Did You Know.....

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Did You Know.....

Alright guys, this topic is based on the BTV segment Did You Know. How it works is someone types in a cool fact about AIO. Example:

Did you know....(type your fact here)

Then the next person to go must say

No (or yes), but did you know....(type your fact here)

Who wants to go first?
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Did you know in the very first episode with Jason Whittaker (The Mortal Coil), Jason was played by a different actor? Townsend's first episode as Jason didn't come till a few albums later in the episode A Name, Not a Number.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Jason wrote:Did you know in the very first episode with Jason Whittaker (The Mortal Coil), Jason was played by a different actor? Townsend's first episode as Jason didn't come till a few albums later in the episode A Name, Not a Number.
No, but did you know...that Connie has been in the most episodes next to Mr. Whittaker
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Wooton Bassett wrote:No, but did you know...that Connie has been in the most episodes next to Mr. Whittaker
Yes, but did you know that there have been two blind characters on the show? The first being Jenny Roberts (Was kidnapped and even though she was blind was a great witness) and the other being Lisa Mulligan (Lived on a farm with very exotic animals.)
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Jason wrote:
Wooton Bassett wrote:No, but did you know...that Connie has been in the most episodes next to Mr. Whittaker
Yes, but did you know that there have been two blind characters on the show? The first being Jenny Roberts (Was kidnapped and even though she was blind was a great witness) and the other being Lisa Mulligan (Lived on a farm with very exotic animals.)
Yep, but did you know that before either Connie or Eugene worked at Whit's end, there was another employee named "Jimmy"? He was never technically an AIO character, since he was only in episodes while the show was still called "Family Portraits". One of the episodes he was in "A member of the Family" was later re-done with Connie filling in the parts instead of Jimmy.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Yes, but did you know that Chris Anthony wasn't there to record one episode so Will Ryan (Eugene) Did her parts for that episode.... on helium!

(I'm not sure I believe him.... it seems impossible)
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

No, but did you know in "Hold Up", when robber Hank Murray is going through the safe, he says, "What is this? An autographed picture of Andy Griffith?" Connie replies, "He's a big fan." That reference is to Whit, because Hal Smith, who played him at the time, played Otis Campbell, the town drunk, on "The Andy Griffith Show".
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

The Old Judge wrote:No, but did you know in "Hold Up", when robber Hank Murray is going through the safe, he says, "What is this? An autographed picture of Andy Griffith?" Connie replies, "He's a big fan." That reference is to Whit, because Hal Smith, who played him at the time, played Otis Campbell, the town drunk, on "The Andy Griffith Show".
Yep, but did you know that AIO fancast creator "Kevin McCreary" has been in several episodes of AIO in the back ground, and even played one minor role in album 54? Kevin voiced the minor character "Douglass Helm" in the episode "A penny earned". It's ironic, because he was able to obtain the part through his connections, via Nathan Hoobler, who was also a Fansite creator before he joined the AIO team.
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

Yes, but did you Eugene doesn't like cotton candy? Wooton asked him in "Wooton's Broken Pencil Show" :P
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

No, but did you know that Regis Blackgaard once sent Edwin a letter saying that one day he might come back to Odyssey to "renew his old acquaintances".
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

The Old Judge wrote:No, but did you know that Regis Blackgaard once sent Edwin a letter saying that one day he might come back to Odyssey to "renew his old acquaintances".
No, but did you know the AIO episode, #248: "Terror from the Skies", is based heavily on the radio broadcast The War of the Worlds by Orson Welles?
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Yes, but did you know that the when the book the War of the Worlds was aired, mass hysteria abounded, with frantic calls to the police, people hoarding food and water, and speculation that one of Mars's moons was really a super-weapon designed to inflict complete and utter demolition, decimation, and destruction upon Earth?

T.S. (myself)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Jason wrote:
Yes! Did You Know that Connie's Parents Are Divorced..
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

HannahJ. wrote:
Jason wrote:
Yes! Did You Know that Connie's Parents Are Divorced..
Yes. Did you know that Eugene was once accused of murder, but was innocent.
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

Wooton Bassett wrote:
Yes. Did you know that Eugene was once accused of murder, but was innocent.
Yes, but did you know there were 10 B-TV episodes?
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

No, but did you know that "B-TV: Grace" was held back from album and further radio release because it offended the Amish?
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

I did hear that... Did you know that in nearly any given animated Disney movie, Cory Burton (voice of Brian Dern+hundreds of minor characters) can be heard at least once? The guy's a legend. Also, did you know that the primary reason The Ceiling Fan Podcast members all use Studio Projects c1 mics is because Cory (who was in corresponding with Loren at the time) suggested them to us?
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Yes and no.
Did you know that Jess Harnell did the voice of a couple seagulls in the movie Finding Nemo?
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

No, but did you know that Alan Young, the voice of Jack Allen, plays Scrooge McDuck in Disney films and the series DuckTales?
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Yes, (do you like Ducktales, and those other Disney cartoons/films with Scrooge? I always have.)
But did you know Gennie Mullen (Lucy Cunningham Schulz) really did end up marrying Donald Long (Jack Davis)? How romantic can you get?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury