Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
User avatar
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2654
Joined: June 2014

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

I'm not really sure why everyone talks about how much Connie's character would have to change if she got married. I understand the Biblical aspect of it, but we've seen how much Eugene's character has had to change because he got married—not really a whole lot. He's still as nerdy, dorky, presumptuous, and neurotic as he was when he was single, and we love him for it—and Katrina has still managed to become well integrated into the AIO cast. Eugene would have matured the way he has regardless of his marital status. Just as we don't need to see Eugene as a husband to be aware he is one, we don't have to see Connie as a wife to be aware that she is one. Besides, I know plenty of young women who have gotten married and are just as able to help disciple and relate well to others as they were when they were single.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
User avatar
Ameraka
Fudge Marble
Posts: 851
Joined: March 2013
Location: In the Village

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

Yes, I don't see the problem myself. I don't see why her character would change drastically. Eugene's didn't. AIO has said that kids wouldn't be able to relate to her but I don't get that. Why this double standard--Eugene can get married but Connie can't?

-- Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:16 am --
TigerShadow wrote:I understand the Biblical aspect of it.
Just to clarify, what's the Biblical aspect of it?
Avatar by Laura Hollingsworth (thesilvereye)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
User avatar
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2654
Joined: June 2014

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

When Paul talks in 1 Corinthians 7 about whether you should or should not get married, one of the things he discusses is that when single, you only have a responsibility to God and a desire to please Him, but when you're married, you have a responsibility to your family and a desire to please your spouse. So Connie's character would have to change in the sense that not only would she have a responsibility as a spiritual leader and to grow in her relationship with God, she would also have a responsiblity to her husband and children (should she have any).
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

Ummm...Jeff and Connie aren't "together."
Girls just wanna have fun!
John Henry
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1430
Joined: June 2014

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

I know Jeff will appear in a few more episodes.

-- Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:40 pm --

I know Jeff will appear in a few more episodes.
User avatar
connie13
Chocolate Chip
Posts: 46
Joined: January 2014
Location: The saddle of a Horse

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

ejmade wrote:Wodfamchocsod: I agree with you, now that Jason is settling down in Odyssey and running J&J Antiques, they should start something between them:)
Like Totally Agree!!!! \:D/
User avatar
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1491
Joined: August 2014
Location: odyssey.chat

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

Yeah, but, in novacom, Kathy said that Connie wasn't going to get married, and several others (Jesse, Dave) on the podcast said that 'no, we have no plans for Connie to get married in the future' lots of things have changed since then, but I don't think she will. Even if what you said about Jeff will happen, it could still not work. Like with Mitch. And not to Jason, either. No. Way.
Image
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

Natalie P. wrote:Yeah, but, in novacom, Kathy said that Connie wasn't going to get married, and several others (Jesse, Dave) on the podcast said that 'no, we have no plans for Connie to get married in the future' lots of things have changed since then, but I don't think she will. Even if what you said about Jeff will happen, it could still not work. Like with Mitch. And not to Jason, either. No. Way.
Correction. Kathy said she wasn't getting married to Mitch. Connie and Jason, believe me, are alive and well. Connie and Jason are breathing the air of romance, and people who don't believe me can do nothing about it.
Girls just wanna have fun!
User avatar
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2654
Joined: June 2014

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

Except, of course, point out to you that nothing in recent shows has been hinted beyond what one can infer when wearing Shipping Goggles. =/ Like it or not, they made a pretty big deal out of Jeff being Connie's "first love", while all we've seen out of Connie and Jason is their dynamic that was featured in like, two episodes. Hardly what I'd call "breathing the air of romance".
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
User avatar
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 692
Joined: December 2012

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

Jeff won't come back. He made a quick appearance and that's all. Connie won't get married (just trust me on this).
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

I do agree it's highly unlikely Connie will ever marry.
Tiger shadow: it is very like Odyssey to hint at something, but not give it fully away. IF (and it's a big if) there are plans with Connie, Jason is a very likely candidate.
But, like I also said, people who don't believe me can do nothing about it.
Oh, and listen to Home again. Oh yes, They've hinted in recent shows.
Girls just wanna have fun!
User avatar
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2654
Joined: June 2014

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

Wodfamchocsod wrote:Oh, and listen to Home again. Oh yes, They've hinted in recent shows.
Nothing in "Home Again" gives me any inkling that Connie had feelings for Jason, or vice versa, without snapping on my Shipping Goggles. If it was anything shippy, I doubt it was intentional; they came across to me as two very close friends who were nervous about seeing each other again after some time apart. After all, considering that Connie is fully aware of the fact that Jason has, over the course of recent months, faked his own death, returned to Odyssey undercover to expose an international counterfeit ring, and in general continued to go through the mill even after his retirement, I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that she would be nervous about seeing him again, unsure if he'd really be the same Jason she knew, and that she'd be worried about him. Same thing on Jason's end; he's done and seen things that she can only begin to imagine, and considering his line of work, that's hardly limited to what they've portrayed for us, considering that most of what Jason does/did for a living can hardly be considered appropriate for 8-12-year-olds. An interpretation of the canon that implicates nothing more than close friendship while at the same time allowing for their behavior in "Home Again" is hardly unreasonable.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

