Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I beat Batman: Arkham Origins (PC).

Oh my goodness. SUCH a good game. The boss battles were awesome. Gotham City was so much fun to run around in.
The Joker was my favorite part. Even though Mark Hamill isn't voicing the Joker this time (like he did with Arkham City), I still enjoyed the character immensely. Troy Baker as the Joker is awesome! Plus the writing is hilarious!
Story wise, Arkham City is still my favorite so far. But Arkham Origins really helps you understand the relationship that Batman has with a lot of bad guys.
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Stella, how long have you had that set??
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Ehhhhmm :anxious: 2 years, maybe? The avatar... 2 1/2? I've grown rather fond of my set.. And I just haven't gotten around to changing it. \:D/
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

Congrats Nelson!
Helios
Butter Pecan

Rosy wrote:*hugs Anakin* If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

;)
I complimented him. It's a nice thing to say someone's gugly. :twisted:
Stella C. wrote: *cough* non-bad-looking?! :O
Well, I could have said he was plug-ugly, but that would be rude (and untrue). ;)
Nelson S. wrote: The Joker was my favorite part. Even though Mark Hamill isn't voicing the Joker this time (like he did with Arkham City), I still enjoyed the character immensely. Troy Baker as the Joker is awesome! Plus the writing is hilarious!
Have you read John DiMaggio's rendering of the Joker, from Under the Red Hood, the animated movie? He's more gravelly than Mark Hamill, and creepier.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I just looked it up. I hadn't heard his rendition. I really like John DiMaggio anyway, so I knew I would like him as the Joker before even hearing him.
And you're right, he does have a more gravelly voice. But I think that's just John. lol. I like his Joker, but it sounds a little too much like John's normal voice. :P
Mark Hamill does a better job I think. Haha.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Mark Hamill was the BEST, because he's the one from Batman: The Animated Series, which also had greats like Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester. :P And...he's Mark Hamill. He can't help but shine. ;)

What other things has John DiMaggio been in? (besides Ben Ten, of course...that's where I heard him first)
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Futurama (Bender) and Adventure Time (Jake the Dog).
There's also this superb documentary on voice actors called I Know That Voice that John narrates. It's funny and very informative. It's on Netflix. Just go watch it. It's beautiful.

EDIT: 7/27/15 4:20 PM

Had my first Twinkie today.

My reaction.
Paula
Peach Cobbler

xDDD That last face thoooooo...
Honestly...You and Beth don't really look alike =o

So while I was on my computer I noticed something crawling up my wall that was exactly the same color as the wall. I realized it was a spider and surprisingly I didn't freak out. It was kind of clear, but with a light beige tint to it and it had a brown spot on it's back. I got my brother so he could kill it, but he failed majorly and now it's crawling somewhere on my floor, which consequently is the same color as the spider. So yeah...My life.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yeah, I look most like my other sister (who is not on here). Bethany looks like Lexi (Liz'alike).

Speaking of spiders. This was on my wall. And that is my hand.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

You have pretty hands.

I went to singing lessons today and got a new song. It's called "You Don't Know This Man" from Parade.
The song I had before was "Stay With Me" from Into The Woods.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Nelson S. wrote:
Did you get a haircut? :O

Speaking of haircuts..I got one today. I look the same. :P
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Nelson S. wrote:Yeah, I look most like my other sister (who is not on here). Bethany looks like Lexi (Liz'alike).

Speaking of spiders. This was on my wall. And that is my hand.
Dude...Not helping me on the "stress levels" :mad: I mean the fact that there's a spider on the loose in my bedroom is bad enough *looks around the room*
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
Happy now?
Helios
Butter Pecan

Oh, Ben...you and Twinkies. Here, I have something for you. :D
In an effort to clarify questions about the purported durability and unusual physical characteristics of Twinkies, we subjected the Hostess snack food to the following experiments:

Exposure

A Twinkie was left on a window ledge for four days, during which time an inch and a half of rain fell. Many flies were observed crawling across the Twinkie's surface, but contrary to hypothesis, birds -- even pigeons -- avoided this potential source of sustenance.

Despite the rain and prolonged exposure to the sun, the Twinkie retained its original color and form. When removed, the Twinkie was found to be substantially dehydrated. Cracked open, it was observed to have taken on the consistency of industrial foam insulation; the filling, however, retained its advertised "creaminess."

Radiation

A Twinkie was placed in a conventional microwave oven, which was set for precisely 4 minutes -- the approximate cooking time of bacon. After 20 seconds, the oven began to emit the Twinkie's rich, characteristic aroma of artificial butter. After 1 minute, this aroma began to resemble the acrid smell of burning rubber. The experiment was aborted after 2 minutes, 10 seconds, when thick, foul smoke began billowing from the top of the oven. A second Twinkie was subjected to the same experiment. This Twinkie leaked molten white filling. When cooled, this now epoxylike filling bonded the Twinkie to its plate, defying gravity; it was removed only upon application of a butter knife.

