The End of Odyssey

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

underseasie wrote: Who's Fiona? I don't remember ever hearing about her.
Fiona is Whit's step-mother(?). We hear about her in the episode Thank You God, in album 2.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Jason wrote:
underseasie wrote: Who's Fiona? I don't remember ever hearing about her.
Fiona is Whit's step-mother(?). We hear about her in the episode Thank You God, in album 2.
Ohhh. Now I remember.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Technically, it was in Album 3.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Jason
Cookies & Creme

The Old Judge wrote:Technically, it was in Album 3.
Oopps... My mistake. You're right. album 3.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Doublem wrote:How depressing... :( But here I go.

How it ends: For Each Individual

Whit has had a terrible fall on concrete. He is immediately taken to the hospital, but he slowly slips into a coma before they arrive. They take him in and discover he has severe brain damage. They do surgery, and to everyone's dismay, he dies during it. Connie and Eugene are crying out in the hall when the doctor comes to deliver the bad news. "I'm sorry," he says. "But Mr. Whittaker has passed away during the surgery."

This is too much for Connie. She stays home for a full two weeks just mourning. She hardly eats or drinks, and ignores all phone calls or any communication to the outside world. Occasonaly June stops by and tries to comfort her, but one day while she was talking to Connie, she tells Connie that she is moving to Mexico and marrying a British guy named Wade. Connie now is completely overwhelmed and locks herself in her room. She doesn't come out for a full week, and at the end of the week when June went upstairs to find her, she found Connie was gone, vanished, and had escaped through the window.

When Whit died, Eugene (Unlike Connie) decided to take full responsibility at Whit's End. He and Katrina seemed to manage alright, at least they thought they did. But the children didn't like the way Whit's End was turning into, so lesser and lesser kid's came, until eventually, nobody came by at all. Eugene and Katrina were heartbroken about this, but they were even sadder when June came by and told them about Connie. Eugene especially was stricken with sadness. He decided he couldn't take it anymore, and one day told Katrina that they were moving to Ireland. "Whatever for, dear?" Katrina asked. "So that we can get out of this retched town!" Was his reply. A few month's later and Eugene and Katrina packed their bags, leaving Odyssey for good.

Whit's End was now closed. Nobody came by or even paid attention to it. Twenty or so years passed before the City Counsel meeted togetether to discuss what to do with it. "Tear it down," said Councilman Jocks. Everyone liked this idea, so Whit's End was torn down. Ten years later, a business-man came by Odyssey and saw the land. He bought it and built a building where you bought Aglets and little things like that. The business failed and was bought out by a man who went by the name "The Chairmen." The older fellow bought the shop and turned it into a TV, Radio, and Video Game station. Go figure.

Jason had no idea of what was going on in Odyssey until after E&K left town. When he came back (for retirement) and discovered his Dad had died, his friend had ran away, and his two other friends had moved to Ireland, he was overcome with shock. Jason then decides that his life is useless, but before suicide could occur, he meet's Penny Wise. Penny had just come back from Pennsylvania and family, and had no idea of what had happened as well. When Jason tells her about everything, Penny is stricken with grief. She's overcome with sadness and ask's Jason where's Wooton. Jason replies that he has no idea, and before any of them could say anything else, Penny launched into a lecture of how much she was going to miss them all. Suddenly Jason realized he wasn't alone in this world. So, sharing much in common (even if Penny was much younger), the two began a friendship that could've lasted a lifetime. Jason and Penny started seeing each other often. It was Jason's only real happy moments in those times, and the same with Penny. They met at parks, at resturants, and even at home. They talks and played games and spent there time mourning together. Two years passed with Jason living in his Dad's house, and Penny living at Connie's, until Jason decided to pop the question. Penny, shocked, told him that she couldn't marry him, because her love interest was in someone else, Wooton. When Jason informed her that Wooton hadn't been seen for two years now, Penny nevertheless said she couldn't marry him. Because of this, Jason was once again stricken with overwhelming grief. He left Odyssey and moved to Brazil, where he met a Brazilian Girl named Clevishta. Jason, without getting to really know Clevishta, married her right off. But the two didn't see eye to eye, and eventually Clevishta left Jason. Jason was left alone, with no care in the world and no point. He was overwhelmed with depression, until one day he fell on his knee's and died.

