Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I went to the dentist today, one of my least favorite places, and guess what I get as a birthday/new year's present? A filling.

My first one, ever. Plus I've never had any sort of atheistic before to boot. I am so not excited.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Wow, I thought I knew you'd been homeschooled, but never thought you were so sheltered as to have never met an atheistic before!
(LOL!)
But no, fillings are not fun. :P
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Wow, I thought I knew you'd been homeschooled, but never thought you were so sheltered as to have never met an atheistic before!
(LOL!)
*Anesthetic :P

For the record it is a hard word.

Whale, I had my filling, and it really wasn't that bad at all. The worst part was the taste, followed by my face being numb. But, since I got it early in the morning, I just went back to bed after I was done and woke up feeling like normal.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Helios
Butter Pecan

Miss Friendship wrote: And what exactly is the Dark Side?

I was happy to move on from that hole, considering how the mods would proofread everything we said and sometimes not post it... :x :twisted:
You know...Star Wars, the Force, the Dark Side and the Light? The Dark Side is evil and we all have yellow eyes? :twisted:

Yes, isn't it better to come here where we get called out for not posting responses the way the mods would have us do? So much better. :twisted: I do think I prefer it here, tho, all things considered. Moving emoticons! \:D/
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

So, I've read the first Harry Potter and am now trying to determine what house I'm in.
The test I've taken are about right in the middle of Gryffindor and HufflePuff. For myself, I think I'm more Gryffindor, but would love to be more hipster and in HufflePuff. Which do you guys think for me?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Bethany Shepard wrote:So, I've read the first Harry Potter and am now trying to determine what house I'm in.
The test I've taken are about right in the middle of Gryffindor and HufflePuff. For myself, I think I'm more Gryffindor, but would love to be more hipster and in HufflePuff. Which do you guys think for me?
You could say you are a Gryffinpuff... :lol:

Though I would say from the time we've spent conversing, I have noticed your sweet, optimistic nature and HufflePuff sounds accurate. We must not forget that we also, can be just and courageous beings. :)
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I agree. Beth is totally a Hufflepuff through and through. This is coming from a Ravenpuff, so hey.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Helios wrote:
Miss Friendship wrote: And what exactly is the Dark Side?

I was happy to move on from that hole, considering how the mods would proofread everything we said and sometimes not post it... :x :twisted:
You know...Star Wars, the Force, the Dark Side and the Light? The Dark Side is evil and we all have yellow eyes? :twisted:

Yes, isn't it better to come here where we get called out for not posting responses the way the mods would have us do? So much better. :twisted: I do think I prefer it here, tho, all things considered. Moving emoticons! \:D/
A barely related video you must watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odlthx3ROwE
Helios
Butter Pecan

Oh my goodness, Emma! "Dork Side!" *dies laughing* That mustache is a killer! \:D/
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Helios wrote:Oh my goodness, Emma! "Dork Side!" *dies laughing* That mustache is a killer! \:D/
I know! I love all of Studio C's stuff. :mad: They're just great. :yes:
Helios
Butter Pecan

I think my favorite Studio C is that one where the family members pretend they're dying in order to get the others to spill their dirty secrets. That was hysterical. \:D/
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Helios wrote:I think my favorite Studio C is that one where the family members pretend they're dying in order to get the others to spill their dirty secrets. That was hysterical. \:D/
Its also like one of the only ones you watched. :twisted: Thanks to me. \:D/
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

GJFH wrote: You could say you are a Gryffinpuff... :lol:

Though I would say from the time we've spent conversing, I have noticed your sweet, optimistic nature and HufflePuff sounds accurate. We must not forget that we also, can be just and courageous beings. :)
Belle wrote:I agree. Beth is totally a Hufflepuff through and through. This is coming from a Ravenpuff, so hey.
Oh, so much confusion! I asked my best friend the same question and she said it was hard, but she thought Gryffindor. (she's a Ravenclaw, too, GG :D )
She said on the surface, I could be a Hufflepuff, but when you get to know me, I'm definitely a Gryffindor.
Also, according to the Myer-Briggs Personality test, I'm in Gryffindor. #INFJ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, my decision is Gryffinpuff. :lol: Thank you for your input, guys!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Gryffinpuff would be an awesome house. \:D/ Can I be Slytherclaw?

So I got a car, moved into my apartment, got furniture and wifi, went grocery shopping, and start work on Monday. Apartment pictures soon to follow.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

T.S. (myself) wrote:So I got a car, moved into my apartment, got furniture and wifi, went grocery shopping, and start work on Monday. Apartment pictures soon to follow.
Awesomesauce. \:D/ Becoming self sufficient is always exciting. :wacky:

What kind of car?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

T.S. (myself) wrote:Gryffinpuff would be an awesome house. \:D/ Can I be Slytherclaw?

So I got a car, moved into my apartment, got furniture and wifi, went grocery shopping, and start work on Monday. Apartment pictures soon to follow.
Woohoooo! Congrats Tea, very happy for you. Do you cook?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

It's January. Why am I beyond hot in my dorm room when it's only 50° outside!?
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Miss Friendship wrote:Awesomesauce. \:D/ Becoming self sufficient is always exciting. :wacky:

What kind of car?
Indeed. It's a little scary too.

My car is a used Honda Civic. It's nothing too fancy, but it is a fairly recent model and came at a very reasonable price. :yes:
Connie G. wrote:Congrats Tea, very happy for you. Do you cook?
I guess the honest answer is that I can cook, but I don't always choose to do so. :P For example, here's a picture of my dinner last night, but today I just made an egg sandwich.
As promised, here are some photos of my apartment. It was pretty much impossible to get decent lighting and my photography skills have dwindled to nothing, but it should give you a decent idea of what it looks like.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

O.o

HONDA CIVIC. THE BEST CAR.

That apt tho. o____0 Spotless.

And that food. O.o O.o

TS has it covered. :yes:

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Oh. My gosh Tea Ess. Oh. My. Gosh. You are completely rocking it, Tea O.o

LOOK AT THAT RED BLANKET THO
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games