TigerShadow wrote:
Wodfamchocsod wrote:Oh, and listen to Home again. Oh yes, They've hinted in recent shows.
Nothing in "Home Again" gives me any inkling that Connie had feelings for Jason, or vice versa, without snapping on my Shipping Goggles. If it was anything shippy, I doubt it was intentional; they came across to me as two very close friends who were nervous about seeing each other again after some time apart. After all, considering that Connie is fully aware of the fact that Jason has, over the course of recent months, faked his own death, returned to Odyssey undercover to expose an international counterfeit ring, and in general continued to go through the mill even after his retirement, I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that she would be nervous about seeing him again, unsure if he'd really be the same Jason she knew, and that she'd be worried about him. Same thing on Jason's end; he's done and seen things that she can only begin to imagine, and considering his line of work, that's hardly limited to what they've portrayed for us, considering that most of what Jason does/did for a living can hardly be considered appropriate for 8-12-year-olds. An interpretation of the canon that implicates nothing more than close friendship while at the same time allowing for their behavior in "Home Again" is hardly unreasonable.
Mr. tiger shadow:
Perhaps you overlooked my comment (I'm sorry if I'm bring rude;this is just my opinion and I'm trying to be nice. I'm just a debate sort of person).
1. Penny tried to set C&J up (now, true, Connie wanted to respect WHITS opinion).
2. They hugged twice.
3. Jason said he was very glad to see Connie, and Connie said very *dreamily* it was REALLY good to see him again,too.
4. Connie was extremely excited to hear Jason was back.

But, again, this is just my opinion. Other shows such as Drake the Cosmic Copper and Love is in the Air also hint.
I am not saying anything official. I said the word HINTED.
I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude. I respect your opinion and I love debates. :)
And I'm not in the 8-12 range, by the way.
Girls just wanna have fun!
User avatar
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2654
Joined: June 2014

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

You're not being rude at all. :) I should let you know, though, it's Miss TigerShadow. ;)

I don't see those as just "shippy" hints, though, since people can be excited to see old friends just as much as they can be to see love interests. We might also disagree on whether or not Connie was speaking in a "dreamy" tone, but it's been long enough since I heard "Home Again" that my opinion on the matter might not be entirely accurate.

Re: being 8-12 (I'd quote you, but my iPad is being difficult about copying/pasting), I wasn't saying that you were or weren't; I was using that demographic range to point out that Jason's line of work involves doing things that can hardly be considered appropriate to even hint to that age.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

TigerShadow wrote:You're not being rude at all. :) I should let you know, though, it's Miss TigerShadow. ;)

I don't see those as just "shippy" hints, though, since people can be excited to see old friends just as much as they can be to see love interests. We might also disagree on whether or not Connie was speaking in a "dreamy" tone, but it's been long enough since I heard "Home Again" that my opinion on the matter might not be entirely accurate.

Re: being 8-12 (I'd quote you, but my iPad is being difficult about copying/pasting), I wasn't saying that you were or weren't; I was using that demographic range to point out that Jason's line of work involves doing things that can hardly be considered appropriate to even hint to that age.
Ok Miss Tigershadow,
I think Connie is more interested in Jason than Jason is in Connie.
But, you never know.
And, I think AIO will probably leave Connie single, but...I do think Jason and Connie are the most fitting couple.
Girls just wanna have fun!
Wakko
Pistachio
Posts: 1075
Joined: May 2012
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

Wodfamchocsod wrote: 1. Penny tried to set C&J up (now, true, Connie wanted to respect WHITS opinion).
2. They hugged twice.
3. Jason said he was very glad to see Connie, and Connie said very *dreamily* it was REALLY good to see him again,too.
4. Connie was extremely excited to hear Jason was back.
1. This really doesn't mean anything. Just that Penny misunderstood Connie, and though they were in some kind of relationship.
2. Wouldn't you hug a friend twice that you hadn't seen in a long time? Speaking from experience I have. =p
3. I don't think that this was dreamily, I just think that she was overwhelmed and in shock of seeing an old friend she didn't expect to see.
4. Again, wouldn't you be excited to see an old friend you haven't seen in a long time?
#SingleConnieForever =p
User avatar
Blitz
Moose Tracks
Posts: 3787
Joined: February 2013

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

Lol. I like what you said Woody. Hey, even I have hugged people I haven't seen for years twice and gotten nervous about seeing them again.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Wakko
Pistachio
Posts: 1075
Joined: May 2012
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

I believe you mean me, not Woody. =p
User avatar
Blitz
Moose Tracks
Posts: 3787
Joined: February 2013

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

Oops sorry.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
User avatar
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 692
Joined: December 2012

Re: Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Post

Connie won't get married because it's not the kind of thing aio would do. The writers had Jeff return for 2 episodes and are pleased with themselves, expecting people to be satisfied.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Post Reply