Alan Young Passed Away

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Alan Young Passed Away

Alan Young, the voice of Jack Allen passed away today.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... tcmp=hpbt4
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

That's terrible! =( I do hope he was a Christian. May he rest in peace.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Thanks for telling us, Belle. Goodness, how do you know these things so fast? You told us about Dave Madden too. Yes, he was Christian, Tiger.

Man. I kept telling myself, "I need to finish writing that fan-letter. He's not going to be around much longer." So this is really sad for me, I wish I'd finished it and told him what he meant to me. I owe him so much. He gave Scrooge McDuck a perfect voice, Scrooge being arguably the greatest comic book figure of all time. His comics have helped form my ideas about economy, humor, storytelling, society, a number of things about who I am. And I always read Uncle Scrooge comics in Young's Scrooge voice. He's also imparted happiness to me through Jack Allan, who I adore, of course. Alan Young and his characters mean so much to me because they're part of me. He is- was a talent, a bit of a TV and Disney legend, a charming man, just so wonderful. They're getting old, you know guys. We're not going to have them forever. The old time aio actors. They're going to keep leaving. There's only so much time, really. I'm glad we treasure them while they're around. Well I guess I need to tell my siblings... Geez, they'll be so sad. This is just hard.

Thank you, Alan Young. Just thank you.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

OH that so sad. He was really a great actor.
Proud K.R.E Member
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

:cry: So sad!!! :cry:
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

A lot of the legends of the acting industry that have been associated with AIO have passed on. We've lost Hal, Parley Baer, Kenneth Mars, Walker Edmiston, Dave Madden, Paul Herlinger, and now Alan young. Very few of the major legends are still with us.

From oldest to youngest:
Janet Waldo
Will Ryan
Andre Stokja
Earl Boen
Townsend Coleman
Kimmy Robertson
Katie Leigh
Jess Harnell
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I don't know what to say. Jack was one of my favorite characters. And I am greatly saddened to know that he will not be returning to Odyssey. I'm trying not to cry.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

I remember seeing him and his full Irish accent in the movie The Time Machine. RIP; you will be missed.

Etc., etc.: I, Ninjahunter
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Just heard several days ago. Very sad. :cry:
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!