After Jason had left to move to Brazil, Penny was depressed. She decided to leave Odyssey as well and to search for Wooton. He had left Odyssey just around the time of Whit's death without really saying goodbye to anyone. She had no idea where to begin, but finally decided to ask neighbors and people who knew Wooton. After six months of contacting people and traveling to the places to see his family, she found out that he had moved to San Luis, Cuba. She packed her bags once again, bought a plane ticket, and flew to find him. She found Wooton in a strange shack. When she saw him, he was holding hands with a Cuban woman and praying. Penny hated to interrupt, so when he said "Amen", Penny said "Hello."
Wooton was completely surprised but very glad to see her. He sat her down and introduced to her his wife, Nikola. Penny was astonished that he had married, and before Wooton could explain anything of how he had come to Cuba and why, Penny got up, took her bags, and walked out. Penny moved to France where she became a professional artist and made hundred's of dollars selling her paintings. She spent the rest of her life in a large mansion with several exotic animals and paintings. When she turned 62 years old, an artist man named Vincent La Dartisk asked for her hand in marriage. She said yes, and they remained married for fourteen years, until Vincent died of a stroke. Penny was then left alone in the mansion where she eventually died of, like her husband, a stroke.

To this day, where Connie had run away to, and why Wooton had moved to Cuba remains unknown.
Chris Anthony retired and started to work for Barbie® again, and the rest of the Odyssey Crew went and did their own thing.

Adventures In Odyssey was then shut down from that day on.
thats so so depressing! but good
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Jason wrote:
HannahJ. wrote:
Wooton Bassett wrote:Odyssey should get blasted with a nuclear bomb by Dr. Blaaguard
He's DEAD!!
Is he really dead? I know everything points to that, but they never really found his body. And how did Jack get out of the explosion? It's possible, albeit unlikely, that Blackgaard pulled Jack out, and managed to escape himself unnoticed. (Note the bold text)
I always thought God helped Jack get into the clearing. I think Dr. Blackgaard is dead.. but then again :mrgreen:
Last edited by gabbygirl17 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

An atomic bomb is dropped in odyssey and everyone dies. The chairman finally gets revenge!
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I know that I, (along with probably a bunch of other odysseyians) would be really upset if the show ended with evil winning. I really doubt that the writers would have it end this way.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Phil Lollar was going to have it end with an evil ending during the Blackgaard chronicles!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

SparkyHappyGiraffe wrote:Phil Lollar was going to have it end with an evil ending during the Blackgaard chronicles!
]

But,,,,, it was going to be after evil lost, just ending directly after.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

SparkyHappyGiraffe wrote:Phil Lollar was going to have it end with an evil ending during the Blackgaard chronicles!
Weird...
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Jacob Isom
Wod-Fam-Choc-Sod

As Bernard experiences excruciating pain having his fingernails removed with a pair of rusty pliers, Whit comes into the room during his procedure and tells him "the best is yet to come". Bernard, in his cynical way, retorts that Maude would never approve of this procedure on his death bed and accidentally kicks Whit during his tumultuous pain. Whit experiences a sudden death, just a bump on the head.

Later, at Whit's funeral, Bernard delivers a beautiful eulogy on Whit's optimism during his fingernail removal procedure. The crowd concurs. Jason, Jack, Connie, Eugene, and other prominent characters concur with tears flooding their eyes. Walking by Whit's casket is an inevitable reality. Connie comments that Whit looks content and happy... and he always was. Eugene offers to run his own unapproved biopsy on Whit before they pile the dirt onto Whit at the cemetary. Everyone grimaces at the thought and tell him to buzz off.

The show ends. Chris isn't on duty to wrap up the show. Instead, Dave Arnold recommends all Odyssey fans go find something else to fill their time with and recommends Focus on the Family Radio Theatre's new line-up of upcoming dramas, including "Betsy the Bumblebee", at an astounding fan request. Dave walks off mic singing the Doxology, but not before stuffing a tasty pastry into his mouth.
Jacob Isom | Webmaster, odysseyscoop.com
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Jacob Isom wrote:...Dave walks off mic singing the Doxology, but not before stuffing a tasty pastry into his mouth.
What did I just read?
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Aaron Wiley wrote:
Jacob Isom wrote:...Dave walks off mic singing the Doxology, but not before stuffing a tasty pastry into his mouth.
What did I just read?
I'm thinking the same thing…
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Jacob Isom wrote:As Bernard experiences excruciating pain having his fingernails removed with a pair of rusty pliers, Whit comes into the room during his procedure and tells him "the best is yet to come". Bernard, in his cynical way, retorts that Maude would never approve of this procedure on his death bed and accidentally kicks Whit during his tumultuous pain. Whit experiences a sudden death, just a bump on the head.

