Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
iluvodyssey
Vanilla

Yes. I think they will get married. :D
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

BabyPrikichi wrote:@blitz: I don't want Connie to get married until the show ends, so no thanks. That's not to say in against her having Jeff as a boyfriend or fiance though, that'd be pretty sweet!

@Ameraka: I doubt he's still in his thirties, he's been
talking about retiring from the agency ever since Townsend Coleman stayed voicing him. Even with Odyssey time, that's around 7-10 years. So unless he decided to retire at age 28, its pretty unlikely that he's still in his thirties. My guess is that he was in his mid thirties or later in "A Name Not A Number" based on the amount of experience he seemed to have, which would put him at 42 or higher now. And I totally agree, some things are a whole lot weirder than Jason + Connie :)

Well, Whit doesn't seem to be aging much, and Connie was in her teens forever. So Jason could be stuck in the same Odyssey time-vortex. :) There would be no way to be sure what his exact age was unless they said it outright on the show.

Anyway, it wasn't Jason OR Jeff who sent the flowers. It did have kind of a weird outcome. I got Clubhouse the other day and it was Jay. He bought some flowers and sold them for twice the original price. Then he had some extra ones and put them on random girls' doorsteps.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Helios
Butter Pecan

Ew..Jay and Connie? Why does Connie always go for the "j" guys? (except Mitch and Rodney, 'course)
I realize, of course, that Jay and Connie are not together, it's just the first thing that come to mind when I read that)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

And Jimmy Barclay once had a crush on her. So did Judah (from Back to Bethlehem).

The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Do figments of your imagination manifested in flesh through a high-tech mental projection/immersion machine count?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Somehow, I don't think so.
BabyPrikichi
Vanilla

@ameraka that's a good point. I've just always imagined Jason as a lot older than Connie, probably because of the difference in their maturity levels that is pretty evident in some of the older episodes. But then again, it doesn't make that much sense for Jason to be in his 40ies now that I think about it, since he and Jerry were about 12(?) or so years apart. And Whit and Jenny didn't get married till they were in college. So yes, I guess it's possible, I just don't want Connie married just yet
Baby Prikichi
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

But Jerry died in Vietnam. He was in the ROTC program, and he was a senior in high school, I believe. If he was seventeen or eighteen then, he would be either fifty-eight or fifty-nine (given that the Vietnam ceasefire was signed in 1973.) Even if we allow for twelve years between Jerry and Jason, that makes Jason forty-six or forty-seven.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Well, we have to consider that no time seems to pass in Odyssey. If we take time literally in Odyssey, Jason is 46-47, than Connie has to be at least 40, since twenty-five years have passed since the show started and Connie was fifteen.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

True. Odyssey Time works different. I was more so trying to prove how it would not be shocking for Jason to be in his forties, in response to BabyPrikichi's comment.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Good point, Mr. Whit's End. If Whit was 18 when he went into the Navy in 1942, then he'd be 90 this year. He's pretty active for a 90-year-old. :) Jason's age is probably more related to Whit's Odyssey age rather than to his "literal" age.

Blitz
Moose Tracks

When did they say Jerry was in ROTC? ROTC would have made him be around 22 before he entered the war, and he would have been a lieutenant. Whit finished college before he went to be in the army.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Remember? In Memories of Jerry, Plato mentions Jerry being in the "Rotcee" program, and Jerry has to explain to Jason that it is actually "R-O-T-C."
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Strange. He would be an officer then and not over fighting if he were in ROTC. *Sighs* Another AIO mistake.
Debate Vampire

The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Has it always been that way, or would things have been different in the Vietnam era?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

ROTC is a officer training program. It means Reserve Officer's Training Course. Some one who took it would end up as a second lieutenant.
Debate Vampire

The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

But yet he still went over to Vietnam and died somehow. How does that work? O.o
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Yup, big mistake.
Debate Vampire

Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I worked it out a while ago and Connie and Jason are only 14 years apart, which isn't a lot, so they could still get married :D
AIO said that Connie was 24 in 2008 and it takes 2.8 years to equal one year for Connie, so she'd be 27ish now.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Ameraka wrote:
Liz'alike wrote: Now, I personally am still holding out for Jason and Connie to get together... I'm hoping for maybe a love triangle?? One can always dream!
I am still hoping for Connie and Jason as well...but it seems like Jeff/Connie is the way the writers are going to take it....but I think a love triangle would make things more interesting. (and then in the end Connie would end up with Jason :) )
I also have a soft spot for Connie and Jason. But I think her character would change a lot if she got married. Oh, and who said Connie and Jeff are even TOGETHER?
Girls just wanna have fun!