The Last Sentence in Adventures in Odyssey

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

shnoodlec wrote:THEY BETTER NOT KILL WHIT.
CUZ IF THEY DO, I KILL THEM.
I agree with this!
I don't think they would kill Whit at the end of the show though, I can see every Odyssey Fan crying for weeks!
I also don't think that the show would survive very long without him.
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Once again, as has been stated before, the show survived for three to four years without Whit. If you plan your story correctly, whether you have fill characters like Jack and Jason or not, you can still keep the show going for a decent amount of time. Not that I want Whit to leave. This is just what could happen, in response to the statement of "the show could not go on without him."
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

If Whit died, there would be so much fan mail booing AIO that AIO would probably end.
Last edited by Novatom on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Odyssey being a fictional town, whose existence is based solely on the whims of the writers. If Whit died on the show, for all intents and purposes, he died.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I actually don't think Whit dying would be so terrible at all, not that I want it to happen, but it would make for an interesting twist, It begs the question, though: Who would replace Whit as the main character of the series? Hmm... that's a good idea for a topic. I'll go make it right now. :D
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Whit will die when the series ends. There's no way they could just keep going after the main character dies. They did once, but they didn't have the actual character die, he just left, and fans were sending letters of complaints as it was.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

What if he dies in the future? Like literally. He doesn't die, but maybe Connie goes into a invention Whit made and he dies in the future? You following me?
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I think I'm following you. Like he doesn't die on the show, but Connie sees his death the way it will happen in the future? That would be interesting. Whit wouldn't actually have to die (in the present time), but we could still see when it happens, how it will happen, and everything else we want to know, just without the pain of knowing he dies.
Last edited by Novatom on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Novatom wrote:I think I'm following you. Like he doesn't die on the show, but Connie sees his death the way it will happen in the future? That would be interesting. Whit wouldn't actually have to die (in the present time), but we could still see when it happens, how it will happen, and everything else, just without the pain of knowing he dies.
Yeah! That exactly what I was thinking!
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

I think the last sentence should be connie saying "Yes, I'll marry you!!!!" to whoever, the lucky guy happens to be :)

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

MandyStraussberg wrote:I think the last sentence should be connie saying "Yes, I'll marry you!!!!" to whoever, the lucky guy happens to be :)
Are you joking? They couldn't end AIO without the wedding! :P

(this is my 400th post)
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Novatom wrote:
MandyStraussberg wrote:I think the last sentence should be connie saying "Yes, I'll marry you!!!!" to whoever, the lucky guy happens to be :)

(this is my 400th post)
well maybe the last sentence could be Connie saying "I do."
I was just saying, since AIO won't marry Connie off since it would change her character too much they could just have it happen right at the end. \:D/

I should beware of her.

Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

MandyStraussberg wrote:
Novatom wrote:

(this is my 400th post)
well maybe the last sentence could be Connie saying "I do."
I was just saying, since AIO won't marry Connie off since it would change her character too much they could just have it happen right at the end. \:D/
Oh yeah.... But maybe they shouldn't do that with Connie. Who would she marry? Maybe it could end with Penny and Wooton's wedding instead.
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

she would marry either Jason or Mitch :)

I should beware of her.

Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Mitch is already married. Maybe they could have some epic spy 2-parter episode with Mitch and Maureen and at the end Maureen would die and Mitch would marry Connie. But I don't think Connie will marry any character that is already existent, instead she'd marry some character she'll meet in the future. This is getting kind of off-topic though.
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Novatom wrote:Mitch is already married. Maybe they could have some epic spy 2-parter episode with Mitch and Maureen and at the end Maureen would die and Mitch would marry Connie. But I don't think Connie will marry any character that is already existent, instead she'd marry some character she'll meet in the future. This is getting kind of off-topic though.
He's engaged but maybe he will break up! :)

I should beware of her.

Emma
Peach Cobbler

END! HOW CAN AIO END! IS THERE ANY WAY?!! NO! There is no way it can end! The story goes on! The show must go on!
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Sameriazx wrote:END! HOW CAN AIO END! IS THERE ANY WAY?!! NO! There is no way it can end! The story goes on! The show must go on!
Nah, AIO is finished already. AIO is just desperately trying to hang on to listeners even though the only characters that have made it all the way from the beginning to now are Eugene, Connie, and maybe Wooton. But Eugene is now married, Wooton has changed a lot himself (less funny) and he's about to be married, and Connie....I guess she's still okay. I do not count Whit because he is now played by a different person. His voice changed, and his personality has changed with it.

The only reason I listen to the new episodes is just out of curiosity. You know, I'm curious about Buck's fate and Penny and Wooton's wedding. I strongly suspect the only reason Wooton proposed to Penny and Buck returned is because the writers were trying to keep people listening simply out of curiosity. But AIO is finished and should end after Andre Stojka dies.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Ehhhhh....no.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Ehhhhh....no.

? Are you talking to me?