Prayer requests!

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
User avatar
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1491
Joined: August 2014
Location: odyssey.chat

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

If you guys could pray for my dad, that'd be great!! He apparently had the tips of two of his fingers cut off at work last night (I found a note on the table???) and he can't sleep I just found the note and I really hope he's okay if you could pray for him please that'd be great.!

Update: He's up and in a LOT of pain, he was cleaning a saw blade at work which he says is basically a 24" round razor blade and his hand slipped. The doc said he was about 2 millimeters from hitting the bone but it's a diagonal cut so he's missing a good bit of his finger.
Last edited by Connie G. on Mon May 08, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
User avatar
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 466
Joined: September 2016
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Sure Connie I will be praying!
Image
User avatar
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup
Posts: 1587
Joined: January 2016
Location: Writing my way out
Contact:

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Connie G. wrote:If you guys could pray for my dad, that'd be great!! He apparently had the tips of two of his fingers cut off at work last night (I found a note on the table???) and he can't sleep I just found the note and I really hope he's okay if you could pray for him please that'd be great.!

Update: He's up and in a LOT of pain, he was cleaning a saw blade at work which he says is basically a 24" saw blade and his hand slipped. The doc said he was about 2 millimeters from hitting the bone but it's a diagonal cut so he's missing a good bit of his finger.
Oh my goodness. :!:
That's awful! Please let him know my he's in our prayers. :pray:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
User avatar
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1340
Joined: December 2013
Location: Odyssey USA!

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

He will be getting a skin graft on Monday, but the doc says it will be a few months before he can use it easily/naturally again.
Image
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
User avatar
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1427
Joined: June 2012
Location: College

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

If you all could pray for me, I have my last (hopefully) teaching test, the Praxis, tomorrow. If I pass it I can start student teaching within the next year (which means graduation soon after O.o ), and I am really nervous. I have been studying for about a month but I'm not sure how I'll do on it, because people have said it's a beast of a test (Four hours...). Anyway, I have been in and out of Urgent Care the past 3 days because of an infection on my foot which has really conflicted with studying, so please pray that my nerves will relax and I can hopefully pass this test! Thanks all!
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Image
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
User avatar
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup
Posts: 1587
Joined: January 2016
Location: Writing my way out
Contact:

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Stella C. wrote:If you all could pray for me, I have my last (hopefully) teaching test, the Praxis, tomorrow. If I pass it I can start student teaching within the next year (which means graduation soon after O.o ), and I am really nervous. I have been studying for about a month but I'm not sure how I'll do on it, because people have said it's a beast of a test (Four hours...). Anyway, I have been in and out of Urgent Care the past 3 days because of an infection on my foot which has really conflicted with studying, so please pray that my nerves will relax and I can hopefully pass this test! Thanks all!
Wow, a four hour test! I will definitely be praying, Stella! May you have peace during this time. :inlove:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
User avatar
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2654
Joined: June 2014

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Y'all, I'm having a really rough end of the semester. I've been really struggling with anxiety and depression, my grades are dropping, and out of the blue on Wednesday, my boyfriend broke up with me. I'm trying to see the goodness of God in all of this, because I know He's there and in control. He's still a good Father. But I'm having a really difficult time right now.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
User avatar
MnM
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 529
Joined: July 2015

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

I'm sorry Stella C. and TigerShadow, both of those things sound really tough. I will be praying for you both.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10, Philippians 4:13, and Isaiah 40:29-31 are some Bible verses that encourage me, and I hope that they might encourage you too.
Image
User avatar
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 466
Joined: September 2016
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

I will be praying for both of you for sure.
Image
Tarol
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1412
Joined: June 2015

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Not the Tiger ship. :cry: I'll be praying for you. If you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to ask m....Miss Friendship. She's been broken up with so many times. 0=) *awkward side hugs*
xo eht haiasi-
User avatar
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup
Posts: 1587
Joined: January 2016
Location: Writing my way out
Contact:

