A Very Bassett Wedding

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

A Very Bassett Wedding

Wow, was this a good episode (at least part 1 was). I just listened to it on the AIO club, and I couldn't be more pleased. It had comedy, mystery, and suspense.
I am so glad they brought back Wellington and Penny's parents. And Eugene being the assistant wedding coordinator is hilarious. I totally wasn't expecting the mystery of the missing wedding ring to be so... well, I can't really find a word to describe it. What really got to me was what happened at the very end. What's up with Penny?! I thought it was just anxiety.
I think that so far they are doing a great job on a long awaited episode. What do those who have also listened to it think?
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I loved this episode! It was really great! I almost felt like I was listening to a pre-hiatus episode. (Which made me really happy!!) I'm so excited for their wedding!!! And ya, I am really intrigued to find out what's wrong with Penny! Where do you think they're going for their honeymoon? I'm thinking maybe Alaska since Penny's never been there and She hasn't really met Wooton's parents or seen where he grew up and my other guess is Disney World.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I'm actually a bit surprised I really liked this episode too. I was expecting it to be pretty similar to For Better or For Worse, which it still is, but it's different enough that I can give it a pass. =p The humor was pretty good too, especially that one pun that I can't think of right now... And the music was really good. 0_0 Hearing the AIO theme on violin at the beginning sounded really cool, even if it was pretty synthesized. :P Wellington came back and I was holding my breathe to hear from Talia, but sadly no. =( My dream would be to have every single character that Wooton knows in part 2, but I know that would be expensive to get all the actors and is most likely not going to happen. :( BUT STILL. #hope The mystery is a bit... distracting, but it's not /super/ annoying. I think Wooton just dropped the ring, but I don't know. o_0 Does anyone know who the old lady's actress was? Oh, and for some reason gallstones comes to mind for Penny's problem, but I don't know if they cause just stomach pain or not. Most likely nothing /serious/. Euguene and Connie were fun in the episode. So, I did enjoy it. =p Even if I haven't really the rest of the season.
xo eht haiasi-
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I liked this episode a lot, I'm excited for part 2. I think it is funny that Eugene was the one giving Penny the facial on the cover. xD
My guess is appendicitis. Typical stomach pains thing.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

You know, I guess it's still possible that the rest of Wellington's family will show up. (Is he married?) And then again, as long as Grady shows up, I'll be happy. I too enjoyed the theme. I would honestly go as far as to say that this episode was flawless. Well done Kathy!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I loved the first episode and can't wait to hear the next one! I wasn't sure what to expect but I like how they did this episode. At the same time, I feel kind of on edge about it for some reason. Listening to it makes me feel anxious, like I hope nothing goes wrong and they actually do get married.
I'm guessing Penny has appendicitis. I didn't feel very well for a while, my stomach was a little upset, and I couldn't eat anything, and then it really started hurting. That was my immediate thought when I heard the ending anyway. That'd be a horrible way to start a wedding!

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Awwww, that was so cute! This is exactly the reason I want a more casual wedding. I get stressed even thinking about planning a wedding, and I don't even have a boyfriend. :P
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Lol same! :lol:
But ya, part two was adorable! I loved it so much! Wellington and Wooton playing good cop and bad cop cracked me up. I we all know that Wooton definitely will use that yogurt coupon :o The scene with Penny in the hospital was super sweet. And anytime Connie and Eugne play off of each other I either laugh, say "Aww!!! :inlove: Wait- what?! O.o", or shiver and start gagging. I laughed at this one. So no Grady or Talleah. :( But that's ok. And this is a really small thing but I've noticed recently that people are saying The Meltsners instead of just Eugene and Katrina. (Like on their voicemail) And Wooton named them right after the Parkers so, yep the Meltsners are totally an official Odyssey family now.
Didi
Cookies & Creme

The OA Club really left us with a cliff hanger. Penny in surgery...sorry if I spoil anything. I can't wait til the whole album actually comes out and we can get the second part.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Didn't the second part come out on OAC today? I told myself I wouldn't listen to it until both parts were released. (Patience and I are not familiar bedfellows.)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ok was anyone surprised by Jules showing up at the end? I knew she was gonna be in album 62, so it wasn't a huge surprise. But I really did not expect her to be mentioned in this album.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:Didn't the second part come out on OAC today? I told myself I wouldn't listen to it until both parts were released. (Patience and I are not familiar bedfellows.)
Yeah, it did. Also be sure to listen to after the credits if you can.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

If Belle hadn't said to listen after the credits I would have totally missed that. Connie wishing that she had a man to catch her like that tho :lol: She's talked a lot like that for the past several albums (more that usual, I mean. Also mentions future kids a few times...). Does that mean the AIO team might be gearing up for another love story that actually INCLUDES Connie??? Could it be????

But honestly, those episodes were the cutest ever. I knew Wooton and Penny were adorable together, but they multiplied the cuteness by 10. And seeing Connie/Eugene pretending to be a couple the best thing to make me feel better (I've been a bit sick (read: violently ill))

But now the big question: BABIES???
Sorry if I don't make sense. But these are my thoughts.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

ClaraOswald wrote:
But now the big question: BABIES???
Oh my word yes please please please.

I assume they'll have to wait a couple albums but I NEED IT.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

YES!!! Absalutely!!! Go for it Odyssey! I would like to know how Penny would treat her kids. I have no doubt about Wooton's role as a father, but I really don't know about Penny. She doesn't really seem like a kid person. But idk that might change.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

PennyBassett wrote:YES!!! Absalutely!!! Go for it Odyssey! I would like to know how Penny would treat her kids. I have no doubt about Wooton's role as a father, but I really don't know about Penny. She doesn't really seem like a kid person. But idk that might change.
As I am basically Penny in human form, I have to say that she would be very good with kids. In fact, kids trust her right off the bat, even though she's a stranger, cause she just has that personality.

I also have a head cannon that on the way to the rehearsal, she saw some wildflowers on the side of the road and begged Wooton to stop so she could pick them. He of course did, and her bouquet is black eyed Susan's and queen Anne's lace. :)
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Aww! Yes! That's so perfect!

-- Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:32 pm --

Ok Penny show down cause I think I'm pretty much Penny as well so how are you like her?
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Loved the preview for part 2!

Wooton: "Why can't I be Bad Cop?"
Wellington: "Because your Bad Cop makes Snow White look like a mob boss." :lol:
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

YES!!! That's such a hilarious part! I just stated cracking up
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

PennyBassett wrote: Ok Penny show down cause I think I'm pretty much Penny as well so how are you like her?
So not only do I look like her, I'm weird, a bit naive, I love to paint and draw and express myself creatively. I enjoy dressing in a style that could be considered quirky. I also much prefer a little church in the meadow with stained glass and hymns to a big one, with loud music and lights.

Like basically every episode I hear her and go, yup, that's me.