Cowgirl's Art and Q+A

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Eh, not especially. I've yet to see a clean or cute or pretty cow (in real life, I mean. I'm sure such things exist somewhere).
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
snubs
Cookies & Creme

haha. =p

So you like horses I take it? If so, what would your dream horse look like?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Hmmm... At first, she would be small and fuzzy :) and either palomino or jet black. Then when she lost her baby fuzz she'd be either palomino or black, and would have a star on her forehead :D
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Do you enjoy running?

How many times have you ridden a horse?

Favorite season?

Do you like to decorate or scrapbook or photography?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Mmmh, not too much.

About five-ish.

Winter :)

Well I like (theoretically) all three, but my favorite would be photography. I'd do all three if I had time, but if I had to pick one, I'd take pictures.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Eh, not especially. I've yet to see a clean or cute or pretty cow (in real life, I mean. I'm sure such things exist somewhere).
*is entirely offended* You must not see cows that live outside. :noway: Or haven't ever visited a fair. O.o And I guess cute/pretty is just matter of opinion. I feel the same about horses. :twisted:

How was your Christmas?

What's the best thing you gave?

What does cleaning your room look like? Do all your siblings work together?
xo eht haiasi-
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Isaiah the Ox wrote: *is entirely offended* You must not see cows that live outside. :noway: Or haven't ever visited a fair. O.o And I guess cute/pretty is just matter of opinion. I feel the same about horses. :twisted:
I told you, in real life. I know that your cows look nice and yes, the only ones I have seen do live outside and they're ugly, and no, I haven't been to a fair in which there were cows. Show me a good-looking cow and I shall amend my statement. No offense was intended.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:How was your Christmas?

What's the best thing you gave?

What does cleaning your room look like? Do all your siblings work together?
It was WONDERFUL. On Christmas day we woke up early, had to wait until 8:00 to open presents, and I got LOTS and LOTS of BOOKS! Which was great! And a gift certificate to a bookstore! And I gave my dad a comic book which he LOVED, he laughed and laughed!
My uncle came about 9:00.
[Backstory: Every year, my uncle comes to our house dressed as a Wise Man, and gives all the kids "gold, frankincense, and myrrh" -- chocolate coins or pieces with gold wrappers (for the gold) and scented hand sanitizer or soap (for the frankincense and myrrh). It's gread fun.] After he gave out the stuff he took me to my gma's house and I helped her cook the great feast! After the feast we opened presents at about two-thirtyish. We got, in total, SIX new movies! Well, three of the movies were old actually (B+W) but we'd never seen them. And I got for some reason LOTS of Chips and Snacky Foods Like That... Take note: If you only mention ONE KIND of snack food on your Christmas list, then you will recieve multiple bags of that SAME kind of snack food. But, after we opened presents (about 7 kids got Nerf guns and had to have a war... my grandpa retreated to the upstairs room; it was kinda loud!), we watched Ice Age: Continental Drift, and some of my multitude of snacks were eaten during the movie :)
Then on Saturday morning we watched Do You Believe, and then again this morning since we skipped (accidentally) the first 1/4 of it. Then this afternoon we watched War Room at my gma's house with all the cousins, it was lots of fun!

It looks like one kid picking up stuff... and occasionally saying "HEY other kid! You left ___ in the floor! Come and get it!". Fascinating, I know.

Edit: Favorite thing I gave was the Dilbert cartoon book I gave to my dad. He LOVED it! It is the one thing that I have found that he likes and I can get for him that he will actually enjoy, that's not candy :D
Dom
Cookies & Creme

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Sammie, our puppy.
What breed? Pictuuuures? :wacky:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Lauraine Snelling has written two really good series about horses; I like those.
Hm, I read one of her books, I believe it was the first of the Golden Filly series, after some research. I remember she bought a wooden eagle carving for her father who had cancer, and was crushing on some guy and swirling the toe of her boot shyly in the dirt. :P I HAD TO READ THAT BOOK IN SECRET, because anything involving "romantic relationships" was totally bad and off-limits when I was fourteen. :roll:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:I've never had one, so...
Never had a TWINKIE? What else have you never had? O.o

Why haven't you seen a full Disney movie, just not into them? What are your favorite movies? Do you have a cowgirl outfit? Would you be a girly cowgirl, or no? What kind of music do you listen to? Would you eat a lemon the way people eat oranges? I DO. :wacky: What do you love most about winter? Do you wear any jewelry on a daily basis?

