Can't Odyssey move on?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

I think if they were to kill Whit off it would be better suited in a spin-off series. Odyssey has a lot of younger fans, many of who haven't listened to the show's full duration, and it could be really troubling for them. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for yanking the bandaid off, and I think the concept of grieving Whit would be interesting, but I still think Odyssey has stories to tell. Plus Whit has become incredibly sparse as of late, I don't even think he appeared in Album 70 (could be wrong there haha). As I said though, I'd definitely be interested in a more mature spin-off down the road y'know.
*Finger guns aggressively*
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

MonkeyDude wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:30 am
I think if they were to kill Whit off it would be better suited in a spin-off series. Odyssey has a lot of younger fans, many of who haven't listened to the show's full duration, and it could be really troubling for them. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for yanking the bandaid off, and I think the concept of grieving Whit would be interesting, but I still think Odyssey has stories to tell. Plus Whit has become incredibly sparse as of late, I don't even think he appeared in Album 70 (could be wrong there haha). As I said though, I'd definitely be interested in a more mature spin-off down the road y'know.
Yeah, Whit appeared in the first 2 episodes. I think the only album he's not been heard or mentioned directly is Trial by Fire.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Okay I really would love an Odyssey spinoff for older fans. It would be so cool to be able to really dive into mature topics and maybe show a few different perspectives.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
MasterLink4eva
Strawberry
Location: The Warner Bros. Water Tower with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:27 pm

Okay I really would love an Odyssey spinoff for older fans. It would be so cool to be able to really dive into mature topics and maybe show a few different perspectives.
I agree completely, but we also have to remember there are 6-year olds who watch this.
Wooton: Penny?
Penny: Yes?
Wooton: Will you marry me?
Penny: *gasp* WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?! O.o
THIS MOMENT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I love Rueben :)
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:27 pm
I like the idea, but I also think you've got that pretty much covered already!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

HAHA fair point XD
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

They were also originally planning on ending Adventures in Odyssey at the end of the Blackgaard Saga. They also did mention that Tom Riley Died. I also read that they took Bernard Walton out of it before Dave Madden died. As for Whit I doubt they would kill him, and I have no idea how they would replace Connie or Eugene if there actors died. Personally I don't think they'll kill any of the three of them, I think those character will be around until the last album.