Extreme Force

A Twinkie was dropped from a ninth-floor window, a fall of approximately 120 feet. It landed right side up, then bounced onto its back. The expected "splatter" effect was not observed. Indeed, the only discernible damage to the Twinkie was a narrow fissure on its underside. Otherwise, the Twinkie remained structurally intact.

Extreme Cold

A Twinkie was placed in a conventional freezer for 24 hours. Upon removal, the Twinkie was not found to be frozen solid, but its physical properties had noticeably "slowed": the filling was found to be the approximate consistency of acrylic paint, while exhibiting the mercurylike property of not adhering to practically any surface. It was noticed that the Twinkie had generously absorbed freezer odors.

Extreme Heat

A Twinkie was exposed to a gas flame for 2 minutes. While the Twinkie smoked and blackened and the filling in one of its "cream holes" boiled, the Twinkie did not catch fire. It did, however, produce the same "burning rubber" aroma noticed during the radiation experiment.

Immersion

A Twinkie was dropped into a large beaker filled with tap water. The Twinkie floated momentarily, began to list and sink, and viscous yellow tendrils ran off its lower half, possibly consisting of a water-soluble artificial coloring. After 2 hours, the Twinkie had bloated substantially. Its coloring was now a very pale tan -- in contrast to the yellow water that surrounded it. The Twinkie bobbed when touched, and had a gelatinous texture. After 72 hours, the Twinkie was found to have bloated to roughly 200 percent of its original size, the water had turned opaque, and a small, fan-shaped spray of filling had leaked from one of the "cream holes." Unfortunately, efforts to remove the Twinkie for further analysis were abandoned when, under light pressure, the Twinkie disintegrated into an amorphous cloud of debris. A distinctly sour odor was noted.

Summary of Results

The Twinkie's survival of a 120-foot drop, along with some of the unusual phenomena associated with the "creamy filling" and artificial coloring, should give pause to those observers who would unequivocally categorize the Twinkie as "food." Further clinical inquiry is required before any definite conclusions can be drawn.
In other news, you have a very pudgy-looking hand, Ben. I would suggest laying off the Twinkies for awhile. :twisted:

And in still other news, I smashed my right ring finger in a door on Saturday. It's turned the nail a pretty purple color...under the nail. And I type funny, too. :( Who knew Ls, Os, and commas were so important?
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Helirosa....That was a very interesting read...Ummm...I can't believe that I read through the whole thing, but whateves. I've never had a Twinkie before, but I probably never will xDDD

*pats Helios* It'll get better sooner than you think! Trust me it happened to me too >_>
Happy now?
Helios
Butter Pecan

I'm now a dragon! *cheers* Can I breathe fire, mistress? :)

I like Twinkies okay...the ones with icing are kind of overkill IMO. Have you ever seen WALL-E? There's this one part where the robot takes out an ancient Twinky to feed a cockroach. Kind of put me off them for a while... :(

You smashed your finger too??? O.o *must hear this story* What bad luck you have! How'd it happen? :D
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Nelson S. wrote: Speaking of spiders. This was on my wall. And that is my hand.
Aw, c'mon, it's just a daddy long legs. They're not harmful.

PS, I've never had a twinky... Should I be glad about that?

PPS: I think the soaking experiment would have had the same effect on a piece of white bread or a store-bought jelly odughnut.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

My grandpa always brings twinkies whenever he visits. Nasty little things... But my brothers eat them up.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Helios wrote:I'm now a dragon! *cheers* Can I breathe fire, mistress? :)

I like Twinkies okay...the ones with icing are kind of overkill IMO. Have you ever seen WALL-E? There's this one part where the robot takes out an ancient Twinky to feed a cockroach. Kind of put me off them for a while... :(

You smashed your finger too??? O.o *must hear this story* What bad luck you have! How'd it happen? :D
Yes you are ^_^ Yes you can...However if you harm anyone with your fire I might have to put you on a leash =P

If that was @ me then yes I remember that part...And it was disgusting xDDD
Well...It happened like this: I was in the way back of our van and I was the last one to get out of the door. My brother thought that everyone had gone out, and when I came to clime out he accidentally slammed the door on my finger. I've tried to blank out the memory =P
Happy now?
Helios
Butter Pecan

A leash will still allow me to breathe fire. :twisted:

It was kinda disgusting..but they make the roach look sooooo cute! Like a puppy or something. :)
Oh my! O.o I've done that before too! Slammed someone's fingers in the van door. And of course, I got it done to mine. How many fingers did he get? The whole handful?