New AIO Animated Series??

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry
Location: The Warner Bros. Water Tower with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

New AIO Animated Series??

Ok, so I and my mom just took a survey from Focus about the future of its entertainment. Well, half of it was regarding the POSSIBILITY of an AIO tv show!!! At this point, anything could happen, but I still think this is a piece of evidence that could lead to a new show featuring all the characters the old one didn't!! And when all is said and done... I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!! \:D/ :clap: :lol: \:D/ :clap: :lol: :mad: What do you guys think?
Wooton: Penny?
Penny: Yes?
Wooton: Will you marry me?
Penny: *gasp* WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?! O.o
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I love Rueben :)
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Oh wow! That would be so amazing! Do you possibly have a link to the survey you mentioned?
Be the reason someone smiles today.
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry

Unfortunately, my Mom showed me the survey from her phone, and I think she got it because she was subscribed to the Focus Newsletter of something. But if she does give me the link I will definitely be sure to post it here!😁
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
cheesesoup123
Chocolate Chip

A new aio tv series would be really cool. If they do it, they should put current characters instead of non-canonical ones (Dylan, Jessie)
Read my fan fiction
\:D/ \:D/ :yes: :yes: \:D/ \:D/ :wacky:
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

cheesesoup123 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:32 pm
A new aio tv series would be really cool. If they do it, they should put current characters instead of non-canonical ones (Dylan, Jessie)
Before they used Connie, the episodes seemed they could have been written for any Christian based tv show, rather than an Odyssey episode, I do think an animated series could do very well, but the episodes should be written in the style of the main series, with the animation added in. episodes could consist of two 11 minute stories, or a single 22 minute one (there'd be no need for so much 'descriptive dialogue'). I also hope that they'd use a slightly different animation style to the video series.

I'd also include characters like Wooton, Penny, Katrina and Jason, as they are well known characters that could easily work well in different places (art gallery, school, Triple J's) Maybe give Harlow a couple of appearances and have characters like Tom, Bernard, Jack and Joanne could appear via Easter eggs in pictures and photos.
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry

djchatswithu wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:49 am
cheesesoup123 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:32 pm
Before they used Connie, the episodes seemed they could have been written for any Christian based tv show, rather than an Odyssey episode, I do think an animated series could do very well, but the episodes should be written in the style of the main series, with the animation added in. episodes could consist of two 11 minute stories, or a single 22 minute one (there'd be no need for so much 'descriptive dialogue'). I also hope that they'd use a slightly different animation style to the video series.

I'd also include characters like Wooton, Penny, Katrina and Jason, as they are well known characters that could easily work well in different places (art gallery, school, Triple J's) Maybe give Harlow a couple of appearances and have characters like Tom, Bernard, Jack and Joanne could appear via Easter eggs in pictures and photos.
I completely agree, I think they sorta made it so that people who had no clue what Odyssey was could still watch it like a regular Christian show. In the survey I took, they did hint at putting the series on subscription paid channels like Nexflix, Disney+, or Hulu, but I'm a little worried about that. When Netflix made the reboot of Veggietales, they completely softened the lessons, change the way the characters looked completly, and it event became kinda pathetic to me. It really just seemed like a regular show that had good lessons, just not really Christian-based. But that's Veggietales, not AIO. So I hope they'll do things the same as the show. I also want them to add mainly the canon characters, and if they throw in anyone new, then I would want at least 10 canon characters, and Connie, Eugene, Whit, Wooton, and Jason have to be in that group. And I hope Gary Locke does most of the artwork for the show. And please no live-action, then most of the original cast wouldn't get to be it. AND I NEED JESS HARELL AS WOOTON, NO ONE CAN REPLACE HIM!!!