Dom
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Dom wrote: Hm, I read one of her books, I believe it was the first of the Golden Filly series, after some research. I remember she bought a wooden eagle carving for her father who had cancer, and was crushing on some guy and swirling the toe of her boot shyly in the dirt. :P I HAD TO READ THAT BOOK IN SECRET, because anything involving "romantic relationships" was totally bad and off-limits when I was fourteen

Yup, that's the one. I personally like that series better than the showjumping series; Trish seemed more relatable as she was closer to my age.
But it is SO SAD in the middle! There are like 3 books where she -- wait, do you want to read it yourself, or do you not care if I spoil?
Dom wrote:Never had a TWINKIE? What else have you never had? O.o

Why haven't you seen a full Disney movie, just not into them? What are your favorite movies? Do you have a cowgirl outfit? Would you be a girly cowgirl, or no? What kind of music do you listen to? Would you eat a lemon the way people eat oranges? I DO. :wacky: What do you love most about winter? Do you wear any jewelry on a daily basis?
Dom
Hm... A real phillycheesesteak, rare meat (FOR GOOD REASON), a date (the fruit or the boy kind), Circus peanuts (yeuck)... Can't think of any others at this moment.

Well when I was smaller, we weren't allowed, but since I pretty much know the plots of the classic ones and don't really care to watch the new ones, it's not really attractive to me.

I believe I've answered this on my thread before, but I shall reiterate the answer:
#1: Chariots of Fire
#2: Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
#3: Healed by Grace
#4: War Room

Sadly, NO. I don't have a cowgirl outfit. And no, I don't want to be a "girly" one. Which is rather counterintuitive if you think about it... a non-girly cowgirl... :X

Mostly classical (think Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Handel, Chopin... I could go on) and hymns.

No! Souuurrrrr!

Probably the winter clothes, as the long sleeve stuff that I have are my favorites.

Nope, usually only on Sunday to church; it'd get broken or irreversibly damaged on work days :P

To your other question, Sammie is part Lab, part Aussie, part Husky, and mostly wolf. She is jet black with white on her chest and she is utterly adorable.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:But it is SO SAD in the middle! There are like 3 books where she -- wait, do you want to read it yourself, or do you not care if I spoil?
Go ahead, I doubt I'll ever go back to read them.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:#1: Chariots of Fire
#2: Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Hum, I saw Chariots of Fire when I was a kid and thought it was soooo boring. *hides* I have seen the second one many times, though it's not a favorite. Jimmy Stewart is awesome though. :wacky:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Sadly, NO. I don't have a cowgirl outfit. And no, I don't want to be a "girly" one.
I wanted to grow up and be John Wayne when I was younger. :lol:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:classical (think Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Handel, Chopin...
Link to a few favorites? Do you have a favorite classical piece to play on piano yourself?
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:
Dom wrote:Do you wear any jewelry on a daily basis?
Nope, usually only on Sunday to church; it'd get broken or irreversibly damaged on work days :P
Yeahhh, I used to wear rings on every finger, but I had a job where so many got broken or squashed, it was awful. =( I haven't worn them regularly in years now, even though I'm not at that job anymore. SAD DAY. What is your work day like?
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:To your other question, Sammie is part Lab, part Aussie, part Husky, and mostly wolf. She is jet black with white on her chest and she is utterly adorable.
...Are you related to Connie? O.o

How many siblings do you have? Where do you fall in the group? (I ASSUME it's a group, since everyone here seems to have parents who think birth control is evil incarnate. :twisted: ) Who is responsible for taking care of Sammie? What store do you like to hang out in? What is the last CD you bought, or do you only use iTunes and stuff? Do you prefer male over female singers, or vice versa, or don't care? Are you allergic to anything? What is your favorite dessert from a restaurant?

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote: (I ASSUME it's a group, since everyone here seems to have parents who think birth control is evil incarnate. :twisted: )
Orrrrr they just count children as a blessing and life as a privilege to be shared.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Dom wrote: Go ahead, I doubt I'll ever go back to read them.
Well her dad dies, which is so sad (And he dies right before she WINS the Kentucky Derby!), and for about 4 books (out of 10), she is greiving for him so... I'm not a big fan of REALLY SAD things, but these were good if you see them through.
Dom wrote: Hum, I saw Chariots of Fire when I was a kid and thought it was soooo boring. *hides* I have seen the second one many times, though it's not a favorite. Jimmy Stewart is awesome though. :wacky:
Lol -- did you watch the whole thing? It can be slow. Have you seen It's a Wonderful Life?
Dom wrote: Link to a few favorites? Do you have a favorite classical piece to play on piano yourself?
Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o
The first is a single piece, the second is a playlist. What this guy does with music is amazing! It makes it a lot more relatable to those who aren't crazy about it (like my little brother. he stands by the computer spellbound whenever I play one)
Dom wrote:SAD DAY. What is your work day like?
...Are you related to Connie?
1. Get up.
2. Do school until breakfast.
3. Eat.
4. Do chores (clean bedroom or bathroom or do dishes)
5. Do more school until lunch
6. Eat
7. Do whatever until supper -- read, practice piano, draw, read, etc, etc.
8. Eat
9. Do whatever until bed time
10. Sleep.

