Redwall

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Best Redwall Book?

Redwall
33%
Mossflower
33%
Mattimeo
No votes
Mariel of Redwall
No votes
Salamandastron
No votes
Martin the Warrior
No votes
The Bellmaker
No votes
Outcast of Redwall
No votes
Pearls of Lutra
No votes
Long Patrol
No votes
Marlfox
No votes
Legend of Luke
11%
Lord Brocktree
No votes
Taggerung
No votes
Rakkety Tam
11%
High Rhulain
11%
Eulalia!
No votes
Doomwyte
No votes
Sable Quean
No votes
Rogue Crew
No votes

Total votes: 9

Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Redwall

Who else loves these epic fantasy books? I just started and I have read Redwall, Mattimeo, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, and Mossflower.
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Mossflower remains one of my favorite fantasy novels to this day, and the audio drama version is fantastic. The voice actors are quite talented and bring each character to life with a unique voice, and the musical interludes still give me chills. It’s been a while since I’ve read any of the other books, but I remember Lord Brocktree also being good- and it possibly has the best antagonist in the series. I think I liked Triss a lot too, but at this point I’m relying on 15 year old Tea Ess and we disagree on most things.

The books do get repetitive later in the series, but whether that’s a dealbreaker is up to you. I listened to The Sable Queen a couple of years ago and it honestly just wasn’t that enjoyable for me, even with the nostalgia factor. Most of the characters were cookie cutter molds that Jacques had already employed multiple times, especially the protagonist/sidekick dynamic.

I guess just keep reading the books until they’re not enjoyable for you anymore, whether that means reading a few more or the rest of the series.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I love Mossflower, but I like Legend of Luke about as much because of how amazing Vilu Daskar is as a villain, and Luke's journey to stop him is incredible, and also I love seafaring stuff like Treasure Island.
Eanrin
Chocolate Chip

I used to love Redwall! It's been such a long time since I read them that the only thing I really remember now is the feasts. I still want to try meadow cream. Also, some moler speech might have crept into my vernacular throughout the years.
I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways of my own mind;
and in the mist of tears I hid from Him
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:I love Mossflower, but I like Legend of Luke about as much because of how amazing Vilu Daskar is as a villain, and Luke's journey to stop him is incredible, and also I love seafaring stuff like Treasure Island.
Oh yes, the seafaring storylines are good. Triss has one, and I think Pearls of Lutra has at least one as well if I remember right. I honestly don’t remember Vilu Daskar well.
Eanrin wrote:I used to love Redwall! It's been such a long time since I read them that the only thing I really remember now is the feasts. I still want to try meadow cream. Also, some moler speech might have crept into my vernacular throughout the years.
Yeah, the descriptions of food are probably the most recognizable aspect of the books. Brian Jacques could have made a killing in the food advertising industry.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Vilu is this Victorian fanciful pirate who raids Luke's village and massacres it, including killing Sayna; Luke's wife and Martin's mom. Luke swears revenge on the pirates and takes a ship. He finds Vilu who takes him prisoner. He tricks Vilu into looking for "the treasure of his tribe" but runs the ship into the rocks, but half of it survives. Here is Luke's final quote to him: "Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!"
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

The Legend of Luke is pretty legendary. That's my favorite story. It just feels, so real to me...
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Hopefully this is still in keeping with the thread, but what other fantasy series do you guys think are most similar to Redwall? Warriors?
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I remember reading Mossflower long ago, and I think it's one of the best of the Redwall books. It has a kind of Prince Caspian vibe to it, a sort of guerrilla army fighting against a heavily fortified enemy.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I just read Outcast and the Mariel duo. I liked Outcast and hated the Mariel books. They were SO boring