Album 69

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Album 69

I wanted to post this a long time ago, but the Soda Shop was down, and I couldn't.

The title is
Best Kept Secrets
The cover art is
The summary is
Long-held secrets are uncovered and major revelations are commonplace in Adventures in Odyssey Album 69: Best Kept Secrets. Listeners have long wondered about Morrie Rydell’s plans for the kids in Odyssey. All will be revealed and questions will be answered in these episodes. Elsewhere, Jules’s mother suddenly arrives in Odyssey to take Jules back to California, maybe for good. What will happen to Jules, her newfound musical career, and her friends back in Odyssey?
The episode titles are
The Rydell Revelations, parts 1-3
For a Song
California Dreams, parts 1-2
Of course, some of us are looking forward to the Rydell Revelations. I'm also curious to see what the episode For a Song is about.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

If I remember correctly, it's an episode with the high school kids and I think they're putting on a musical??? So it's got Buck and Jules in it at least, but I don't know that I recognized any other actors. There will be songs though! And this is the first episode Abigail Geiger has written! This is the first album in a very long while where I'm equally excited for every episode coming out on it. Do we think Jules is going back to LA?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Personally, I don't think she's going back, mainly because of an upcoming episode called Auto Response (might be a Club episode) with Jules in it. Unless it comes out before this album.
Does anyone have any thoughts on the preview of The Rydell Revelations?
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Maybe Odyssey is going to copy Connie's salvation, you know bring Jules back to California in the first part and then in part two she becomes a Christian. Which in that case I hope they don't do a direct copy, but I do hope Jules and maybe Buck become Christians in this episode...maybe!
Buckles shipper. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Carl wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:15 pm
Maybe Odyssey is going to copy Connie's salvation, you know bring Jules back to California in the first part and then in part two she becomes a Christian. Which in that case I hope they don't do a direct copy, but I do hope Jules and maybe Buck become Christians in this episode...maybe!
Honestly, I'd be rather disappointed if they copied Connie's salvation story that closely for Jules. They've done so so many parallels between Connie and Jules and at this point I would appreciate it if they would show how Jules is her own person, not her sister's clone.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Yeah, same here.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?

ByeByeBrownie
Strawberry

PennyBassett wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:38 pm
This is the first album in a very long while where I'm equally excited for every episode coming out on it.
YES. I'm trying not to be TOO excited about it, but I definitely am.
Belle wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:37 pm
Honestly, I'd be rather disappointed if they copied Connie's salvation story that closely for Jules. They've done so so many parallels between Connie and Jules and at this point I would appreciate it if they would show how Jules is her own person, not her sister's clone.
SAME. Jules needs her own story, and she needs to come to Christ in her own way. I personally think that both Jules and Buck have a bit more character development left to do (or a majorly traumatic life event would do the trick, too) before they're at a place where they're ready to become Christians.

My first thought when I found out about the California Dreams episodes was that they were going to write Jules off the show, which would be a big bummer in my opinion. But, honestly, I have no idea what to expect from these episodes, and that's what's making me so excited for them to come out! :D
Shiyanne Rylie Steele

Buck and Jules Shipper
Wooton is the best character on Odyssey ever. Fight me.

"It's not that we don't make sense, it's that we have a different way of looking at things that do make sense." ~Wooton Bassett
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Exactly. I feel like these are the first episodes in a long time that are coming out and we don't know the plots of any of them. I think I like things better that way. Odyssey has a tendency to spoil the episodes, so I'm glad they're not doing that here. But they also sometimes just completely misrepresent what the episode is about, so we'll have to see. Either way, I'm excited to hear from the characters in these episodes. Definitely would be bothered if Jules became a Christian so soon unless they somehow convince us it's right for the character. Mostly, I don't want them to copy 'Connie,' like you're saying.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Thanks to a glitch on the Club, we have the official summaries for each episode!

The Rydell Revelations, part 1
Emily Jones begins her exhaustive investigation into the mastermind behind a number of mysterious occurrences in Odyssey, including the student council election, the opened lockers, the escape room, and more.
The Rydell Revelations, part 2
Whit reveals additional clues to Morrie’s misdeeds around town of Odyssey - the untold story that motivated them.
The Rydell Revelations, part 3
Secrets about the past and present are finally revealed as Whit, Emily, and Morrie get to the bottom of all the puzzling happenings in the town Odyssey.
For a Song
After seeing the popularity of Valerie’s homespun music, Jules decides to start writing her own songs about what’s going on at her school. Soon a musical battle heats up between the two girls, catching friends in the crossfire.
California Dreams, part 1
Jules’s mother suddenly arrives in Odyssey to take Jules back to California. Despite protests from Connie and Buck, Jules decides to leave town … maybe for good.
California Dreams, part 2
Jules’s rollercoaster of a musical career hits a seeming high-point, but her friends and family back in Odyssey must deal with the ramifications of her new-found fame.
So, what are your thoughts about this additional information?

Edit: I re-read the summary for For a Song, and it says Jules is writing songs about 'what's going on at her school'. Could this be connected to the Rydell Saga? That would be interesting.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

I am more exited for Part 2 and 3 than Part 1. In my eyes here is how the three parter will evolve:
Part 1: Is the investigation part, maybe some revealing at the end of the episode.
Part 2: This will reveal Morrie’s motives and other things.
Part 3: Reveals that there were more people behind it, Whit, Emily, and Morrie track them down. It also includes the final wrap up for this part of the saga.

ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

With the Rydell Revelations behind us, we move on to the second half of the album, starring Jules Kendall.
I have some theories for these three episodes:
For A Song: Jules begins publishing her music on social media and as the summary suggests, she competes against Valerie and comes out on top.
California Dreams, Part 1: Jules' mother returns for Jules because of her sudden fame. My guess is that she wants Jules to take her career further in California. Jules, who is feeling confident because of her fame, agrees. Buck and Connie know that she's going to mess up/realize something (what, I'm not sure), but Jules can't see it at the moment.
Part 2: Everything goes well at first, but Jules' career reaches a breaking point as Buck and Connie foresaw and she decides to return to Odyssey. It's likely that Jules will become a Christian upon her return, but like you guys said, I hope they don't copy Connie's conversion.

Well, I'll probably be wrong about these, but hey.