long, but EPIC.

I don't know why, but it bothered me that Kili and Fili didn't have longer beards.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Theres already a Topic for The Hobbit
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Oh Sorry
And Gods Little Artist I loved it too!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?