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Praying for you, Tiger! :inlove:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
User avatar
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4818
Joined: February 2015
Location: Somewhere beyond you
Contact:

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Not the Tiger ship. :cry: I'll be praying for you. If you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to ask m....Miss Friendship. She's been broken up with so many times. 0=) *awkward side hugs*
YOU POSTED THAT? I thought you were joking.... *is horrified for two seconds* #lies

But seriously, that is sad. :( If he ever hurt you, sic all of us after him. :x
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
User avatar
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 466
Joined: September 2016
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Hey, if y'all could pray for my dad that would be awesome. We just found out that he is going to need surgery in his hips, knees, and back. He was already going to get his knees replaced but the doctor said they should make sure his back and hips don't need surgery because it might be more important than his knees. Its turns out, all of them are really messed up and the reason he did not feel as much pain from them is because the nerves are damaged from previous surgeries on his knees.He might not feel as much pain from them but if they are not fixed soon he won't be able to move at all. Even after surgery, he won't be able to do much at all (he likes to hurt and work on our land and stuff). It's all a confusing mess and he won't be able to do anything like he can now ever again. He is very active so this will be hard on him. It was a pretty big shock for everyone. So yeah, if you guys could pray that would be awesome. =)
Image
User avatar
MnM
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 529
Joined: July 2015

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

I will be praying for your dad Kathy0.
Image
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 709
Joined: July 2016
Location: Look in the Library
Contact:

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Oh my goodness! I will be praying for all of you! And while I'm at it, would ya'll please pray that my orchestra concert goes well? The rehearsals have been terrible. I know AuntSarah would appreciate prayers as well. I can't go into details but I know she could definitely use prayer. Thanks guys!
Image
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
User avatar
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup
Posts: 1587
Joined: January 2016
Location: Writing my way out
Contact:

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Kathy0 wrote:Hey, if y'all could pray for my dad that would be awesome. We just found out that he is going to need surgery in his hips, knees, and back. He was already going to get his knees replaced but the doctor said they should make sure his back and hips don't need surgery because it might be more important than his knees. Its turns out, all of them are really messed up and the reason he did not feel as much pain from them is because the nerves are damaged from previous surgeries on his knees.He might not feel as much pain from them but if they are not fixed soon he won't be able to move at all. Even after surgery, he won't be able to do much at all (he likes to hurt and work on our land and stuff). It's all a confusing mess and he won't be able to do anything like he can now ever again. He is very active so this will be hard on him. It was a pretty big shock for everyone. So yeah, if you guys could pray that would be awesome. =)
I am praying! Is he doing better now?
Jo March wrote:Oh my goodness! I will be praying for all of you! And while I'm at it, would ya'll please pray that my orchestra concert goes well? The rehearsals have been terrible. I know AuntSarah would appreciate prayers as well. I can't go into details but I know she could definitely use prayer. Thanks guys!
Oh no! That sounds stressful, I'll be praying for you both.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 709
Joined: July 2016
Location: Look in the Library
Contact:

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Well, the concert actually went really well! I really think God helped pull it together. Thanks for your prayers!
Image
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
User avatar
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1491
Joined: August 2014
Location: odyssey.chat

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Congrats :)
Image
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
User avatar
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks
Posts: 3907
Joined: November 2012
Location: I'm A Leo, So Everywhere At Once

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Hey guys, I applied for Hobby Lobby, so if you could pray that works out, that'd be great. Or if it doesn't, that God make what he wants me to do clear.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
User avatar
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble
Posts: 893
Joined: May 2016
Contact:

Re: Prayer Requests!

Post

Oh absolutely! And while I'm here, my little brother isn't feeling well and may have the flu. I live in a big family so it's not uncommon for other people to get sick when one does. And I'm already not feeling very good, but I really do not want to be sick. So, if you could be praying for us that'd be great! <3
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Post Reply