Later, at Whit's funeral, Bernard delivers a beautiful eulogy on Whit's optimism during his fingernail removal procedure. The crowd concurs. Jason, Jack, Connie, Eugene, and other prominent characters concur with tears flooding their eyes. Walking by Whit's casket is an inevitable reality. Connie comments that Whit looks content and happy... and he always was. Eugene offers to run his own unapproved biopsy on Whit before they pile the dirt onto Whit at the cemetary. Everyone grimaces at the thought and tell him to buzz off.

The show ends. Chris isn't on duty to wrap up the show. Instead, Dave Arnold recommends all Odyssey fans go find something else to fill their time with and recommends Focus on the Family Radio Theatre's new line-up of upcoming dramas, including "Betsy the Bumblebee", at an astounding fan request. Dave walks off mic singing the Doxology, but not before stuffing a tasty pastry into his mouth.
This. Is. BRILLIANT! But one thing. You forgot the part where Tom is half way across the country and he has to race against the clock to get to Odyssey in time for Whit's funeral. Just as he arives in Odyssey, he drives at top speed to get there. Only to run through a stop sign and get hit himself. Instead of one funeral, Odyssey gets two. What a sad sad day indeed.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Jason wrote:.....Odyssey, he drives at top speed to get there. Only to run through a stop sign and get hit himself. Instead of one funeral, Odyssey gets two. What a sad sad day indeed.
And then Regis comes back for his final revenge, and makes everyone left in the town his slaves.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

It should be like this:

Matthew Parker notices something suspicious going on at Whit's End. Whit is tinkering with strange things, and it looks like he might get hurt. He tells Jay about it, and Jay comes up with evidence that Whit is doing something illegal. Jay tells the police, and Whit is thrown in jail. Years and years later, a much older Phillip Glossman comes to look at Whit's End.

Phillip Glossman: What happened to this building?

Man on the Street: It closed down about 18 years ago.

Phillip Glossman: What happened to the owner?

Man on the Street: He died in prison. Some kid testified against him.

Phillip Glossman: What happened to the kid?

Man on the Street: I don't know. He grew up and moved away, I guess.

Phillip Glossman: What about the employees?

Man on the Street: Kendall and Meltsner? They're still in Odyssey. Kendall works at a laundry mat and Meltsner's at a gas station. They were pretty bummed when Whittaker died.

Phillip Glossman: Is this building still up for sale?

Man on the Street: I think so. Why are you asking so many questions?

Phillip Glossman: I wanna buy this building. How much do you think it's worth?

Man on the Street: Are you kidding? This building has cobwebs and rats. It's probably worth a nickel or two. What are ya gonna turn it in to anyway?

Phillip Glossman: An arcade.

Man on the Street: You can probably work that out with the city council. Well, I'm late for my meeting. See ya!

Phillip Glossman: Yeah, sure. An arcade. Yes, an arcade. An arcade in the memory of Blackguard's Castle and Dr. Regis Blackguard. Finally, I can do something for him. Finally, we have Whit's End.

(sinister music to end AIO forever)
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Aaron Wiley wrote: And then Regis comes back for his final revenge, and makes everyone left in the town his slaves.
Blackgaard seems more of the type to harvest the town of anything useful, and then humiliate everyone in Odyssey before blowing it of the face of the earth. Just an observation.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