But in general, I can't wait for the new series!!😁
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the thought of animated AIO. But if they're going to do it, I hope that this will be VERY different than the old AIO videos. I agree that it should include current characters and not some new random ones. Then again, they would have to somehow keep the audio series storylines from conflicting with the animated series storylines, so it may make sense for them to use new characters.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:16 pm
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the thought of animated AIO. But if they're going to do it, I hope that this will be VERY different than the old AIO videos. I agree that it should include current characters and not some new random ones. Then again, they would have to somehow keep the audio series storylines from conflicting with the animated series storylines, so it may make sense for them to use new characters.
Completely agree with you there, but they've done alright so far keeping the Club episodes separate from the main series, and it would be cool if they referenced an episode every now and then. I also think they should animate an episode or a few scenes from classic episodes like 'flash flood" or "better late than never" as a test before working on a full series. and they should definitely keep the original actors!
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

This sounds interesting. I as well am not sure if I'd be for an Odyssey animated series. I'd have to see what exactly they do with it. I for one would be interested if they used entirely new characters. That would give them a chance to practice (animation, episode structure, etc.) before bringing in main Odyssey characters. I think they should first try making original episodes with entirely original content as a test before attempting to 'remake' things from the classic audio drama episodes.

There was someone who wrote on the "Adventures in Odyssey - THE MOVIE" topic that if they made a film, then the main problem would be that the Odyssey fans would be the absolute worst critics. I agree with this. Whether they make a movie, or in this case, an animated series, I would be a bit picky about what they'd do with it.

I don't see how or why an animated series would need connect to the audio drama. It could be a standalone thing. In my opinion, there is no need to connect the two.
But hey, if they really wanted to connect it to the audio series, maybe they can make another "Dobson Comes to Town" episode! \:D/

Either way, I have a feeling that this project is a long way down the road and I don't think we're going to see or hear about it for a while.
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Polehaus53 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:15 pm
This sounds interesting. I as well am not sure if I'd be for an Odyssey animated series. I'd have to see what exactly they do with it. I for one would be interested if they used entirely new characters. That would give them a chance to practice (animation, episode structure, etc.) before bringing in main Odyssey characters. I think they should first try making original episodes with entirely original content as a test before attempting to 'remake' things from the classic audio drama episodes.

There was someone who wrote on the "Adventures in Odyssey - THE MOVIE" topic that if they made a film, then the main problem would be that the Odyssey fans would be the absolute worst critics. I agree with this. Whether they make a movie, or in this case, an animated series, I would be a bit picky about what they'd do with it.
True, but isn't that the same for nearly anything with some sort of fan base or following.
I don't see how or why an animated series would need connect to the audio drama. It could be a standalone thing. In my opinion, there is no need to connect the two.
But hey, if they really wanted to connect it to the audio series, maybe they can make another "Dobson Comes to Town" episode! \:D/

Either way, I have a feeling that this project is a long way down the road and I don't think we're going to see or hear about it for a while.
I see it more like how the audio Doctor Who episodes respects the canon of the TV Series, with major events (in AIO's case events such as character conversions, main character introductions, etc) being pretty much the same for some consistency between the two, while everything else can be altered or ignored.
Last edited by Polehaus53 on Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the quotation
Applesauce
Vanilla

Welp, looks like this was legit, and apparently, Phil Lollar confirmed somewhere that it exists but I can't find the source for that claim. But according to what was stated by him, the series is in early development and will contain new stories and not animated adaptations of the audio series.
https://aiowritersblock.wordpress.com/2 ... ed-series/
https://aiowritersblock.wordpress.com/2 ... nce-pages/

There was a job listing available for "Adventures in Odyssey Animation" that surfaced too that's no longer available on Focus' job site, but a record of its listing still exists:
https://lensa.com/production-manager-ai ... e915506a96
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Applesauce wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:32 pm
Welp, looks like this was legit, and apparently, Phil Lollar confirmed somewhere that it exists but I can't find the source for that claim. But according to what was stated by him, the series is in early development and will contain new stories and not animated adaptations of the audio series.
https://aiowritersblock.wordpress.com/2 ... ed-series/
https://aiowritersblock.wordpress.com/2 ... nce-pages/

There was a job listing available for "Adventures in Odyssey Animation" that surfaced too that's no longer available on Focus' job site, but a record of its listing still exists:
https://lensa.com/production-manager-ai ... e915506a96
I'm actually excited for this. I was a little worried at first but I like the design for Lucy, though I'm not sure what age Whit is meant to be with that look, is he meant to be 40 or 60+? As they are using Lucy I'm guessing the episodes might possibly be canon to the audio series, similar to how the IS books and original novels are but the events are just never mentioned.