#57 "A Call To Something More" Speculation

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Ben Warren
Chocolate Chip

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Ben Warren wrote:...which might mean Shona is playing Bill Kendall's daughter...or Connie Kendall's step-sister.
Half sister, rather. :)
Haha. And I was trying so hard not to accidentally say "Sister-in-law". I get all of those mixed up. ;)
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Reddo wrote: Bill's last appearance was in 1995, plenty of time to have another child.

That's also plenty of time to generate Health problems. His mother had health problems and he's been smoking/drinking and who knows what else, so him having some sort of health problems seems likely.

They also stated how Katie had a very tough script, this could also be because her dad is dying, should she be glad because he's been such a bad father? should she be kind and loving to him? concerned that he's not going to heaven? sounds like a very tough script to me.

They also had a video of Shona and Connie together announcing the name of the episode, also maybe a small hint that they are related in some way.
I kind of don't think they'd have the winner of a contest like this be in an episode like that. [Jess Harnell announcer voice]"Congratulations - you get to help us kill off a character who hasn't been around since before you were born! You'll make the memory of a lifetime when you get to see all your favorite actors... cry at our morbid script!" ;) [/Jess Harnell announcer voice]
I like the idea that the new character might be Connie's half sister, but I don't think it makes sense to say "I can't believe it's Bill Kendel's daughter" when most of the fans probably don't know who Bill Kendel is anyway...
God's Girl wrote:
Aaron Wiley wrote:I'm with seasie on it at least being someone's daughter.. That seems to be the only thing that would fit.
Neighbor and Grandkid both have 8 letters.
Probably didn't guess neighbour because you American's spell it wrong, and usually grandkid is said "grandchild". I guess neighbour is probably more likely than daughter, BUT WHOSE?
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hmm... if what you say is true, Ben, this might be one of the best AIO episodes since the hiatus. Bill's daughter coming in would be an interesting plotline... However, I'm not inclined to believe in rumors, so I'm not positive about this...
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Aaron Wiley wrote:
God's Girl wrote:
Aaron Wiley wrote:I'm with seasie on it at least being someone's daughter.. That seems to be the only thing that would fit.
Neighbor and Grandkid both have 8 letters.
Probably didn't guess neighbour because you American's spell it wrong, and usually grandkid is said "grandchild". I guess neighbour is probably more likely than daughter, BUT WHOSE?
I guess what I was trying to say here was the that Adventures In Odyssey might be putting hard words out there for us, so that it would be harder to guess.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I guess if it is Bill Kendall I'd be more inclined to think it was his neighbor than daughter. The daughter theory seems a little far-fetched but it would be touching nonetheless. I can see Bill being in the episode even if it's not a main part and it could be that he's in it, but not the character they were referring to with the clues. I'm still inclined to believe that the hashtags were correct in number.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Aaron Wiley wrote:If Dave Madden comes back, I'll pass out from utter bliss.
YES. AUTOMATIC A+ EPISODE.

-- Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:59 am --
Jason wrote:I guess if it is Bill Kendall I'd be more inclined to think it was his neighbor than daughter. The daughter theory seems a little far-fetched but it would be touching nonetheless. I can see Bill being in the episode even if it's not a main part and it could be that he's in it, but not the character they were referring to with the clues. I'm still inclined to believe that the hashtags were correct in number.
I was hoping that WILLIAM would be eight letters, but it's not.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Ben Warren
Chocolate Chip

Honestly, if this is all true. I would be very happy. I think Connie is in need for some good drama, lately, and the issue with her father has always been interesting to me.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I'm in favor of Connie being shaken up, Mr. Warren. Oh, and I also hope, if so, we get some good, shrieking, squealing, hair-tugging, Connie freaking out scenes. Though I doubt you share my sentiments in that area.
Most importantly, it would be a good opportunity for Connie's story and character to advance at last.
Also, it would just be absolute geek-feed to have a Get-In-The-Show winner come in as CONNIE'S SISTER with Bill Kendall back in town! So, next speculation frontier....
If Shona's Connie's sister, who's Bill married to now? And what will Connie think? What will the plot be?
However... while we've established that this is a possibility, is it at all likely? Recently, whenever Connie has a real chance for character devolopment, AIO tends to run in the opposite direction. This would be a major switch up. Our only real evidence so far is...
The number of # fits. And Katie has a tough script. And, according to the team, it's a big episode.
All of this could mean any number of things.
Buuuut it's the best guess so far! So, do you think Bill's daughter will go in the IS? Or maybe wear lousy socks?> Now THAT would spark problems with Connie....
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I think Bill will be married to... Monica Stone! O.o :lol:

Anyway, I do agree with you, PF. We need some Connie character development! And we need another classic Connie tantrum. I think the last one we had was in "A Thankstaking Story", and that was just obnoxious...
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

But the probably is Kendall doesn't fit. However it is pretty much confirmed that Bill will be in the episode.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

that would be SO cool if Bill had another daughter!
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

