Personal Quirks

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
kait
Cookies & Creme

Lol. I'm 25. And I am indeed married. Have been for awhile now :P
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yep! I hate it when I really want to read but people are talking so much that I can't focus on reading!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Helios
Butter Pecan

PennyBassett wrote:Yep! I hate it when I really want to read but people are talking so much that I can't focus on reading!
So true! It's like the positively worst thing in the world! This is why they invented sound-cancelling headphones.
----
I hate it when the E key on my keyboard comes loose. Look at how many Es I have here. So many Es. So much hatred. :twisted:
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I had this thing when i was little, that whenever we had waffles, i had to make sure every little square had butter and syrup in it. i don’t do t much any more, but it made me crazy when i was younger(this happened about eight or nine years ago, so don’t judge me.)
@kait: btw, congratulations, even if it has been awhile since you got married.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I don't like my food to mix. If it does, I don't eat what mixed. *Shudders*
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

You leave food on your plate?? It drives me crazy when people leave perfectly good food just sitting there...
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Helios
Butter Pecan

I like to eat all the salt crystals off my pretzels. I'm also the sort of person to twist the Oreo apart and eat the filling first, and to lick all the icing off my cupcakes.

Does anyone else like sprinkles? Cause I always go for the stuff with sprinkles. ALWAYS. Sprinkled donuts are the best. :D
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Helios, you are funny! You kinda remind me of a good friend of mine named Sarah. She is awesome! (She has a few quirks, too, but that's why I like her so much!)
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

PennyBassett wrote:Yep! I hate it when I really want to read but people are talking so much that I can't focus on reading!
Same. I also hate when people keep trying to talk to me when I'm drawing or look over my shoulder while I'm using a computer—and then when people act like you must have something to hide if you don't want to tell them what you're up to. It's like, the people who I tell this information to are the ones who don't act like they're entitled to it. >_>
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I have to delete all the tabs on my phone before I turn it off.

I have to pick out my clothes and make a checklist for the next day before I go to bed.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I hate when people purposely try to distract me from reading.
Debate Vampire

AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

oh my don't get me started.....well i am started so i round numbers like if the volume on the tv is 19 i change it to 20 most people like even numbers but i like rounding numbers to 5 also i like things being centered and i like staying on track and if a baby has its binky in upside down i turn it around and if its a strangers baby i go crazy well now you know i a weirdo but i take that as a complement :mad: :mad: :mad:

-- Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:17 pm --

oh and people that try to talk to me while i am reading or when i have my headphones in
Aha suh dude
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Grammar is a huge deal to me. I can't spell, but if someone writes I like i! :x I will go crazy! And like there was this African American kid I was talking to today and my friend was like, "She's in a play." (Cause we were running lines. And that looks very strange if you do that in public. Especially if you're a seven year old.) So the kid pointed to me and said, "You is?" And it drove me crazy. On the outside I simply said, "Yes. :o" but on the inside I was giving him a three hour lesson on sentence structure. And upside down binkies drive me crazy as well. It's a shame that there are so many cruel parents out there who would put a pacifier in their child's mouth like that!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Incorrect grammar drives me nuts! I had to peer review papers for an Introduction to Digital Media class this summer, and you would not believe the number of people who do not understand proper use of commas and semicolons.

To be honest, whenever I see a parent with a baby, I put my earbuds in, turn up my music, and walk away as far as possible. :anxious: I also never set foot in our church's nursery/toddler area unless I absolutely have to. I cannot stand the sound of a crying baby. Even when it's calm or happy, I tend to treat babies and small children as little ticking time bombs about to explode with dead-waking shrieks at any moment.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

See, I love kids, and they love me. :P They flock to me like I'm a magnet, same with animals. I'm really not sure why, but does that count as a quirk? :P
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Helios wrote: This is why they invented sound-cancelling headphones.
Wait, those things actually exist?! I NEED SOME REALLY BADLY!!!!!! :mad:

Btw, does anyone else have a tendency to laugh like a maniac whenever they watch Cutthroat Kitchen? Just asking. :anxious:
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

TigerShadow wrote: To be honest, whenever I see a parent with a baby, I put my earbuds in, turn up my music, and walk away as far as possible. :anxious: I also never set foot in our church's nursery/toddler area unless I absolutely have to. I cannot stand the sound of a crying baby. Even when it's calm or happy, I tend to treat babies and small children as little ticking time bombs about to explode with dead-waking shrieks at any moment.
Tiger Shadow, I am exactly the opposite!! I love kids, they kinda surround me, particularly when I help in our church’s nursery!
Jo March
Blitz
Moose Tracks

When I see a baby I must carry that baby. At least play with the baby.
Debate Vampire

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I pull at my clothes a lot... If I'm wearing a jacket or a long-sleeved shirt, I'll pull my sleeves over my hands. Especially if I'm cold or awkward. :P Also, if I don't know what to do with my hands, I'll just pull at the bottom of my shirt too, also, as well. =)
xo eht haiasi-
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I can deal with kids because I'm a very calm, patient person. I'm not shy and I can be very assertive. Kids do seem to like me I think because I have a knack for understanding people. (Even if that person is 5) But kids also stare at me a lot. I also have 4 siblings (3 of which are younger than me) so I'm experienced with kids in that way too.