One AIO Season A Year

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

One AIO Season A Year

http://thewepodcast.com/blog/one-aio-season-a-year/

Could this soon become a reality for us AIO fans?
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I hope this isn't true. On the one hand, we have discussed future possibilities a lot more, but I still like having 24 episodes a year. It's true about the contests. If they'd just do GITS or ACTS for that empty three month block of summer, I'd be fine. When they ran GITS until November, and they're currently overextending ACTS, that's a little annoying to the fans.

Think about this: It's almost like they're focusing more on the fans of the show than the show itself. :?

Granted, they will have the twelve Adventure Club episodes, but if that's the reason they cut down to only one album a year, I will be extremely mad. I feel contrary to your opinion, Bren. Back in the '80s and early to mid '90s, they were making more than two albums a year. I think it was one in the summer, one in the winter, and the misfit episodes for that year went into a third album as soon as they were twelve more. The Odyssey staff has grown by leaps and bounds since those days, so I think they're more than capable of producing two albums, as well as the Adventure Club.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

I could be happy with 1 season a year if they dramatized the rest of the Passages series, doing one of those a year. After that's done, I'd want 2 seasons again. ;)
Reddo
Strawberry

They're capable of making 2 a year plus the club episodes, but it would probably cost them more. I think album sales will go down after the club launches as club members get access to everything and have no need to buy the albums anymore. If not as many people buy albums the cost per sales for them increases, if they have 2 albums a year they might loose money. If they only have 1 album a year then sales will probably stay the same and they won't loose money on it, if things go well though they might add more club episodes, like maybe 15 or 20 a year plus album episodes, then we'd be getting like 30 a year. it might not be so bad after all.

but we'll just have to wait and see how things go first
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

If this is true, it makes me dislike the idea of the "Odyssey Adventure Club" even more.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

What exactly is meant by "season" in this context?
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:What exactly is meant by "season" in this context?
One album is considered one "season". Usually we get two albums a year. But, with this adventure club thing, we may only get one as non-members. And possibly miss out on quite a lot of story if we don't join, because they might do one season for club-members only.
Skylerbuck
Chocolate Chip

For us its not what we want, but Focus will make $180/year per person for the club, for all 57 albums plus exclusive episodes. On the digital/CD/iTunes albums they sell for $15-30. Honestly I won't get the club for me, but whoever will, will be giving Focus a lot more money for future episodes
I'm an admin on http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Main_Page, come check us out
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

This is all very confusing... When people claimed that 57 was delayed partially because of Get in the Show, it seemed to make little sense either. What do people mean when they say things like, "Odyssey was too busy with such and such to go ahead with the shows"? Those things are done by totally different teams. Doing a live show or contest doesn't mean that the AIO writers or directors are busier than normal. What does ACTS have to do with Kathy Buchanan writing her latest comedy? Or the editors, or sound designers, or anybody?
How does a completely separate endeavor affect the production of the show?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

It is because they are making something BIGGER! an hour long episode! or are doing big changes to the building, or maybe it is because it is the butterfly effect of the wild fires in Colorado spring last summer. I would like to think it is the first one.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

In fact, Nate, I heard the entire studio burned down. Just joking. Why is no one laughing?
Those are all good guesses.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Pound Foolish wrote:This is all very confusing... When people claimed that 57 was delayed partially because of Get in the Show, it seemed to make little sense either. What do people mean when they say things like, "Odyssey was too busy with such and such to go ahead with the shows"? Those things are done by totally different teams. Doing a live show or contest doesn't mean that the AIO writers or directors are busier than normal. What does ACTS have to do with Kathy Buchanan writing her latest comedy? Or the editors, or sound designers, or anybody?
I think Kathy and Marshal Younger are the only writers who weren't involved - I'm pretty sure they're both freelance. Paul, Dave, Nathan, and Bob Hoose all did ACTS, which probably significantly affected their work days.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

nah, it wouldn't "significantly affect" for everyone, it takes a long time to finish 1 episode, but as soon as the writing is done, the writers are done, and everyone does only their part.
that way they are not that busy.
Pound foolish,: hee he ha ha haha HAHA HAHAHAHAH LOL!! ROFL !! ROTFLOL! HAH!!! *ow*

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

whittaker96 wrote:
Pound Foolish wrote:This is all very confusing... When people claimed that 57 was delayed partially because of Get in the Show, it seemed to make little sense either. What do people mean when they say things like, "Odyssey was too busy with such and such to go ahead with the shows"? Those things are done by totally different teams. Doing a live show or contest doesn't mean that the AIO writers or directors are busier than normal. What does ACTS have to do with Kathy Buchanan writing her latest comedy? Or the editors, or sound designers, or anybody?
I think Kathy and Marshal Younger are the only writers who weren't involved - I'm pretty sure they're both freelance. Paul, Dave, Nathan, and Bob Hoose all did ACTS, which probably significantly affected their work days.
w96 is right. There's also the fact Dave has had health issues, Nathan has the podcast and such, I know Bob has more than just AIO to do. In terms of 57, they didn't start recording till like December.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Bren, do you know if they're starting the Album 58 recordings yet?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Reddo
Strawberry

They have not, I think they've recorded 6 episodes for the club though. The fact that recording for 58 further credits the thoughts that 58 will be out later next year, and 59 will come out in 2015 and 60 in 2016
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Nathan Hoobler wrote:The future of the Adventures in Odyssey broadcast schedule is still being discussed. For the near future. there will be one set of 12 OAC stories (available exclusively in the club) and one set of 12 "regular" stories (available on radio, CD, and so on). That's always up for discussion, but that will be the plan for at least the next year.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I have no comment here. Just a deep sense of loss and worry about what this will do to the fan base. I'm amazed nobody had screamed, and this news has been up for six hours.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

We're screaming on the inside. I added some personal thoughts on the latest blog post.

For those with a Facebook account, Brock has requested that we give voice our concerns about the club. You can search for Brock D. Eastman. The post mentions testing out streaming and has the club logo on it.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Guys. Terrible news. I just signed up for the members sneak peak thingy and I got an email saying that they were going to STOP MAKING AIO!! Haha. Just kidding. I slap floor. Pound Foolish got me in a jokey mood. Back to the conversation: That must never happen. Look at what I posted on the link. Also, PF, is your name supposed to be like a joke about Penny Wise?
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle