Jonathan Park!

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

What do you think?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 am

I LOVE It!
38%
It's good.
50%
I dislike it..
No votes
I have never heard of it...
13%

Total votes: 8

HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Jonathan Park!

I really enjoy Jonathan Park cause it teaches Creation Science in a fun and interesting way and it's based on Family!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

HannahJ. wrote:I really enjoy Jonathan Park cause it teaches Creation Science in a fun and interesting way and it's based on Family!
I listened to one episode when I was young and I really liked it.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I like Jonathon Park, and have several albums. However, I found it was not as good as AiO, particularly because it was not as full and well rounded.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Julia
Strawberry

my brother loves it, but personally, i think its kinda corny :)
~ Julia ~

O O
(>'.'<)
.( UU )/
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

They don't disguise learning points very well. AiO doesn't even have to disguise them, they are used in the form of life experience.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I haven't heard it, but I read The Changing Time's article AIO vs. Jonathan Park. It sounds like a very interesting counter-evolution action-adventure drama. Do you know where I can listen to the first episode online, or will I just have to buy it?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme
Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey

i LOVE Jonathan Park! I have two albums and can't wait for more!
Oz the Great and Powerful is Great and Powerful!!!!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Creationism is interesting, but not always entirely accurate. In any case, evolution doesn't contradict the Bible. Of course, macro-evolution is absurd, and almost certainly untrue, but as I say, it doesn't contradict the Bible. Micro-evolution, on a side note, obviously does exist. (Man, that should get a response. I'm glad Hannah's not back yet, she'd rake me over the coals. ;))
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Andromeda
Vanilla

I love jonathan park,I have: The adventure begins and No looking back.
Andromeda
I am a proud member of the 101 club
Odysseygirl101 is my sister!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Isn't it odd that both AIO and Jonathan Park's first album is called The Adventure Begins? I'm guessing that's a coincidence, but maybe AIO ripped JP off, considering The Adventure Begins: JP Edition was released in the late 1990's while AIO's Gold Audio Series was released from 2003 to 2006. Hmm...
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Smile Awhile
Cookies & Creme

Odysseygirl101 wrote:i LOVE Jonathan Park! I have two albums and can't wait for more!
I have all 7.
What do you want here? You can move along to the next post now; nothing fun here in my signature.
~JCGJ~
Chocolate Chip

I'm going to bump this...

I love Jonathan Park.

Sure, the acting isn't great, and the plots are quite corny ("MILES MORGAN?!?!?!" Every single stinkin' time... You'd think they'd stop being so surprized...), but I love them just the same.

I have all eight albums... The Jonathan Park Audio Series really sparked my interest in the Creation/Evolution debate, and I've been researching more because of it.

Post split. Please see Creation discussion in the church. -T.S.
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

I think that it's ok. I like the plot of it, but I think they try to fit way to much into just 1 cd that it kind of makes it hard to listen to for me. What I mean by that is that unlike a normal conversation there is almost no time in-between one person talking then the next person talking. It's just very unrealistic to me in that it doesn't sound like real conversations. I know that others may disagree with me on this but that's my opinion on it. I like the facts it brings out but it is no AIO to me.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

My siblings love them, but personally, I find them somewhat, corny.. The acting, the plots, it's all really predictable. They have good lessons, but i would rather get the same lessons from AIO :D
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

My best friend has every single one of them and I absolutly love them. I veiw odessy and JP the same. The Miles Morgan phrase is the BEST!!! We got to the piont of loving the charecter Eddie so much we always get twinkies when we can. She gets me pop-its #7 and twinkies #7 I really like JP.
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

They're airing the early episodes again on the JP official site.
http://www.jonathanpark.com/

Oh, and I absolutely love JP! I actually made a fan site for it.
http://jonathanparkcentral.weebly.com/

I know. Shameless plug.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I like Jonathan Park. The acting is a little painful, though. But I think the story lines are better then the new Odysseys. And I love science.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Right now I am lisening to JP :roll: should be lisening to Odessey now mayby ;) ;)
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

How have I not posted on this topic yet?

I love Jonathan Park! Like everyone else has said, the acting isn't the best, but it's not that big of a deal to me. I think the audio production is excellent. JP has given me several production ideas for my skits. I believe their sound designer is Rob Jorgensen, so of course it sounds good. :D

I'm not the biggest fan of the writing, some of the episodes are a little predictable. But I enjoy them nonetheless.
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

I like JP, it's a good listen to, and I enjoy the creation science that they bring in with it. Even if it does sound like I'm listening to one very long run on sentence that each of them take the next part of. I've listened to just a few albums and only own the first but I may get into it more.