SHE IS MY LITTLE SISTER.
Dom wrote:How many siblings do you have? Where do you fall in the group? Who is responsible for taking care of Sammie? What store do you like to hang out in? What is the last CD you bought, or do you only use iTunes and stuff? Do you prefer male over female singers, or vice versa, or don't care? Are you allergic to anything? What is your favorite dessert from a restaurant?

Dom
I have four. I am the oldest, then Okie, then Connie, then two younger brothers.
Susannah (aka Okie), since Sammie officially belongs to her.
Hm... Either Saids (a music store) or Bath and Body WOrks.
Hm... I don't usually buy CD's, but the last thing I downloaded to my mp3 player was some Radio Theatre.
It depends on the song/type of music. Some songs sound good with a big loud male voice and some with a softer female voice.
Not that I know of, thankfully!
Dessert pizza from CiCi's Pizza -- I think it's called Bavarian Cream. *melts*

HSCG
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Cha, I remember her dad having cancer, I don't remember how far I got though.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:did you watch the whole thing?
I did, but I was a kid. Maybe I would feel differently, now.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Have you seen It's a Wonderful Life?
I have, just last month, in fact. ;)
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What this guy does with music is amazing! It makes it a lot more relatable to those who aren't crazy about it
That was really cool! I'm a visual person so I loved it. \:D/
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:SHE IS MY LITTLE SISTER.
THAT EXPLAINS THE DOG THING. O.o
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Dessert pizza from CiCi's Pizza -- I think it's called Bavarian Cream. *melts*
That does sound delish. :wacky:

What is the last state you visited? If you could visit any state, which would it be? Do you like cities? Do you like the smell of horses...like after petting one, how your hands smell? :mrgreen: Do you have a pattern you like...leopard, plaid, chevron, camouflage...? How much do you like cheese? :mrgreen: Do you take vitamins? Can you swallow a pill without water? :twisted: Do you like Fruit Snacks? What upsets you most about the world?

Dom
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Dom wrote:What is the last state you visited? If you could visit any state, which would it be? Do you like cities? Do you like the smell of horses...like after petting one, how your hands smell? :mrgreen: Do you have a pattern you like...leopard, plaid, chevron, camouflage...? How much do you like cheese? :mrgreen: Do you take vitamins? Can you swallow a pill without water? :twisted: Do you like Fruit Snacks? What upsets you most about the world?

Dom
Missouri. Unless we drove thorugh Arkansas on the way home. Then, Arkansas.
Probably Kentucky.
Mildly. I wouldn't want to live in one particularly, and I don't think I'd like being in an enormous city like NYC, but yeah, they're okay.
I don't "like' it, but I'm not like EWW, YUCK, NOW MY HANDS SMELL LIKE HORSE!!!
Probably striped. Just plain horizontal stripes. In different colors.
Oh, I like cheese very much.
Occasionally, when it is cold/stomach bug season and we are fixing to or have recently been in public with lots of people. Not the multivitamins that I take! They would make one gag to take without water.
Fruit snacks... like those little gummy smiley faces? Those are good, ish
The fact that people are too scared, and "it's too dangerous", to routinely and frequently show kindness to strangers. :evil:
Dom
Cookies & Creme

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Probably Kentucky.
For the horse park?
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Fruit snacks... like those little gummy smiley faces?
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:The fact that people are too scared, and "it's too dangerous", to routinely and frequently show kindness to strangers. :evil:
What would you like to see people doing?

Do you believe in giving cash to homeless people? What is the last "good deed" you did? What does your room look like? Who would you like to spend a week with? Do you have any scrapbooks? Do you have cheap or expensive taste? If you could dye your hair any color, what would it be? Do you eat macaroni and cheese with a fork or a spoon?

Dom
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Dom wrote: For the horse park?
Yuppers.
Dom wrote:
Don't think I've ever had those before.
Dom wrote:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:The fact that people are too scared, and "it's too dangerous", to routinely and frequently show kindness to strangers. :evil:
What would you like to see people doing?
You know, like a girl stopping to help someone beside the road by herself or letting someone hitch-hike with you or... Stuff like that. (It may be fine with you but around here it's a big riskk)
Dom wrote:Do you believe in giving cash to homeless people? What is the last "good deed" you did? What does your room look like? Who would you like to spend a week with? Do you have any scrapbooks? Do you have cheap or expensive taste? If you could dye your hair any color, what would it be? Do you eat macaroni and cheese with a fork or a spoon?
Dom
I would rather give them a care pack -- there's a shelter supported by our church called John 3:16 that gives them out to people to give to the homeless, with a toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. and a card that tells them where the shelter is and that they can get a free meal and shower and bed for the night.

