Album 71

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

I also found out according to the Official adventures in Odyssey Q and A podcast the episode titled Worth It is about Jesus healing a blind man, so I it most likely isn't about Emily, though it could be about her as well.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

The first episode of Album 71, "The Team", releases on the Adventures in Odyssey Club tomorrow! :mad:

Peachey Keen wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:58 pm
I think there are 3 possibilities of who got hurt in the artwork.

1. Emily
Maybe she gets badly hurt (Did Morrie or Suzu push her? Only partly kidding.) and this is the straw that breaks the camel's back, to borrow the colloquialism.
2. Matthew
Maybe Matthew gets badly hurt (or dies) and the loss of Emily's close friend drives her away from God.
3. Barrett
Hear me out on this one. I know we haven't heard from him since Album 57 and the actor for him hasn't been around. However, he could get injured (or die) "offscreen". There would not have to be any lines from Barrett, especially if he is in bad condition. This may be the hardest of the three possibilities for Emily to go through and may be the biggest challenge to her faith.
All of those are definitely possibilities. I agree that the injury would be the last straw for Emily and it probably would result in her losing her faith.

I'm really hoping that Matthew makes an appearance in this album. I agree that if it is him who gets hurt, it would be a way for Emily to lose her faith.

It would be interesting if it was Barrett. Might also be a way to give the character a send-off.

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:50 am
The group doing the history project was Emily, Zoe, and Olivia.
Zoe and Olivia are looking on in the 71 cover art.
Emily is missing...
(though I don't know why the three of them would be skiing)
Obviously for their history presentation! Their presentation is clearly about the history of skis, and they are going on this trip to study more! \:D/

Yeah, I have no idea either. I suppose they’re just skiing for fun.

Bananareader wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:04 pm
I also found out according to the Official adventures in Odyssey Q and A podcast the episode titled Worth It is about Jesus healing a blind man, so I it most likely isn't about Emily, though it could be about her as well.
Yeah, it might be about Emily. My question is how the story will be told in the episode. Will it be through the Imagination Station? Kids’ Radio? Or just Whit telling the story?
Jesus healed a lot of blind men. I suppose that in this episode the story of the man born blind will be the one from John 9, where the Pharisees investigate the man’s healing. That would be interesting to hear.

Edit: Just had a new thought. What if Emily's injury is not caused by falling off a ski lift, but by her falling down a slippery slope of snow? That would be interesting and might fit the album title better.
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
cheesesoup123
Chocolate Chip

Maybe the Slippery Slope title is referring to the fact that it’s very easy to lose sight of our faith and slide downhill. Like it’s slippery or…. nvm

anyways. soooooo excited for new episode! Anyone else excited?
Read my fan fiction
\:D/ \:D/ :yes: :yes: \:D/ \:D/ :wacky:
cheesesoup123
Chocolate Chip

Rats, the Member page doesn’t have it yet. ???
Read my fan fiction
\:D/ \:D/ :yes: :yes: \:D/ \:D/ :wacky:
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

cheesesoup123 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:23 pm
Maybe the Slippery Slope title is referring to the fact that it’s very easy to lose sight of our faith and slide downhill.
Good thought. This is also a possibility.

We now have the official summary for this album!
Who is blackmailing Cooper Calhoun? To find out, junior detective Emily Jones is forced to work with unlikely partners Morrie and Suzu Rydell. Then Zoe and Olivia are thrilled when an anonymous donor pays for the class ski trip. But Pastor Wilson wonders if this visit to the mountains might fulfill the mysterious message he received: “One of three will fall.” And when a girl struggles with her faith and asks big questions, her friends and family try to draw her back to God.
What I’m interested in is how the AIO Team will portray the loss of faith. It may result in the “one saved, always saved” debate. I’m interested in seeing how they handle it, especially with any theological controversies.
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Polehaus53 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:06 pm
What I’m interested in is how the AIO Team will portray the loss of faith. It may result in the “one saved, always saved” debate. I’m interested in seeing how they handle it, especially with any theological controversies.
Whooooo boy, I didn't even think of this. Yikes. That's going to be very sticky if they choose to address it. I'm not even sure where Focus lies on that issue. Even if Focus has an official viewpoint, it wouldn't surprise me if individual writers had differing opinions. If they touch on this, it will definitely be interesting. I'm in the "yes, you /can/ lose your salvation" camp, but it's a very complex issue. Christians can't just resort to throwing prooftexts without context at each other to supposedly prove their point (which unfortunately happens in most discussions from both sides). We'll see how this goes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they refused to touch this topic with a ten-foot pole.
Be the reason someone smiles today.