If any of you listened to the latest Q&A podcast [1/9/13] with Dave Arnold and Paul McCusker, you might have noticed when Paul mentioned to one of the fans that there will be some "significant, dramatic changes" among some of the the characters in album 57. Ack. I'm nervous. A bit excited. Okay, both. It really stinks that the team will be putting it off until Fall prior to the release of the Actors Favorites in the spring. Oh well.
Patienceeee Suzyyyy...
Anyway, if you know anything or have any spoilers for the album 57 you would like to share, or just want to (borrowing Mr. Foolish phrase- "talk it up") please, be my guest...
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I really don't know any spoilers, (I'm one of the last to know such things.), but I'm a big "title guy". I love when the name of a new album gets released. However, titles reveal themes of an album. For instance, Friends, Family, and Countrymen focused on slice-of-life episodes and "The American Revelation". The Grand Design revolved around God's plan for the church; church history, tithing, Christian publicity. So, Album 57: A Call to Something More. If you think about that title, something big is looming on the horizon.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I'm sure you've noticed from some of my posts, but there's few things that I love more than speculation.

The following comments discusses information released in the previously mentioned Podcast.
In the podcast they did mention that there will be a two parter in the IS about Samuel. And that should be awesome. I'm wondering how much of the story they'll cover, like will it include the part with his mother? I assume it will probably include the part where Samuel hears God and wonders who is calling him. That story in itself ties directly with the implied theme of the album.

Also in the podcast they mention there will be a couple story arcs launched. One will involve Connie and the other will involve "most of the major characters". First I want to point out that he said "launched" so maybe it will be arcs that carry throughout multiple albums much like the Straussbergs, Kelly, and Leonard did. That could be cool.

Somewhere in the mix a nurse comes into play which I can only assume that someone or something is in some sort of hospital. Maybe Connie's dad? (Bill is more than likely in the episode, Life Expectancies, because the actor was in the studio.)

The thing I am guessing is maybe something happens with Connie's calling? Perhaps her buisness takes off, or something? Ideas explaining the nurse.
1. Someone is having a child. (Obviously not Connie) maybe Connie's Step-Mom, or a step-sister?
2. Someone is unconscious. (Penny, Connie, Katrina, Emily, stranger etc.)
3. Someone is dying. (Bill Kendall, Everett Meltsner etc.)

As for the other story line, just about anything could happen so naturally here are my thoughts. :D

1. Whit receives a letter and is acting strange. Not his "mad scientist" kind of strange, but as if he got some good news that he can't tell anybody. Things get even weirder when a young girl visits Whit's End, and upon telling her name Whit leaves the room in tears. When Whit is able to come back out, he asks her how her mother is doing and if they've been able to get settled in town ok. The girl responds saying that they really enjoy Odyssey and that her mom hopes to find a job here. Whit tells her to check out J's antiques, seeing how it's under new management help might be needed and Clara might be able to find a job there.
As for the title of the album "A Call to Something More" I'm anxious to find out where they go with it. So far I've loved all the episodes involving themes of God's providence and guidance, and it seems like they could go that direction here. Needless to say I'm so EXCITED for 57.... Next fall is so far away! :(

I have other thoughts but for now I'll keep them wrapped. maybe I'll put further thoughts up another time time.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

wow, someone having a baby....and someone dying. Since when did AIO start turning into Love Comes Softly?
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

"It really stinks" is a profound and excellent way to put it, wife dearest. Fall... well I guess that's not too far away. Hmm-hum-hmmm.... Argh! It's still not fall.
Fantastic speculations, Jason, as always. It's so fantastic Bill Kendall is going to be in the show. Who knows exactly how they'll handle it, but in any case, I'm sure my jaw will be hitting the floor when he appears.
Err, Wooton, Odyssey comparisons to Love Comes Softly are forbidden.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Oh, I just love your speculations, Jason! You has such a creative and wonderful imagination. Made some fun points, too.
I am, as you all are, desperately anxious to see how this really does unfold. It would be interesting to hear from Bill Kendall again, and some changes around Odyssey will be nice. I've always been the type who wasn't too partial or fond of changes, but Odyssey seems to really be in need of some lately. Am I the only one to feel this way? Seriously, if something drastically exciting doesn't happen with Connie finally, I am going to flip.

I'm also looking really forward to how things will turn out with having Jason back- seeing as he may be staying for a while. It's a tad strange thinking of him working in J&J's antiques, though. I mean, Jason? Working in an antique shop? Surely the writers and producers have something more exciting in store with that.

