Cowgirl's Art and Q+A

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Whats your opinion on the Helios-ing trend? :P Would you change your topic title if you never got questions again unless you did so? :twisted:

Why doesn't your sister Okie spend much time on the SS?

Do you keep a journal?

Do you like wearing scarves?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:Whats your opinion on the Helios-ing trend? :P Would you change your topic title if you never got questions again unless you did so? :twisted:

Why doesn't your sister Okie spend much time on the SS?

Do you keep a journal?

Do you like wearing scarves?
I don't know why people are doing that, but it's kinda funny. I probably would.

I dunno. Ask her.

Yes, I do. Brown, with the cover flaking off.

OOooooh yes! I have about eight or nine. :D
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You totally should. :P

Cool. :mrgreen: What colors of scarves do you have? And what kind do you prefer?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Done.

Red, yellow, orange, and pink striped; two green and blues striped; (those three are fleece) forest green knit and deep blue knit (I made those), one thick white infinity scarf, one red and one zebra-striped thin infinity, and a purple and gray infinity "arm-knit" one that my friend gave me yesterday for my birthday :)

I like all those actually, but my favorites are the fleece ones :)
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Yay! Go Steppy. :mrgreen:

Favorite composers? (answer it :x)

Are there any stories about classical composers/music you'd like to share?

What is a "sus" (like "Gsus"( chord? Do you know? 0_o

What on the SS makes you smile? (a debate? a PM? a mafia game?)

Do you search Musescore often?
xo eht haiasi-
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Hmmm.... Handel, Mozart, Beethoven, Mendelssohn.

I can't recall any really fascinating classical music anecdotes at this moment... But did you know that Pliny the Younger said he was so fascinated with reading Livy's History of Rome that he forgot to go outside and watch the eruption of Mount Vesuvius?

No, I don't...

A PM or another post here :D

No.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So what was your favorite moment of your birthday? :P

Why did half of your signature disappear? O.o

HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Hm... I don't know. My actual birthday was pretty boring. Best was on my birthday PARTY, which was Sunday, and I got books and $$ and it was the Super Bowl, and also my cousin got engaged!

EDIT: I don't know. Maybe the original URL was deleted or something.
Last edited by HomeschoolCowgirl on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Do you think music theory is important?

Why aren't you affected by Helios? Are you effected by Helios? O.o

Any plans on driving yet?
xo eht haiasi-
Dom
Cookies & Creme

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:
Dom wrote:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:The fact that people are too scared, and "it's too dangerous", to routinely and frequently show kindness to strangers. :evil:
What would you like to see people doing?
You know, like a girl stopping to help someone beside the road by herself or letting someone hitch-hike with you or... Stuff like that. (It may be fine with you but around here it's a big riskk)
Ehh, some of that stuff can be "dangerous" no matter your age or gender. But you can usually tell the difference between, say, some homeless druggie hitchhiking, versus someone whose car just broke down and they're hoofing it to a gas station to buy a gas can. In any case though, there are plenty of other ways to show kindness or do good deeds, that do NOT put you in danger. I dunno if you're driving but if you ever go through a drive-thru, it has the unique situation of the person behind you already having been rung up with a total...which means you can pay for their food/coffee without them knowing until they get up there to pay. There have been strings of this done for hundreds of cars in a row before, each person paying for the one behind. That involves money, though. You can scrape the snow and ice off someone's windshield early in the morning. There's plenty of things that are safe but make a difference. :yes:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:
Dom wrote:Do you believe in giving cash to homeless people?
I would rather give them a care pack ... a toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. and a card that tells them where the shelter is and that they can get a free meal and shower and bed for the night.
I approve this. :clap:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:
Dom wrote:What is the last "good deed" you did?
Define "good deed". You mean like working nursery (sunday morning) or fixing a meal for someone, or what?
The latter, or else things like I mentioned above. I don't think of volunteering as an official good deed, as it's usually a continual "job" and to me, good deeds are more spontaneous. :mrgreen:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:With a fork. And it is really good with canned chili and a hot dog mixed in with it too!
huh I'll have to try that sometime. :wacky:

Do you feel limited by being a female? Did you ever wish you were a guy? What frustrates you in life right now? What is the best part of your life, right now? Do you feel homeschooling has negatively affected you, socially? Positively affected you? How? Do you think it's smart for so many siblings to share a room? At what point should the genders be separated from the same room? What do you eat on your hamburgers? Do you think Santa Claus is a bad thing?

Dom
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Do you think music theory is important?

Why aren't you affected by Helios? Are you effected by Helios? O.o

Any plans on driving yet?
Yup.

Because... I don't know Helios, I don't know much about Helios, and the only reason I changed my thread name was because of MF, not really Helios's fault. And no, I would be Affected, not Effected.

ARgh, it's not up to me. It's whenever my mom/dad has enough spare time and someone to watch the little kiddos.
Dom wrote:there are plenty of other ways to show kindness or do good deeds, that do NOT put you in danger. If you ever go through a drive-thru, you can pay for their food/coffee without them knowing until they get up there to pay. There have been strings of this done for hundreds of cars in a row before, each person paying for the one behind. That involves money, though. You can scrape the snow and ice off someone's windshield early in the morning. There's plenty of things that are safe but make a difference. :yes:
That's a cool idea. I may have to try the drive through thing WHEN I ever get to drive. :evil:
Dom wrote:What is the last "good deed" you did? Things like I mentioned above. I don't think of volunteering as an official good deed, as it's usually a continual "job" and to me, good deeds are more spontaneous. :mrgreen:
Then I suppose it would be going over and cleaning my gma's house after it (partially) flooded. If that counts. :D
Dom wrote: Do you feel limited by being a female?
Did you ever wish you were a guy?
What frustrates you in life right now?
What is the best part of your life, right now?
Not really. I mean, if I thought about it I could come up with a few things that might be better about being a guy but seriously... They have a more limited selection when it comes to clothes.
My inabiltiy to DRIVE for one...
Probably Cubbies and/or the birthday stuff I'm dragggging out for awhile :D

Dom wrote:Do you feel homeschooling has negatively affected you, socially?
Positively affected you? How?
Do you think it's smart for so many siblings to share a room?
At what point should the genders be separated from the same room?
Not really... It is sorta annoying that the only time I see my friends is Wednesday and Sunday, but I guess that's Ok.
I'd have to think about it.
IDK if it's "smart"? But that's the way it is and there's no other place to put all of us :P
Dunno. when do YOU think?
Dom wrote:What do you eat on your hamburgers? Do you think Santa Claus is a bad thing?

Dom
Mustard, mayonaise, tomato, cheese, lettuce, lots and lots of dill pickles :D
It's not particularly bad I guess. I won't teach my kids that Santa is real, cause he isn't, and Christmas presents come from real people -- and those real people are the ones to whom they should be grateful, not a fake person. If that makes sense.

HSCG
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

WHERE ARE THESE PICTURES!?!?!?!?! :mad:

:mrgreen:
xo eht haiasi-
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Do you prefer carpet, vynle, (sp?) Or wood floors?

If you had to pick your wedding colors right now, what colors would you pick?

How many pillows are on your bed?

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

To answer Sing's questions first, since they take less time:
It depends. Probably carpet for a bedroom or living room/den, but vinyl or wood (dark hardwood) for a kitchen and dining room: food spills are more easily cleaned up off of hard floors than carpet!
Probably royal blue and white, emphasis on the white. (Yeah I know, so boring :P)
Two. One to sleep on and one for storage.

And now, for Ox's big question, the pictures I'm sure no one's dying to see that I took with my brand new Canon Rebel t5 that I got yesterday and that I've been saving up for about 3 years to get:
This is Sammie (Hey Dom, this is the dog)
And another of Sammie
That's her "Who, me??" face (actually a yawn).

These two are Jonquils (or daffodils, whatever you want to call them). They normally bloom around APRIL but as it is FEBRUARY and already 70° outside, they've come up early.
The Macro Lens is what lets it get so close-up and still detailed.
These things shouldn't be blooming in February either.
The sort-of sunset
More to come later :mrgreen:
Last edited by HomeschoolCowgirl on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

WOW. WOW. WOW. O.o

So what was the first picture you took?

Do you have different effects you do from the camera?

Rare sighting of Connie. o_0 :mrgreen:

HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Thank you!!!
The first ones I took were the ones of Sammie.
Yes; but strangely, you can only add the effects after the picture has been taken. You can make the pictures fisheye, black-and-white, "toy camera effect", etc. after the fact, and it will save them as a new file, keeping the original. So far as I know, that is. I've only played around with the Auto settings so far :D
Yup.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I don't recall giving you permission to use my picture :mad:
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

It's gone, calm down.

Here are some more :D
This is actually a scene from "Where the Heart Is" from the Father Gilbert Mysteries, when he's down in the basement of the bombed-out house and Lori Peters is waiting for him to bring the chalice up -- all my Odyssey fanart pictures are sideways and I don't have time to fix them right now.
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Congratulations on your new camera!!!!! How exciting =] Your pictures are lovely \:D/
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Helios
Butter Pecan

Your dog is sooooo cute! *fangirls*

And now you are affected by me. Or infected, it's all the same. :twisted: