Odyssey Day (revived)

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Odyssey Day (revived)

I was just reading the 'Odyssey Day' topic in the Basement, and I thought it was a great idea. Who else thinks we should have an Odyssey Day here on the Soda Shop?
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I do!
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

What would it involve?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Connie G. wrote:What would it involve?
I think it involves us fans emulating our favourite characters, speaking like them, and having our discussion be limited to the things the characters would talk about. For example, I might take on Penny Wise' personality for 24 hours, only because I believe I can pull it off.

Also, someone mentioned in the older topic, November 21st would be "Odyssey Day. " This is a very long wait :mad:, however it's up to anyone wanting to participate, if the idea Baron so brilliantly brought up again, becomes popular I think we could do it earlier.
I want to hear from you Baron von Odyssey about your ideas and intentions.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I am so for this I will help any possible way!
Proud K.R.E Member
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Mickey wrote:I am so for this I will help any possible way!
Right now we need a consensus of whether or not this is possible, or wanted. Frankly, I'm not sure how to organize this so we badly need more SS'rs and a few admins for help.
I'd very much appreciate having "Odyssey Day" in the Summer...that doesn't give us a lot of time though. O.o If Baron's idea, not mine, piqued your interest please spread the word.

Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Ask Belle she's great at helping! She tell if it is possible and help organize!
Proud K.R.E Member
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I'm in.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Didi
Cookies & Creme

I'm in too.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I'll be Jared for 24 hours, which will be easy to pull of.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

A committee was formed to try this, but it didn't work. Since it's been revived multiple times without success, I'm going to make an executive decision and say it won't be happening.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

That's fine.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

(Sigh) And here ya got me all excited.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse