RWBY

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

RWBY

There's at least a few of us on the board that have watched RWBY, and it probably warrants its own thread. For those who don't know, RWBY is a show made by the independent studio Rooster Teeth that takes inspiration from anime and classical fairy tales. 5 of the 6 seasons are (officially) available to watch on Youtube.

Trailer:
First episode (animation quality improves after the first season =p):
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Rosy
Cookie Dough

RWBY is one of those shows that I was really into for the first few seasons, but after
they destroyed the entire city? country? (I really didn't understand) and killed off my favorite character (plus the whole "maidens" plot that was introduced out of nowhere and seemed really out of place with the setting and worldbuilding of the show)
I kinda lost interest. I definitely like the character designs, and I can't really blame them for the inconsistencies given that the show's original creator passed away in 2015, but all the plot and lore changes left me lost and confused and thus uninterested.
(I'm not saying it's a bad show, just stating why I lost interest)
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Rosy wrote:RWBY is one of those shows that I was really into for the first few seasons, but after
they destroyed the entire city? country? (I really didn't understand) and killed off my favorite character (plus the whole "maidens" plot that was introduced out of nowhere and seemed really out of place with the setting and worldbuilding of the show)
I kinda lost interest. I definitely like the character designs, and I can't really blame them for the inconsistencies given that the show's original creator passed away in 2015, but all the plot and lore changes left me lost and confused and thus uninterested.
(I'm not saying it's a bad show, just stating why I lost interest)
I feel ya.

I also think it is getting a bit nonsensical, and I only keep on watching because inertia and...
the fact that Neo is back.
~Two of your five a day~.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

My siblings are obsessed. They plug a computer into our tv and finally induct me. They assure me the animation gets better and I'm thinking, "It can scarcely get worse." Those shoulders made of a bunch of angles are offputting. But I warmed up to it. At this point, yes, I'm a fan! I love the fast, heavy metal opening themes, the colorful characters, and their relationships. It kind of is a hot mess, but it's MY hot mess.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Helios
Butter Pecan

I'm pretty sure the first and second volumes are available on Amazon Prime as well.

I actually tried watching this, but the first episode just wasn't my style. It's generated a ton of fantastic fan art, though, which I am always excited for!