Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

I have never watched God's Not Dead, but a Christian killing off an atheist doesn't sound very Christian to me.

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

@Belle All I have come across are Christians who do not love it.

My point is killing an atheist or villain is the same in Gods eyes. There is no difference to Him. So to be consistent, if you shun one, you should shun the other.
Mandy wrote:I have never watched God's Not Dead, but a Christian killing off an atheist doesn't sound very Christian to me.
The atheist died at the end, Mandy, by a car wreck or something....
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I am so lost on your logic that I'm afraid I have nothing left to say.

*bows out*
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Miss Friendship wrote:
My point is killing an atheist or villain is the same in Gods eyes. There is no difference to Him. So to be consistent, if you shun one, you should shun the other.
Umm…

Usually, the villain is a blood thirsty scoundrel who deserves death. Therefore, it is not wrong to kill him/her. Or at least, it's the right thing to do. That's different that a normal atheist who happened to cross the road at the wrong time and get hit by a car.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I hold all movies to the same standard. Whether they're made by Christians or not.
Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What's that quote have to do with anything? And who said it?
Eleventh Doctor wrote:I hold all movies to the same standard. Whether they're made by Christians or not.
Ok, so you don't watch any movies with villains dying?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

It has to do with Clara's point that villains deserve to die. It was said by Gandalf.

I do, I was talking about other things when it comes to the same standards. The way in which the atheist was killed was done poorly, it was cast in celebratory lights by the Christians. Where as to give the example of Star Wars the death of the villain is cast in a redemptive light.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

*applauds 11th for Gandalf quote*
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I watched My Little Pony season 5. All of them. I really enjoyed it. :)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Just watched another episode of When Calls the Heart. :inlove:
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I just watched Puss In Boots. It was.... interesting....
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Saving Private Ryan

That was such a good movie.

I didn't cry during the movie, but I know later in the night when I'm thinking about a dude laying on the Normandy beach, dying, crying that he wants to go home and that he wants his momma... I might be crying later....
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Ouch, so sad. :(
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Season 5 episode 1 of Murdoch Mysteries. SO GOOD. It's my first episode, and I already ship Murdoch and the blonde doctor lady. xD
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Mandy wrote:I have never watched God's Not Dead, but a Christian killing off an atheist doesn't sound very Christian to me.
BTW, Mandy, he's not an atheist when he dies. He becomes a Christian right befor he dies (which, to me, seems rather cliche, but hey, I didn't make the movie)
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade. Haven't seen them in a while so I've been rewatching the series.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Helios
Butter Pecan

Prince Caspian.

Again.

Because.

(and also Black Butler...because)
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Fun fact: When Jack sang "I got a jar of dirt! I got a jar of dirt!", the faces of Orlando and Kira were their real reactions. They just didn't know what was going on, which made their performance just more convincing.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

The Brothers Rico.
Helios
Butter Pecan

VDT. Just to finish the circle.

Who all knows that the Silver Chair is due next year?