Album 58: The Ties That Bind Speculation

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

I am pretty sure they replaced Zach.
Wakko
Pistachio

That's disappointing. Matthew had finally started to grow on me, and they go and replace the actor.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Matthew playing Tug 'a' War with a pencil behind his ear seems rather dangerous...

I'm kind of looking forward to the new actor. I just can't wait to go from hearing a low voice to a high pitched voice! It's gonna be so funny! XD
Wakko
Pistachio

Yeah, since they've replaced all the other Parker kids with new actors, might as well replace Matthew's actor too! XD
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I was announcing to my friends that the cover art for this album was released. (Note: My friends do not listen to Adventures in Odyssey, so they don't really give a hoot. It's fun to tell them just to watch them :roll: .)

Yesterday, I was about to comment on this, when circumstances beyond my control took me away from it. So here's what I have to say.

1). Eugene does look like a little kid. Hopefully Gary Locke will revise that before the release date.
2). Technically, the pencil would not be dangerous to him unless it was pointed into his skull and he fell hard on it. :D
3). What does "Family by Design" mean? Does anybody have an inside scoop on the meaning behind this?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

The Old Judge wrote: 3). What does "Family by Design" mean? Does anybody have an inside scoop on the meaning behind this?
Searching on Focus on the Family's website, all I found for that was in their About Us:
Focus on the Family wrote:We’re here to come alongside families with relevance and grace at each stage of their journey. We support families as they seek to teach their children about God and His beautiful design for the family, protect themselves from the harmful influences of culture and equip themselves to make a greater difference in the lives of those around them.
Could some of it possibly be their stance on marriage and such?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

I'm still wondering who is on the other end, playing Tug o War with them.... *dramatic music*

And, Whit looks slightly evil.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

And Connie has unnatural proportions. And Ms. Parker looks like she might just fall face-first into the dirt.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Reddo
Strawberry

it's also based of FOTF's "The Family Project"
Wakko
Pistachio

Audrey wrote:I'm still wondering who is on the other end, playing Tug o War with them.... *dramatic music*
That's exactly what I was thinking! *more dramatic music*
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

shnoodlec wrote:And Connie has unnatural proportions.
If you're talking about the head being unnaturally large in comparison with the feet, I think has kind of been the album art style the last few years.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Whit looks evil, Audrey? If you say so. Perhaps he's plotting to suddenly let go and let David and Mathew topple face forward.

Wow. baha, Eugene does look exactly like a kid. The others look fantastic, though. And it's good to see Eva and David on a cover. I wish Olivia or Camilla would get a turn though, Matthew's already had a turn. The great thing about Gary Lock of course is he's all about detail. That grass is gorgeous.

Where did you find this cover, blondie? I haven't seen it on the site, was it on the wiki?

*sigh* It's going to stink missing out on this season. A fairytale AIO!? that's literally one of my dream episodes.

I'm very excited about the natural family design theme. Whether it's against contraception, or subtly attacking gay marriage, or going against divorce again, or some combination thereof, or just hinting that family in general is facing a lot of problems, this is remarkably bold of them.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Helios
Butter Pecan

I doubt they'll go against gay marriage, but it would be good if they did.

Personally, Matthew (pencil and all) is making me swoon.... *snickers*
Mara
Pistachio

Pound Foolish wrote:I'm very excited about the natural family design theme. Whether it's against contraception, or subtly attacking gay marriage, or going against divorce again, or some combination thereof, or just hinting that family in general is facing a lot of problems, this is remarkably bold of them.
I agree. I'm very curious to see the themes of the episodes. I think this is going to be a great album! Now we just have to wait... :evil:
Reddo
Strawberry

you can check out the full res version here, http://www.aiowiki.com/w/images/4/42/58front.jpg

you can even see the detail of the rope and the pattern of the vest that Eugene is wearing
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Pound Foolish wrote:Where did you find this cover, blondie? I haven't seen it on the site, was it on the wiki?
If you....read my post....I did give a source....

I'm curious about who's hands we see only the hands of..
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Pound Foolish wrote:I'm very excited about the natural family design theme. Whether it's against contraception, or subtly attacking gay marriage, or going against divorce again, or some combination thereof, or just hinting that family in general is facing a lot of problems, this is remarkably bold of them.
Which leads to an all-important question (that I just thought of): Does the town of Odyssey have any openly sodomite citizens, and does the city government recognize that practice?
Wakko
Pistachio

Pound Foolish wrote: *sigh* It's going to stink missing out on this season. A fairytale AIO!? that's literally one of my dream episodes.
Why are you missing out on 58? Also, isn't the fairytale one in the OAC, not album 58?
(An episode on gay marriage would be very interesting, but I highly doubt it will happen.)
Last edited by Wakko on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helios
Butter Pecan

God's Girl wrote:
Pound Foolish wrote:Where did you find this cover, blondie? I haven't seen it on the site, was it on the wiki?
If you....read my post....I did give a source....

I'm curious about who's hands we see only the hands of..
Monty's, maybe? :? Just a thought.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yeah, because he totally took time out of his Secret Service duties to fly home and play a rousing game of tug-of-war with his grandfather and a family he barely knows. :P