That would be lovely, Doublem. Yes, indeed, Jason should contemplate suicide, then fall in love with Penny, then move away from Odyssey forever, then marry foolishly, then die in misery. Why didn't someone think of that before? :P Um, this is a children's show, guys. I doubt they're ever going to let Whit die. People get too attached to him, he's too big a character. I'm seventeen, and I know even i would cry my eyes out if Whit died. Plus, we don't want an ultra-depressing end to Odyssey. Odyssey is funny and sweet, with only OCCASIONAL dark moments.
Most likely, they'll end with a really bittersweet episode, after building up to the end for a long time. Perhaps there will indeed be a big round of marryings and killings. Here's my take: it should end with a final saga, a final big boom of villainy fighting:
Whit feels an odd sensation something is about to happen. Valerie braggs about being the first in Odyssey to have a new trend: a new product that's sweeping the global market: the T-pod. Made by the company Thetis. They come already full of music, music that can create any emotional feeling one wishes for. Joy, love, amusement, merriment... People are becoming addicted to them. Connie shows up every day wit hers. Barrett introduces them to Emily Jones, who uses them to listen to songs to that promote focus... then just whatever she wants to feel like. Jay jumps along madly down the streets, playing his and "dancing." Then adults start using them during work... teachers are seen with them while teaching school... children start listening to them all day long...
Worried, Whit researches Thetis, and discovers it used to be Andromeda. Once again, he's out speaking against a product everyone loves, except this time even Connie has been helplessly addicted. Matthew tries to figure out the t-Pod, but it's filled with parts he doesn't recognize. Eugene does: they're similar to parts from the Imagination Station. The Parkers and Jones's vacation to a new theme-park: MusicLand, with rides playing music from the t-Pods with movements to match the music. MusicLand is owned by a man who turns out to be Thetis' "Chairman."
Mitch calls Connie to tell her he and Maureen are on a case. "It's just... okay, Connie, I need to honest. You taught me that. I'm going to die on this one." Connie snaps out of addiction and sinks into depression.
Mitch and Maureen are MusicLand. The Parkers run into them. They also meet Lucy and Jack Davis, with their little girl. Lucy has a very bad feeling about this theme park. Emily discovers some people stay in rides all night... and all day... and the theme park runners let them.
Then an offer goes out to learn how to play the "t-Music", including Penny. Emily, along with thousands of the world, goes, to figure out the mystery. It is run by a kind, sweet man. Lucy comes too. She keeps thinking she recognizes him. The man traps her, and reveals himself as Dr. Blackgaard.
Whit Emily finds Lucy and they call Whit. Whit arrives with Wooton, worried for Penny. Mitch and Maureen bring in their team. Blackgaard escapes, wit the best of the students: a woman named Liz Horton.
Whit creates an Imagination Station adventure to uncover the music's weakness.
Mitch and Maureen track him down to his hideout. Connie insists on coming with him. They are all trapped, and Liz is hypnotized by him. She creates some music to control the world with him. The music is released, and the world seems conquered.
This has gone on long enough. :) Boy what a crazy mess... glad I'm not a writer for Odyssey. Suffice to say, the end should be BIG!!! If you like my ending, (for some strange reason) think how YOU could finish it.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

CreativeThinker101 wrote:It should be like this:

Matthew Parker notices something suspicious going on at Whit's End. Whit is tinkering with strange things, and it looks like he might get hurt. He tells Jay about it, and Jay comes up with evidence that Whit is doing something illegal. Jay tells the police, and Whit is thrown in jail. Years and years later, a much older Phillip Glossman comes to look at Whit's End.

Phillip Glossman: What happened to this building?

Man on the Street: It closed down about 18 years ago.

Phillip Glossman: What happened to the owner?

Man on the Street: He died in prison. Some kid testified against him.

Phillip Glossman: What happened to the kid?

Man on the Street: I don't know. He grew up and moved away, I guess.

Phillip Glossman: What about the employees?

Man on the Street: Kendall and Meltsner? They're still in Odyssey. Kendall works at a laundry mat and Meltsner's at a gas station. They were pretty bummed when Whittaker died.

Phillip Glossman: Is this building still up for sale?

Man on the Street: I think so. Why are you asking so many questions?

Phillip Glossman: I wanna buy this building. How much do you think it's worth?

Man on the Street: Are you kidding? This building has cobwebs and rats. It's probably worth a nickel or two. What are ya gonna turn it in to anyway?

Phillip Glossman: An arcade.

Man on the Street: You can probably work that out with the city council. Well, I'm late for my meeting. See ya!

Phillip Glossman: Yeah, sure. An arcade. Yes, an arcade. An arcade in the memory of Blackguard's Castle and Dr. Regis Blackguard. Finally, I can do something for him. Finally, we have Whit's End.

(sinister music to end AIO forever)

Awesome theory. But Paul McCusker confirmed that we will never hear from Phillip Glossman again in an interview I did with him.