The SS family web

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I thought Paula and I were sisters?
By the way T.S. those are great Family Webs!!!
Proud K.R.E Member
Woody
Cookies & Creme

I'm going to suggest that Belle and I's relationship be changed to "It's Complicated" as she's my mother, my daughter, and technically my wife. ;)

Probably the same for Shey, since she's both my sister and my ship :P

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I realized I haven't updated the web in a month. :anxious: I know people have asked me to add relationships on the chat, but I don't remember all of the requests. If you asked me to make a change to the web (outside of this thread), could you please post it below?

As for the requests in this thread, I cannot add a doppleganger relationship category, sorry. :( The web is getting complicated enough as it is.

I will plan to add Blitz-Mandy as exes, and Mickey-Paula as sisters.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Didi
Cookies & Creme

I believe Penguin and I discussed on the chat that he was to be my older brother.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I'm pretty sure AS and I are/were married at some point?? Idk. That was quite a while ago.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Thanks, Didi and Ashley! (you changed your name :o)

I asked Penguin how he wanted to handle his web marriage, and he said he would prefer to remain a charming bachelor for now. :P
Luke Evans
Caramel Crunch
Location: I'll be back on in five minutes, but if im not, read this message again.

When I stumble upon this and have no idea what anyone is talking about :mad: :mad: :mad:

Accordion to my calculations, 1 out of 10 people realized I changed one of my words with an instrument.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Yeah, sorry. =p The first post doesn't give a great description, probably because the SS family tree was discussed on the mini-chat first, and I assumed everyone who was reading the topic was already familiar with the concept. That worked well enough to start with, but it doesn't give much help to people who joined later.

Basically, the family tree was a loose concept from 2012 until recently, and it was comprised of all of the online (fake) relationships Soda Shoppers had created with each other. As you can see early in this thread, it started as just being a list of all the relationships. My hope was to one day actually map it out as a family tree, but when I tried, it proved impossible due to fact that every single person was related to everyone else in some way. The tree also tended to be very flat due to most people being siblings or cousins, rather than having multiple generations with grandparents, uncles, aunts, and children.

Earlier this fall, Connie gave me the idea of mapping out the family tree as a web instead. A few pages ago, I laid out some basic ground rules to make the web work. Namely, relationships only count in the first degree. For example, if Person A and Person B are related, and Person B and Person C are related, one cannot conclude that Person A and Person C are also related, unless Person A and Person C explicitly state their relationship. This change allowed me to create a workable map in Excel which graphs all the known relationships on the board. It's not quite a family tree, but I think it functions quite well for viewing relationships and identifying family groups. :yes:

If you'd like me to include you and Agent as cousins in the next update, I'd be happy to do that. \:D/
Luke Evans
Caramel Crunch
Location: I'll be back on in five minutes, but if im not, read this message again.

Ooooooh, that makes much more sense XD, and you can add Monty and i as cousins, thank you.

Accordion to my calculations, 1 out of 10 people realized I changed one of my words with an instrument.
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Hey, T.S., do you have an updated version of the family web?
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I finally updated it. \:D/

It's getting much harder to keep it legible, but the important thing is that the data is there. I can create smaller webs for family groups (like the two I did earlier) if that's requested.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Oh, hello! This is a great idea! Please add in next time you're making one that I'm Paula's twin and Blitz's younger sister. :D
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Hmmm what am I? The crazy Aunt? HEHEHE
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Oh, you're my sister, remember? :D
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

OH YEAH! And Gaberks of course! TS please add that! Thanks!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Dear sir, I ask you to add Emma and Kathy as my godchildren. :)
Please and thank you.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

YAY!!!!!! I am so glad!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Oh, so you do include real relationships. I always thought they were left out of this thing.
~ Walker in Dreams
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:Oh, so you do include real relationships. I always thought they were left out of this thing.
He is including real ones if the parties involved ask him to do so.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Luke Evans wrote:Ooooooh, that makes much more sense XD, and you can add Monty and i as cousins, thank you.
You've been added! \:D/ Sorry I missed you on the last update.
Emma wrote:Oh, hello! This is a great idea! Please add in next time you're making one that I'm Paula's twin and Blitz's younger sister. :D
This has been completed. :)
Emma wrote:Oh, you're my sister, remember? :D
Kathy0 wrote:OH YEAH! And Gaberks of course! TS please add that! Thanks!
This has been completed, and I also took the liberty of showing Gaberk and Emma as siblings, since I've been updating the web a lot less frequently. Let me know if you want it undone.
GJFH wrote:Dear sir, I ask you to add Emma and Kathy as my godchildren. :)
Please and thank you.
Your collection of godchildren has been expanded. =p
Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:Oh, so you do include real relationships. I always thought they were left out of this thing.
Like Belle said, it depends on what people want. The primary focus is on fictional relationships, but if there are two real life siblings on the SS who want to be on the web, that counts too.