Avery Awards 2020

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Avery Awards 2020

Voting for the Avery Awards is up on the latest podcast!
We have two new categories this year: Best Investigative Duo and Best Bogus News Story Ajax Told in Breaking News.
Which episodes/actors/scenes do you hope will win?
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Here are my replies for the Avery Awards:

No 1: 3
No 2: 4
No 3: 4
No 4: 10
No 5: 5
No 6: 5
No 7: 1
No 8: 5
Buckles shipper. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Wyatt Perkins in "A Sacrificial Escape" is a personal favorite of mine haha
*Finger guns aggressively*
Carl
Caramel Crunch

MonkeyDude wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:55 pm
I know! Haha!

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?

Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

MonkeyDude wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:55 pm
I noticed that while I was voting. I emailed someone at Focus about it and they fixed it. It is now showing up as Tucker Chandler as Wyatt Perkins in “Man of the House”
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

So, the Avery Awards are out!
https://www.adventuresinodyssey.com/pod ... ry-awards/
Did anything you voted for win? Lose? Disappointed with the results? Thrilled?
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Carl
Caramel Crunch

LITERALLY EVERYTHING I VOTED FOR WON! I originally voted Nightmares by Constance best episode, would have changed that. It's so funny, because I leaked the album 70 info. :lol:

ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Carl wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:38 am
LITERALLY EVERYTHING I VOTED FOR WON!
It's the best when that happens!
Only one of mine won this year, and it was the Best Bogus News Story, if that counts as a win :o

They spoke of a "four-hour interview" as their supposed original plan for the podcast. Does anyone else have a feeling that's a reference to something?
Carl
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:10 pm
Carl wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:38 am
LITERALLY EVERYTHING I VOTED FOR WON!
It's the best when that happens!
Only one of mine won this year, and it was the Best Bogus News Story, if that counts as a win :o

They spoke of a "four-hour interview" as their supposed original plan for the podcast. Does anyone else have a feeling that's a reference to something?
Hmmm, I don't know...

Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Ooh, perhaps. That's such a cool Easter-egg, if true!
Jesse wrote:Yeah! Didn't you hear Chris's wrap-up at the end of "A Sacrificial Escape"? Locking someone in a room and making them think they could die for their own good isn't good at all.
^^THIS. I think this was probably a reference to fans far & wide discussing the morality of Morrie's actions and multiple fans writing emails to them. They referenced "A Sacrificial Escape" so specifically and so intentionally that it's gotta be a reference to that.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I was quite disappointed with the results of the Avery Awards this year. Only one thing that I voted for won, which was Best Investigative Duo. In my opinion, I think A Sacrificial Escape deserved to be Best Overall Episode and Best Scene. Or, if not those, to at least have won Best Script! But I'm glad it won Best Sound Design, so that's something.

Despite the results not being what I wanted, I liked the podcast itself! It was hilarious! I was hoping that the mysterious voice would turn out to be Brock Eastman, but I was pleased with who it turned out to be.
(I would personally like to see that self where they keep every single Odyssey album in cassette form. I didn't know Album 53 was available on cassette! Where can I buy it? ;))
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
The same thought came to mind the instant they mentioned this. But I do have a suspicion that it was a reference to the 4-hour interviews that the Aiowiki Podcast did with Phil Lollar... Just a thought.
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.