*sighs*

This waiting will be harder then I realized...
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Suzy Lou Foolish wrote:Seriously, if something drastically exciting doesn't happen with Connie finally, I am going to flip.
I kind of agree. I guess in a way it's Connie's turn again. There's kind of a pattern floating around here somewhere. I mean Jason was the latest character arc (With dying and Grote), and before that you could say Eugene took the spotlight with his dad story line, and before that it was Connie's turn with her Mitch-trip to Washington and before that Novacom/Mitch&Connie. (Won't go further, but see?) We havn't had an extended arc with Connie for a while. (I almost forgot Eugene and Katrina's mini-arc with not being able to have children.) So naturally it's Connie's turn only I just hope they do something that's worth the wait....
Suzy Lou Foolish wrote:I'm also looking really forward to how things will turn out with having Jason back- seeing as he may be staying for a while. It's a tad strange thinking of him working in J&J's antiques, though. I mean, Jason? Working in an antique shop? Surely the writers and producers have something more exciting in store with that.

*sighs*

This waiting will be harder then I realized...
I imagine a Jason episode or two, or six will fit into the album somehow. I mean with an album title like that, why not squeeze a little bit more Jason in there? It's gotta be something spectacular. I like the sound of Jason working in a shop, sure it's not the most exciting job. But maybe he'll make it into something more than simply you're average antique shop. It'd give the show some room to go back and forth between the two shops maybe? Or maybe after Jason takes, business slows to the point where Jason needs to reconsider the future of the shop.

I'm also wondering if maybe they'll do something more with Eugene and Katrina in this album. Maybe have Katrina start a home daycare business or something. Or make the edu-link return and somehow tie that with sending them to Africa for a visit. OR Leonard and Everett visit their church and give a testimony on their experiences in Africa.

I want to say that the wiki still says that another Kidsborro, and inspiration station episode(s) should be around the corner, though it's hard to tell if they'll be in this album or not. But that would be interesting too.Not really sure what they'd do with the IN S, but it still could have potential.

-- Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:09 pm --

I was thinking more about the Samuel/Hannah IS episode. Odyssey tends to have a pattern when it comes to IS episodes. Usually there's a sub-plot that leads into the story. And so far virtually all the characters have been in the IS at least once.
The Imagination Station - Digger Dig Willow
A Prisoner for Christ - Nicholas Adamsworth
Elijah - Jack and Robyn
Lincoln - Jimmy
Back to Bethlehem - Connie and Eugene
By Dawn's Early Light - Curt and Lucy
Isaac the True Friend - Issac Morton and Sam Johnson
The Star - Connie and Eugene
Isaac the Chivalrous - Isaac
Moses: The Passover - Jimmy and Goerge Barclay
Columbus: The Grand Voyage: Lawrance
The Mortal Coil - Whit
An Adventure in Bethany - Whit and Lucy
A Time for Christmas - Courtney
The Potential in Elliot - Sam Johnson
St. Paul: The Man from Tarsus - Rodney and Sam
St. Paul: Set Apart by God - Rodney and Sam
A Touch of Healing, Part 1 - Jason and Zachary Sellers, Jenny Roberts
The Time Has Come - Eugene
Checkmate - Eugene
When In Doubt...Pray! - Eugene and Mandy
Hide and Seek - Kevin
The Tower - Eugene and Nathaniel
Blackgaard's Revenge - Aubrey, (and Connie)
The Big Deal - Aubrey
The American Revelation - Marvin
Think on These Things - Marvin and Trent
Bernard and Jeremiah - Bernard and Marvin
Run-of-the-Mill Miracle - Grady
Something Significant - Trent
The Imagination Station, Revisited - Kelly
Fast As I Can - Matthew
Child’s Play - Joy
The Perfect Church - Matthew
Great Expectations - Emily
All of these have lead ins into the episode. One example being the Big Deal and Aubrey. She tried out for a play, made it but her parents want her to back out of the play because it has lines in it that go against Christianity. So she then experiences the story of John the Baptist.

Before I continue that point let's look at the characters that have experienced an adventure. You may notice that of all the ones who have had a turn, Katrina has NOT been in it yet.

So I wonder if maybe Katrina will experience the story of Hannah, maybe with Olivia or Camilla? However with this thought it could be using the story to lead into Katrina being pregnant with a miracle child like Hannah had Samuel. But would Katrina actually have the child or have complications? In any case I'm really excited for the SAMUEL episode! :D
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Pound Foolish wrote: It's so fantastic Bill Kendall is going to be in the show. Who knows exactly how they'll handle it, but in any case, I'm sure my jaw will be hitting the floor when he appears.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting. If you remember, the last time we saw Mister Kendall, he was appearing at his mother's funeral, drunk no less, and making quite the scene before running out. We know that Connie has been thinking of Whit as her father for a long time, since there was never anything except a genealogical connection with Bill. If he would suddenly pop up, (Which will be an amazing plot point, mind you, so I'm not complaining.), Connie would turn into a "drama momma", to borrow the colloquialism.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Vic
Chocolate Chip

Oh my gosh! I hadn't though of the connection to Katrina and Hannah! That's a brilliant idea! I really hope the episode goes in that direction. That would be really cool.