Favorite bands

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Favorite bands

I guess now I'm on a band search. I've up to this point mainly listened to Imagine Dragons and a few other lead hits from some bands. Since I'm searching for bands, I thought it would be a good idea to make a favorite band thread to what to the denizens of the SS like.

I personally prefer imagine dragons and Nine lashes. Also not my favorite though, is Starset.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Helios
Butter Pecan

I like a wide variety of stuff. Imagine Dragons, Three Doors Down, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Christina Perri, Hawk Nelson, DownHere, Rich Mullins and the Ragamuffin Band, Skillet...I'm not terribly into music, tho, so a lot of my favorite songs, I don't care about who did them.

Have you listened to Toto's Africa? *snickers*
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Nope, never heard of it. By the way, three doors down stunk.
Debate Vampire

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I liked Hawk Nelson and Rich Mullins too except well I'm pretty sure he died...
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
kait
Cookies & Creme

Hozier.
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Connie G. wrote:I liked Hawk Nelson and Rich Mullins too except well I'm pretty sure he died...
Yeah he did. I have seen the movie they made of his life Ragmuffin.

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Mandy wrote:
Connie G. wrote:I liked Hawk Nelson and Rich Mullins too except well I'm pretty sure he died...
Yeah he did. I have seen the movie they made of his life Ragmuffin.
Never heard of them. Oh if you ever want to annoy a tour guide ask, "Is he dead?"
Debate Vampire

Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Celtic Thunder is so awesome!
Proud K.R.E Member
Helios
Butter Pecan

Rich Mullins is deader than a doornail. He died in 1997...or 1998, can't remember. Tragic car accident. :cry: But he went to Heaven, so I'm happy for him.

I'm getting into Mumford and Sons. They've done some stuff I like a lot.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

ABBA, The Allman Brothers Band, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Bon Jovi, Boston, The Clash, Derek and the Dominos, The Dirty Mac, Eagles, Gorillaz, The Grateful Dead, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Santana, Twisted Sister, U2, The Who

are a few of my favourites
Helios
Butter Pecan

A few? O.o That redefines the definition of "a few".

Sleepy Man Banjo Boys...are they technically a band? :?
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

TWENTY ONE PILOTS TWENTY ONE PILOTS TWENTY ONE PILOTS <3 <3 <3 <3

Other than that...BAD SUNS BAD SUNS BAD SUNS <3 <3 <3 All time favs. also, the neighbourhood (not always clean, jsyk), Hunny (the band), KIEV <3, Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Foster the People, Glass Animals, Imagine Dragons, Jack Johnson, My Lorde and Savior (aka Lorde), Halsey <3 <3 <3 <3, Of Monsters and Men, Paramore, PVRIS <3 <3, Sir Sly, The Civil Wars, The Kooks, The Killers, Two Door Cinema Club, and I could go on for hours.

Would /highly/ recommend like, all of those. <3 But if you're only going to listen to three, choose Bad Suns, twenty one pilots, and....idk i can't choose a third. xD
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I don't really care for Twenty one pilots. Lorde has a couple good song (Everybody want to rule the world). Bastille... blech... Paramore, pretty good. Fall Out Boys, as long as I don't watch the music videos, a couple are okay.
Debate Vampire

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Wretched Sinner wrote:ABBA, The Allman Brothers Band, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Bon Jovi, Boston, The Clash, Derek and the Dominos, The Dirty Mac, Eagles, Gorillaz, The Grateful Dead, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Santana, Twisted Sister, U2, The Who

Your taste in music is startlingly similar to mine about 18 months ago, excepting the inclusion of ABBA, Bon Jovi, and Iron Maiden. As a matter of fact, the only vital names I see missing from the list are Bob Dylan and Radiohead.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:
Wretched Sinner wrote:ABBA, The Allman Brothers Band, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Bon Jovi, Boston, The Clash, Derek and the Dominos, The Dirty Mac, Eagles, Gorillaz, The Grateful Dead, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Santana, Twisted Sister, U2, The Who

Your taste in music is startlingly similar to mine about 18 months ago, excepting the inclusion of ABBA, Bon Jovi, and Iron Maiden. As a matter of fact, the only vital names I see missing from the list are Bob Dylan and Radiohead.

I love Bob Dylan. I have a few of Radiohead's albums but I'm not a huge fan.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

They (Radiohead) are certainly an acquired taste, and their biggest hit just so happens to be an abrasive, profane reflection on self-pity, but I find much of their later music to be uplifting in its sheer beauty, particularly the albums OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac, and In Rainbows.
sing
Raspberry Ripple

Helios wrote:I like a wide variety of stuff. Imagine Dragons, Three Doors Down, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Christina Perri, Hawk Nelson, DownHere, Rich Mullins and the Ragamuffin Band, Skillet...I'm not terribly into music, tho, so a lot of my favorite songs, I don't care about who did them.

Did you steal 75% of my Pandora stations? :lol:

Blitz- I love disciple and Veridia, both Christian bands. I also would suggest icon for hire, although it is not Christian, everything I've heard has been clean. :-)

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Blitz
Moose Tracks

sing wrote:
Helios wrote:I like a wide variety of stuff. Imagine Dragons, Three Doors Down, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Christina Perri, Hawk Nelson, DownHere, Rich Mullins and the Ragamuffin Band, Skillet...I'm not terribly into music, tho, so a lot of my favorite songs, I don't care about who did them.

Did you steal 75% of my Pandora stations? :lol:

Blitz- I love disciple and Veridia, both Christian bands. I also would suggest icon for hire, although it is not Christian, everything I've heard has been clean. :-)
Cool, I know Icon for hire. Well, I just found them, and they aren't that bad. I'll check the others one out.
Debate Vampire

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

ABBA, Arnold? Do you like Mamma Mia, then?

Sorry, I don't like that many bands so I can't really add anything other than that. ^ :P
xo eht haiasi-
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I'm indifferent to Mamma Mia. Wretched Sinner was the one who said he liked ABBA.