Love... Wooton, and Penny: Will They Ever Admit It?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.

Penny and Wooton: for or against?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:13 pm

I think Penny should tell Wooton she loves him
24%
I think Wooton should tell Penny he loves her
41%
I think their love should end
35%

Total votes: 17

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Love... Wooton, and Penny: Will They Ever Admit It?

They love each other. We all know it. The debate is wide open: will one of them ever gather the courage to confess their love to the other? Or will they be another Mitch and Connie? Will this be a long blown romance, spanning album after album, like Eugene and Katrina's? Or will they be the first to marry quickly in Odyssey's history? If they confess love, who will confess to who? Are they even a good match? What would a dating relationship or marriage do to their character? And, most important: if they marry, will Penny lose her Barbie figure to Wooton's all-calorie meals? Let's start talking!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

FOR! They will eventually admit it!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Bart Rathbone
Strawberry

No way should they get married! He would have to be more responsible and that would ruin him.
Bart Rathbone

Haldir is the best
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Wooton is already responsible, he has a mail route he completes almost every day! If he married Penny, they would both still have the light-hearted, random nature that fans love them for; I think that it would help both of them.

P.S. Good post, Pound Foolish!
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I couldn't agree with you more, TS! Wooton is a fantastic, nutty goofball, but that should not be mistaken for immaturity or lack of ability to focus and take things seriously. He is amazing with children, a good comforter, and ALWAYS willing to help you with your deepest hurts and problems, and hear you talk about them. He's that kind of person. This would just mean that side would show up more often. And, hey, that might not be so bad: he's mostly been just a punch line lately. A HILARIOUS one, but still. And, thank you! I'm glad you like my post.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

Wouldn't it be funny if they both tried and tell eachother at the same time. :lol:and :oops:
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

C-guy wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if they both tried and tell eachother at the same time. :lol:and :oops:
That would be typical Odyssey. Frankly, I don't think Wooton and Penny should get married. I'm too lazy to give my reasons.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

CreativeThinker101 wrote:
C-guy wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if they both tried and tell eachother at the same time. :lol:and :oops:
That would be typical Odyssey. Frankly, I don't think Wooton and Penny should get married. I'm too lazy to give my reasons.
"You admitted it! EVERYONE! CREATIVETHINKER101 IS LAZY‼
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

C-guy wrote:
"You admitted it! EVERYONE! CREATIVETHINKER101 IS LAZY‼
Aww! Don't be mean to poor Mr. Thinker! :D I don't think Wooton and Penny should get married either...and I don't even really have any reasons. I just don't want them too.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Suzy, you are an enemy to romance, love, and beauty. Seriously though, if you just have a feelings against them getting married, I (long groan of effort) shall excuse it. But SOMETHING has to happen. Either they need to tell each other they love each other. Or their love will go away. Or they'll love each other for life and never say a word and either marry the wrong person or die single. Which do you think should happen?
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Pound Foolish wrote:Suzy, you are an enemy to romance, love, and beauty. Seriously though, if you just have a feelings against them getting married, I (long groan of effort) shall excuse it. But SOMETHING has to happen. Either they need to tell each other they love each other. Or their love will go away. Or they'll love each other for life and never say a word and either marry the wrong person or die single. Which do you think should happen?
Whatcha talkin' about, boy?? I am not an enemy to romance, love and beauty! In fact, I always skip 3/4's beginning of a book just to get to the sappy stuff at the end. (Okay, well, I only do that sometimes) But anyways, personally I think this all should just turn out to be a mild crush and that Penny and Wooton will figure out they are not right for each other and go their separate ways...but since that would make things awkward between the two if Penny stays in Odyssey then I guess the only alternative is that they declare their love, get married and I'll just have to deal with it whether I like it or not! So there! Are you happy now?
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