Define "good deed". You mean like working nursery (sunday morning) or fixing a meal for someone, or what?

It has two red walls and two white walls; a bunk bed with a trundle bed on the north wall. I am on the top bunk, Okie and Connie on the middle, and little bro on the trundle bed. There is also a baby bed for the other little bro, but he is rapidly growing out of it. A wide dresser w/mirror on top alongside the bunk bed, on the opposite wall are two windows. On the east wall is another window, on the west wall is a closet and a clothes cabinet. Also a lot of toy boxes and stuff under the bed and dressers, and a bookshelves on the east wall.

Can I pick more than one person? IF so then I'd pick my awesome friends, and the four of us would go do fun stuff :D

Yes, when my sisters and I were about 7-8 ish we were given one each and we filled up about 10 pages, and then got bored with them. My mom tried it but after documenting one year in that manner she said it was waaay to time-consuming and went back to photo albums :P

Well I suppose cheap as I haven't been to very many expensive places (there are seven of us and it can rack up).

Probably light golden-brown, as my hair is just plain boring brown right now.

With a fork. And it is really good with canned chili and a hot dog mixed in with it too!

~HSCG
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

1. What do you want for your birthday?

2. What did you get for your birthday? :wacky:

3. Do you have a long list of songbooks you want?

4. How many shelves of music does your piano teacher have?

5. What is one piano talent you want to keep developing? (sight reading, memorizing, playing by ear, finger strength, etc.)

6. What are some of your goals as a pianist? (Carnegie Hall? Music teacher? Worship leader?)

7. What part of music do you want to learn more about?

8. Is your piano bench high enough for you? Or do you need some books and stuff? (I need books for my keyboard xD)

9. Where do you store your music books?

10. & 11. & 12. How did you start learning about piano? Did you start playing the black keys first? How long did it take until you could play a song?

13. & 14. What's the hardest song you ever learned? What was hard about it?

15. Have you ever recorded yourself playing the piano?

16. What do you like about Grand/Mini-Grand pianos?

Can you guess how many questions there are? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: HAPPY BIRTHDAY. =)
xo eht haiasi-
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Isaiah the Ox wrote:1. What do you want for your birthday?

2. What did you get for your birthday? :wacky:

3. Do you have a long list of songbooks you want?

4. How many shelves of music does your piano teacher have?

5. What is one piano talent you want to keep developing? (sight reading, memorizing, playing by ear, finger strength, etc.)
1. For my friends to get to come and me spend time with them somehow
2. Nothing -- yet. My party is this Sunday.
3. No, not a long list.
4. Oh, oodles. Bookcases and bookcases.
5. Expansion.
Isaiah the Ox wrote: 6. What are some of your goals as a pianist? (Carnegie Hall? Music teacher? Worship leader?)

7. What part of music do you want to learn more about?

8. Is your piano bench high enough for you? Or do you need some books and stuff? (I need books for my keyboard xD)

9. Where do you store your music books?

10. & 11. & 12. How did you start learning about piano? Did you start playing the black keys first? How long did it take until you could play a song?
6. To do well in competitions and be able to sightread well enough to occasionally accompany someone w/a hymn out of the hymnal, and maybe teach beginners.
7. Music history -- composers, styles, etc.
8. Yes it's just about perfect, though I can adapt to different heights pretty easily.
9. In a milk crate to the left of the piano bench.
10. Mom gave us lessons up until about age ten.
11. Yes.
12. I don't honestly remember; the first "song" was like C#, D#, C# C# D#, etc.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:
13. & 14. What's the hardest song you ever learned? What was hard about it?

15. Have you ever recorded yourself playing the piano?

16. What do you like about Grand/Mini-Grand pianos?

Can you guess how many questions there are? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: HAPPY BIRTHDAY. =)
13. and 14. Probably my "Jerusalem" song. It requires a lot of fast triplets, octaves, big jumps, and LOTS of VOLUME, which is a little hard on the wrists.
15. Nope. I do not have a very high-quality mic on anything I own, so no luck :P
16. They sound infinitely better than an upright. The tone is richer and deeper IMO.
I don't have to guess. You so very helpfully numbered them 1 to 16. :D Thank you!
Helios
Butter Pecan

Favorite song to randomly burst into? :P
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Depends on what you mean by song.
With words: It depends on what's stuck in my head. Overall, the original German words to Ode to Joy.
Without words: Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor, Op. 64. The melody is very catchy. This is a really good version; the graphics help you understand it very well.