Pokémon Go

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Pokémon Go

I keep seeing this game all over the internet and it was talked about at work. What's the big deal with it? O.o Does anyone here play it?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I've tried to play it and it's really fun, but unfortunately many of the main features require you to be in more populated areas, so I can't get much out of it. =(
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I've heard about it and though I'm not much into video games, it looks interesting and I think I might like to play it.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

If I was into Pokemon, I'd definitely be interested. As it is, I think it's really cool that the game has gotten so many people outside, and that it's brought people together rather than creating an individualized and isolated experience. I've heard a lot of cool stories about how people who have struggled with depression and anxiety have gotten out and involved in their communities through this game, and some kids in my college ministry group have even talked about using the game as a missions opportunity.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

It's a pretty cool idea, in fact, the company behind it has made a game similar to it called Ingress (which is basically capture the flag with a GPS component and on a large scale) which was the base for this game, I think.
kait
Cookies & Creme

I'm obsessed. It's so much fun! It is definitely slanted toward urban areas, though. Luckily I live in a giant city.

I was never allowed to do anything Pokemon-related growing up and feel moderately robbed of that experience. So this game is more than making up for it. \:D/
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Playing Pokemon Go on a college campus is great. There's a pond not too far from my dorm, and water Pokemon spawn there all the time. I only need 100 more candies to evolve my Magikarp. :o
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Not my kind of thing... I've heard a lot about it, and it doesn't seem like my kind of game.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I've been walking my Pikachu as my Pokemon buddy, and I finally have enough candy to evolve it! I still need more to power it up first, but I'm still very happy with my progress.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

My Interactive Design professor told us in the syllabus that if we see someone playing Pokémon Go in class, we should keep track of how many Pokémon they catch, and for each one he takes off 3% of your grade. :lol:
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

TigerShadow wrote:My Interactive Design professor told us in the syllabus that if we see someone playing Pokémon Go in class, we should keep track of how many Pokémon they catch, and for each one he takes off 3% of your grade. :lol:
Heh. I haven't had any professors specifically mention it, but some of them have pretty strict policies on phones. It's been amazing how many students here play Pokemon Go.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I had to stay at school over the summer to take several classes, and right after Pokémon Go came out, I'd be walking around at 9:00 at night and just about anyone and everyone would be running around in packs. I just thought it was really cool that so many people could meet each other and communicate over something like that.
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

I enjoy playing Pokémon Go as well. kait, and Tea Ess I could send you guys my Pokémon Trainer code to add you guys to my friends list on Pokémon Go.