The Story of a Young Man

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

The Story of a Young Man

This is the story of a young man. This man was brought up by his father, a single parent who struggled to make ends meet. The young man was soon going to leave his father and enter college, and he would have, if the tragedy had not occurred.

One night, the son was driving his father in their car when an oncoming vehicle swerved and crashed through the driver’s side. It was a devastating accident. The driver of the other vehicle was a globally-known celebrity, and was fatally injured that night. The father miraculously escaped with only insignificant wounds. The young man, however, sustained serious head wounds, was rushed to the nearest hospital, and was to remain there for years.

In the days that followed the accident, word was spread worldwide about the death of the celebrity. The date of his death became as iconic as the celebrity himself, and the story continually repeated about how he ended up hospitalizing another man as well.

Meanwhile, this man had suffered so much trauma that he no longer was able to act like an adult, his mental capacity quite deteriorated, to the point where he had to continually remain under hospital care. His father, angered, stressed, and already consumed with an impossible schedule, decided that he could not make ends meet and pay for his son’s care at the same time. So, as soon as his son had become remotely coherent, the father calmly told him that he was leaving. The son, in a childlike state, asked when he would return, to which the father replied that he didn’t know, but he would return. He left, never to return.

The young man was eventually given a new guardian, an elderly man who was very kind toward him. Eventually, he convalesced to the point where he was able to leave the hospital, but for only a day or two at a time. Hence, from time to time, the old man would take the young one to his social gatherings and such, and while there, the old man’s friends would see his mentally impaired companion and ask “what happened.”

Now, if the young man were able to know “what happened,” it would be very devastating and harmful to him mentally. Thus, the old man would merely say the date of the accident and all would be understood. If the young man asked what the date meant, the only reply he would get would be, “I can’t tell you.”

Over time, the old man himself became ill, and the young man was left alone in the hospital, a place he grew to abhor.

Ready to be mind-blown?
The date of the accident was March 18, 1999.
Still didn't get it? Okay, here's part 2:
Because of his mental state, he could not come to understand his treatment. Whenever his nurse would administer his medication, the young man would resist, and cry; and after a few weeks of this "torture" and no one there to comfort him, the young man made up his feeble mind to escape, and he did.

The old man, who was passing away, desired to die at home rather than in a hospital. His caretaker was his only company at this time, as he had no surviving children [may need to confirm this]. Then, a few days before he died, the young man made his way to the old man's home. He was welcomed in, and stayed there until the old man died. Now, when he left the hospital, it turned out that the young man had recovered to the point where he could survive without treatment. He also was starting to remember his childhood. He couldn't recall the accident, but he could recollect scenes from his childhood: his mother dying, the happy times with his dad, and his dad saying he would return.

Over the next few days, the old man decided to change his will, to give his fortune and home to the young man, as neither had any family with him [may need to confirm this]. On his deathbed, the old man explained to the young one that there were bad men out there who would want to sneak into the house and steal the money So, he told the young one where the money and will were, but not exactly how to get to them. "I can't tell you," is all he would say, with a smile. The young man didn't fully understand, but he would eventually.

The next day, the old man died.
Last edited by Scientific Guy on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

I don't get it can someone tell me what the date means? I fell like I should know it but I am blank?
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Katie10 wrote:I don't get it can someone tell me what the date means? I fell like I should know it but I am blank?
"I can't tell you."
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Scientific Guy wrote:
Katie10 wrote:I don't get it can someone tell me what the date means? I fell like I should know it but I am blank?
"I can't tell you."
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Katie, think of a specific aio episode, or two, with a repeated series of numbers. How else can March 18th 1999 be described? :) :D
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

I still do not get it?
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah... I don't get it either. I really should, but I don't. :lol:
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

I added a section to the story; hope it helps!
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Wow am I dumb or is this really hard :lol: ? I still do not get it.
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Katie10 wrote:Wow am I dumb or is this really hard :lol: ? I still do not get it.
ITS OKAY! I DONT EITHER
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Kathy0 wrote:
Katie10 wrote:Wow am I dumb or is this really hard :lol: ? I still do not get it.
ITS OKAY! I DONT EITHER
Good penny Bassett do you now?
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yes, it's from an episode in the album, No Way Out.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

PennyBassett wrote:Yes, it's from an episode in the album, No Way Out.
Could you help us?
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

It's the story of Lester for No Way Out. Lester is the young man, and his elderly guardian is Elmer McAlister.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

I read this on your AIOWiki page before it was completed and at the beginning I didn't get it but as soon as I read the date I was like, aha that's fun!
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Kungfunaomi wrote:I read this on your AIOWiki page before it was completed and at the beginning I didn't get it but as soon as I read the date I was like, aha that's fun!
Thanks! It's always nice to hear feedback about people reading the stuff we write.