No.
But you've made your point.:D We shall agree to disagree, as two highly civilized human beings. ;) Oh, a huge part of the reason I read is for the feeling I get at the end too. A book without an emotion causing ending is junk.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Pound Foolish wrote:No.
But you've made your point.:D We shall agree to disagree, as two highly civilized human beings. ;) Oh, a huge part of the reason I read is for the feeling I get at the end too. A book without an emotion causing ending is junk.
Well, I apologize that you are not happy with what I had to say, but I am glad you agree to disagree. :) I'm sure whatever does happen between Penny & Wooton will be whats best, as long as it doesn't turn into a whole ridiculous "Mitch, Connie and Maureen" kind of story.
And about books- AMEN! Do you have any recommendations for some good ol' sappy, emotion-causing-ending books? I'm dying for some new good reads...in fact, I think I'm going to go make that a topic.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

C-guy wrote:
C-guy wrote: "You admitted it! EVERYONE! CREATIVETHINKER101 IS LAZY‼
Aww! Don't be mean to poor Mr. Thinker! :D I don't think Wooton and Penny should get married either...and I don't even really have any reasons. I just don't want them too.
Yeah, exactly! Don't be mean to poor Mr. Thinker! Er, me. I'm finally ready to give my reasons. Here they are:

1. They're crazy for each other.
Many people think this would be a reason for them to get married. But it's annoying when Wooton and Penny are laughing, shouting, talking about licorice, and being generally annoying every time they're with each other.

2. Wooton wouldn't be able to be Wooton.
The writers said that they didn't want to have Eugene become a father because it would change his character too much. In the same way, Wooton can't become a husband because it would change his character too much. It just wouldn't be the same when Wooton went on his mail route and talked to Mrs. Randolph and then came home to Penny for dinner. I wouldn't like the husband Wooton, and I'm sure fans wouldn't either.

3. They're too similar.
Has any one noticed that, with the exception of Connie and Mitch and Jack and Joanne, every Odyssey couple have been very similar? Jason and Tasha, Eugene and Katrina, Wooton and Penny. Penny is just a girl-Wooton. Sure, she has a sort of different personality, but it's unrealistic for Odyssey to constantly make a guy character and then create a girl just like them, and have them get married.

So those are my reasons. If you hate them and still have not changed your views, send me a private message about it. I have to get back to blogging, now.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I hate you for your reasons and still have not changed my views. ;) Yes, Odyssey matches have developed a pattern of being similar people. Though Tasha has butted heads with Jason on more than one major disagreement. But why are people constantly using the word "annoying" to describe AIO? What kind of fans are we when "annoying" is one of the most common words referencing the series on here??? (Horrible pun with "fan" unintended.)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:I hate you for your reasons and still have not changed my views. ;) Yes, Odyssey matches have developed a pattern of being similar people. Though Tasha has butted heads with Jason on more than one major disagreement. But why are people constantly using the word "annoying" to describe AIO? What kind of fans are we when "annoying" is one of the most common words referencing the series on here??? (Horrible pun with "fan" unintended.)
Annoying is one of my favorite words for criticism, so I use it a lot, even when I talk about Odyssey. It's not that I think Odyssey is incredibly annoying, it's just that I can't think of a better word.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Understood. Question: what happened to the Deep, Long Comments topic? I can't find it anywhere.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:Understood. Question: what happened to the Deep, Long Comments topic? I can't find it anywhere.
I believe it's in page 2 of General Discussion.
sheltiez
Caramel Crunch

I don't think they should because there has been too much romantic love lately. This is a kid's show. Radio drama, not romantic drama.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Kids like love. If you disagree, you were a quite unusual kid. Well, not really. A lot of kids don't but they're not as many as you'd think. The boys who pretend they are disgusted by love rarely are. Especially today, when kids are sat by their parents in front of TV teen loves stories at age five. The extreme I just mentioned can be a bad thing, but AIO love is the ULTRA healthy type where there's literally zilch that could be considered bad even by a snob. So, I'll have to disagree. Thank you for commenting though, Sheltiez!