The End of Odyssey

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Wooton Bassett wrote:
Awesome theory. But Paul McCusker confirmed that we will never hear from Phillip Glossman again in an interview I did with him.
Or did he? In my opinion, Phillip might show up near Odyssey again. Just keep listening! By the way, I read the interview! Great job!
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
snubs
Cookies & Creme

I think that they should wrap up some of the story lines (but not to where everyone is dying off, or moving away). I think that Mr. Whittaker should pass Whit's End down to Jason/Monty (or even Connie, who knows). And then they should have a special episode that is kind of a farewell Odyssey (like they do in some sitcoms). But it's not just an average episode, I mean, the characters can be in it, but it's more of the actors saying there last goodbyes and stuff to the show. It would probably have to be a 2-3 part episode of the character's getting wrapped up and then another episode of the actors.

And it should definitely end with the age old quote "The best is yet to come." And it would end with you feeling like Odyssey will still live on (even if there is no more episodes) and they'll still run into crazy things...like the town always does.

It would be very sad, but I think it would also be satisfying to, not only the audience, but the actors too.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
Mara
Pistachio

HI! Is anybody concerned that Odyssey's gonna end someday :(? That would be SO depressing.
Whittifer
Raspberry Ripple

I would cry my eyes out! I don't even want to think about it.
Nothing.
brittany k
Peanut Butter Cup

i would be soooooo upset!!!! i would cry for days!
I'm a crazy gal! :)
I love life! :)
Mara
Pistachio

i know!!!!! its becoming so popular though i dont think it would end anytime soon. but it would change A LOT!!!
God's little Artist
Caramel Crunch

NOOOOOOOO! this can't happen ever! I won't let it! don't even think about it ending.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

It's likely that it won't be ending any time soon. The crew has announced that they currently have no plans at all to discontinue the show.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I don't wanna think about this.
~ Walker in Dreams
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

I don't want Adventures in Odyssey to end either. But it will get to the point where it isn't really AIO anymore, if that makes sense. Eventually it will be something totally different then it is now or has been before.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Mara
Pistachio

Aaron Wiley wrote:It's likely that it won't be ending any time soon. The crew has announced that they currently have no plans at all to discontinue the show.
GOOD!!!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I would say as long as there's interest in the show and the crew feels they're doing what God is telling them to do, the show will not end. And even if AIO does end, it will still be a great program. And it will always live on in our hearts. :D: I know, cliche line, but I felt like putting it.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ha ha, well put, Mr. Thinker. I wonder.... Will AIO still be going when we're all adults? (Well, a few of us already are. NOT me ;) Obviously. Not in maturity level, anyhow.) If so, won't it be odd to have new actors playing Eugene and Connie? Won't it be neat to see how characters keep coming and going? I wonder just how much longer a radio show can survive in the internet video age. It's going strong now, but what if things someday turn around?
And, sayyy.... what will WE be doing as adults? Do you think Suzy and I will still be flirting? Do you think we'll still be shooting at each other and bombing each other over Emily? Or shall we look at all this as the foolishness of our youth? ;)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Well, I doubt that Odyssey will still be going when I am a grandmother, but that is a long ways off.

By the way, PF, how come you never mention me in your posts anymore. Just because we broke up doesn't mean we can't still be friends, does it?

Speaking of which, did we ever break up? I thought it was only at maybe.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

I don't even want to think about AIO ending! It just makes me so sad! :cry:
JK I'm fine, but AIO will end one day and then AIO will always live in our hearts and CDs and Computers forever!
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Aftershocker wrote:I don't even want to think about AIO ending! It just makes me so sad! :cry:
JK I'm fine, but AIO will end one day and then AIO will always live in our hearts and CDs and Computers forever!
And MP3 players and iPods...
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Kaida wrote:
Aftershocker wrote:I don't even want to think about AIO ending! It just makes me so sad! :cry:
And MP3 players and iPods...
And tapes and on the internet
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Aftershocker wrote:And tapes and on the internet
Our grandchildren are going to look at tapes like we look at record players.

If Odyssey ends, well...I don't even know how I'd feel. It just be plain terrible, like the rest of you said. I'm just glad we have so many episodes and albums to cling too, if something did happen to AiO, though. Praise the Lord! Speaking of which, I hope my children will listen to Adventures in Odyssey some day.

Oh, and Pound Foolish, dear...us not flirting is as likely as AiO dying. ;) Just teasing.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Suzylou is right. Though I would hate to see Odyssey end, and I want it to continue for a long time, we DO have 726 episodes, not counting the books and videos. And it's on iTunes now, as well. Once something's on iTunes, it's always on iTunes.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

yeah your right Old Judge, [As usual ;)]
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31