Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Kungfunaomi wrote:
shnoodlec. wrote:I am currently in a hospital bed waiting for my sleep study to start. O.O
Ooooh, tell me what that's like when you wake up! How are you supposed to sleep when you know that people are going to be monitoring you?

I'm busy running a fever over here and writing a Mario fanfic. Don't you just love being sick? It's greaaaaaat.
Well, I posted this a month ago, so I've definitely woken up by now. Did your post get caught in a time warp? :P It went fine, but I had a really hard time falling asleep.

You're running a fever and writing? You are a much stronger woman than I. :lol:
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Belle wrote:Welp. Over the weekend I did a thing.

As in, I gradumacated college.
Also that is Rosy on the left. Enjoy.
Yaaaaay for you!!!!! So exciting!!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Raptors got swept in the NBA Playoffs.

Me is sad.
~Two of your five a day~.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Please take a minute today to think on the ultimate sacrifice of so many men and women. And, if you see a veteran, please just tell them thank you.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Yesterday I was walking down the stairs carrying wayyyyyyy to many books. I trip and now my toe is broken. (Note to self don't carry to many books down the stairs.) So a lesson for you all. Don't carry books.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Ouch! No, you just need a bag.
Jo March
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Hope you heal soon.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Jo March wrote:Ouch! No, you just need a bag.
I should have thought of that.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

See! I think of things... lol
Jo March
Helios
Butter Pecan

Just out of random curiosity, how many of y'all would be interested in one of those choose-your-own-adventure game apps with a Christian storyline and emphasis?
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Helios wrote:Just out of random curiosity, how many of y'all would be interested in one of those choose-your-own-adventure game apps with a Christian storyline and emphasis?
Maybe. Why?
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Yes I would.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Helios
Butter Pecan

Weellllll.....

I may or may not be contracted to write one by a company that may or may not be producing it. It's in a very sketchy stage at this point, but I figured some feedback from the target audience might be useful.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Wow! That's an honor! I personally would probably not choose a choose-your-own-adventure app as a first pick, but my nephews would. A Christian one would be amazing, just so they are not surrounded by "worldly" apps and adventures.
Jo March
Helios
Butter Pecan

As someone who plays choose-your-own-adventures, I must admit they are pretty non-Christian in some parts. :( But that's why I'm here: to make an alternative for people who want good, clean, well-written content! :D I'm starting off rn with a generic high school drama, but I might switch to fantasy if there's more of a market for that. Werewolf stories are apparently very popular. O.o
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Helios wrote:As someone who plays choose-your-own-adventures, I must admit they are pretty non-Christian in some parts. :( But that's why I'm here: to make an alternative for people who want good, clean, well-written content! :D I'm starting off rn with a generic high school drama, but I might switch to fantasy if there's more of a market for that. Werewolf stories are apparently very popular. O.o
....Christian werewolf stories...

That's almost like the genre "Christian Horror."
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Helios
Butter Pecan

LOL I meant I'd try fantasy (NOT WEREWOLF) because fantasy as a genre seems kinda popular? Not that I'm against Christian werewolf stories. I think it'd be interesting, but so many of them seem to focus on sex instead of the more interesting aspects. I once read a Hardy Boys novel that was about a guy who thought he was a werewolf but he was actually schizophrenic and it was really good.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

The original Hardy Boys series is so good. Same for Nancy Drew. Both are mostly very wholesome and educational, as well as fun and entertaining.

And I would definitely agree that fantasy does seem to have increasing popularity...
Jo March
Helios
Butter Pecan

Oh lors, I just love that one Hardy Boys where they get the shriveled heads as part of a museum collection. And that time Biff Hooper joined a cult as a ruse to get the cult leader arrested. And that one where they went to Ireland and ran into a bunch of weirdo Diana worshipers.

Old Hardy Boys is EPIC. \:D/
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Jo March wrote:The original Hardy Boys series is so good. Same for Nancy Drew. Both are mostly very wholesome and educational, as well as fun and entertaining.

And I would definitely agree that fantasy does seem to have increasing popularity...
Never read any of those, but I'm getting strong "Carmen Sandiego" vibes from them (which is an extremely good thing).