The Boat People

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

The Boat People

Ok what did everyone think of this episode? It kind of feels like they're just setting up the plot for part 2, but I mostly wanted to talk about it because
I think Jerry might be in part 2
What do you think?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I am guessing basically the same too. And all this Whit's history. :mad: It feels like they are giving us a lot of his backstory so they can kill him off soon. :o =p
xo eht haiasi-
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

That's an interesting way of looking at it.... kind of depressing. I have no more to say.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Isaiah the Ox wrote:I am guessing basically the same too. And all this Whit's history. :mad: It feels like they are giving us a lot of his backstory so they can kill him off soon. :o =p
Um, I hope not. I hope they're giving it because they realize we like it. I mean, I want to hear more about Whit's backstory. We have only heard about Jerry a few times since the beginning of AIO and rarely had him appear. I'd like to know more about his backstory too (that's actually what I thought you were talking about at first).

I just listened to the 2nd part today. It was so sad when
Jerry died. But I remembered what Jason said in "Memories of Jerry"--he died saving others. Literally, not just fighting in the war but protecting someone.
It was interesting how it all connected. And what Whit did. O.o But it makes sense with what happened....

This episode was extra special to me because I'm writing an AIO fanfiction right now that has to do with Jerry. It's great to get some more background material. We still just get this glimpse of what happened to Jerry there, a small part of all that he experienced (which no one can tell anymore, just guess at.)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI