Album 72

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Album 72

I found the title, summary, and release date for Album 72!

The title is
The Long Road Home
Here's the summary (Warning: DO NOT read it if you have not heard Album 71 yet. Seriously, don't read it; you're going to be majorly spoiled).
Adventures in Odyssey audio dramas release the imagination of both young and old as listeners follow a host of characters through adventures in the town of Odyssey. Geared towards kids ages 8 and up, these high-quality audio dramas teach biblical truths and moral foundations for children to make decisions from throughout their lives. They are perfect for car rides and initiating important conversations with kids.

In The Long Road Home, album #72 of the series, important lessons are learned about friendship, family, and judging others.

“Have you ever considered that Mr. John Avery Whittaker has his own agenda?” Olivia has a new friend in her life. He’s smart, interesting, and just so talkative. Will his influence, and Olivia’s own desire to settle some scores, ruin her friendships with Zoe and the gang at Whit’s End? Will his devious comments convince Olivia to abandon her faith?

Meanwhile, Buck and Jules discover that Buck’s father left behind a lot more than could ever have been suspected. Could the map help him determine what is next for his life? Because he’s beginning to wonder if he really wants to be in a family with Eugene and Katrina. Elsewhere in Odyssey, Bridgett Perkins learns a good lesson about judging others when she feels that her own life is under the microscope.
It will be released on
March 8, 2022 on CD, and on the Adventures in Odyssey Club beginning in mid-December.
Is it a spoiler to give out the release date? :?
What are everyone's thoughts? Any theories? \:D/
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Thank you so much for unearthing this, Polehaus!
Polehaus53 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 am
“Have you ever considered that Mr. John Avery Whittaker has his own agenda?” Olivia has a new friend in her life. He’s smart, interesting, and just so talkative. Will his influence, and Olivia’s own desire to settle some scores, ruin her friendships with Zoe and the gang at Whit’s End? Will his devious comments convince Olivia to abandon her faith?
I let my sister read this and I watched her reaction. She initially had little reaction to this chunk of the description because she believed the "friend" referenced in the description was Leonid Sepanov from "Triple-Decker Sundae." My mind immediately went elsewhere when I read it. I feel that it's obvious that the "friend" is Morrie Rydell.

Unfortunately.

While I can see Morrie being a good character to be the one to help lead Olivia further into confusion, I don't want the utter mess of the morality and the Whit writing problems from the Rydell Saga to cross over into this story (which has so far been excellent). I do remember it was mentioned on an Official Podcast that both Phil Lollar and Marshal Younger are writing this storyline. This description definitely oozes the spirit of the Rydell Revelations, if only because of the quote, “Have you ever considered that Mr. John Avery Whittaker has his own agenda?”

I do really hope, whatever happens, it will live up to the same standard as all of the stuff we've gotten so far with Olivia on the last album.

Ahh, discuss!
Polehaus53 wrote:
Meanwhile, Buck and Jules discover that Buck’s father left behind a lot more than could ever have been suspected. Could the map help him determine what is next for his life?
Buck's father? This could be really interesting! I feel the need to relisten to "The Long End" now because while I remember a good amount of it, I'm a bit fuzzy on some of the backstory of his parents.
Polehaus53 wrote:
Because he’s beginning to wonder if he really wants to be in a family with Eugene and Katrina.
Wow, that took a TURN. I want to know his thought process here?! There haven't been any recent indicators that I'm aware of that hint he is questioning cutting his familial ties with Eugene and Katrina. There was, of course, "Auto Response" (which was amazing in terms of his characterization) where he wondered if his loved ones would drop him the moment he did anything wrong. I'm excited to see Buck's train of thought. I hope these episodes possibly begin to address the often problematic nature of Buck and Jules's friendship (although I do understand if this very specific multi-parter doesn't address it).
Polehaus53 wrote:
Elsewhere in Odyssey, Bridgett Perkins learns a good lesson about judging others when she feels that her own life is under the microscope.
First thing of note, they spelled Bridget's name wrong. Secondly, I feel this isn't written in a way that is intriguing or interesting at all. I'm excited that we're getting another Perkins episode, but this part of the description feels cheap lol.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Polehaus53 wrote:
I also initially thought that it would be Morrie Rydell. That would be quite interesting if it were because it would connect two sagas. But thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Leonid. Curious about the line: 'Olivia's own desire to settle some scores'. Scores against Zoe? Oh, boy.
I am guessing that this is the episode called "The Lost One" and that it will be a two-parter.
Polehaus53 wrote:
Meanwhile, Buck and Jules discover that Buck’s father left behind a lot more than could ever have been suspected. Could the map help him determine what is next for his life? Because he’s beginning to wonder if he really wants to be in a family with Eugene and Katrina.
I'm obsessing over this more than is probably warranted. This sounds super interesting!
I'm not so happy about the Jules part. I wouldn't be surprised if Jules is the one causing him to think he shouldn't be in a family, but it's probably something else. I wonder if they'll discuss the LCTWTO situation and the journal.
I am really hoping that this map thing and Buck's father will tie into GRC/Long End. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I can't help thinking...will we get an appearance from Felicia Larson? Monty Whittaker? Mr. Skint? Or will it be a treasure-hunt sort of episode?

Very excited for this album! :D
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

The cover art for Album 72 has been revealed on Amazon!
For some reason, the spoiler shrinks images you put into it. Open it in a new tab and it should be clearer.

Here are my thoughts:

I must say, I really like this cover art! Jules, Buck, and Eugene running away from a fire? The area they're in looks kind of abandoned. There's trash and weeds around the outside of the gas station. Looks interesting. I'm really looking forward to this album! \:D/
Monica Stone wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:25 pm
I feel that it's obvious that the "friend" is Morrie Rydell.

Unfortunately.

While I can see Morrie being a good character to be the one to help lead Olivia further into confusion, I don't want the utter mess of the morality and the Whit writing problems from the Rydell Saga to cross over into this story (which has so far been excellent). I do remember it was mentioned on an Official Podcast that both Phil Lollar and Marshal Younger are writing this storyline. This description definitely oozes the spirit of the Rydell Revelations, if only because of the quote, “Have you ever considered that Mr. John Avery Whittaker has his own agenda?”

I do really hope, whatever happens, it will live up to the same standard as all of the stuff we've gotten so far with Olivia on the last album.
I agree. I as well am thinking that the friend is Morrie Rydell. "Have you ever considered that Mr. John Avery Whittaker has his own agenda?” seems like the kind of thing Morrie would say. If I remember correctly, he did say something similar to Whit in Album 69: Best Kept Secrets in part 2 of "The Rydell Revelations". I'm not sure if I want the whole Rydell Saga stuff to come into this.

The other option for the new friend, as you said, is Leonid Sebanov from "Triple-Decker Sundae". Olivia's Imaginary Friend was definitely an interesting character in that episode, appearing in Olivia's head and getting her to think about hard questions (all while eating her food. :lol:). Although in that episode, Leonid mainly made Olivia question things about God. While the part in the summary that says, "Will his devious comments convince Olivia to abandon her faith?", seems to fit his description, I'm not sure if he would go as far to make her ruin friendships. But then again, you never know.

Another option could be that this "new friend" is an entirely new character.There have been quite a few new characters introduced in recent episodes. I'm not sure if I'd want that, though. I think using Morrie Rydell would work fine with making Olivia question everything.
More thoughts to come. \:D/

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Meanwhile, Buck and Jules discover that Buck’s father left behind a lot more than could ever have been suspected.
Ok, This LITERALLY describes the fanfic I've been working on. is it worth me even finishing it now?
Buck finds a map and goes with Jules to trickle lake to find it. meanwhile Skint has slipped custody and is on their tail.
From what I can see of the cover art, I'd say that's possibly where the map leads, and Eugene found them around the time the fire started. theory: the Gas station could be the one from 'Here today, gone tomorrow?'(probably not though) and whatever the 'treasure' is, will possibly be destroyed in the fire. I don't think Buck starting the next chapter of his life without E/K is such a bad thing, just as long as it's not illegal, (and he finishes school!).
theory: what if Buck's father hid the 'treasure' just before he was killed in the police chase, which is said to have started ...at a gas station![/spoiler}
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

djchatswithu wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:49 am
Ok, This LITERALLY describes the fanfic I've been working on. is it worth me even finishing it now?
Maybe you'll end up predicting what will happen!
The cover art is pretty cool.
We don't have many images of Jules or Buck and I think they both look good in the art. (Buck is wearing a different shirt for once :P) Though it may or may not be concerning that Buck and Jules are holding hands. He's probably pulling her out of the burning gas station.
As for the cover in general, I do wish it were zoomed in a bit more. But overall, I think it's pretty cool. :clap:
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:46 pm
djchatswithu wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:49 am
Maybe you'll end up predicting what will happen!
The cover art is pretty cool.
We don't have many images of Jules or Buck and I think they both look good in the art. (Buck is wearing a different shirt for once :P) Though it may or may not be concerning that Buck and Jules are holding hands. He's probably pulling her out of the burning gas station.
As for the cover in general, I do wish it were zoomed in a bit more. But overall, I think it's pretty cool. :clap:
well I'll leave this bit, probably the closest to what will happen in the episode
E: Okay, but don’t forget, we're leaving in approximately ten minutes
B: Okay, I’m just taking the trash out.
As he opened the door, buck noticed something stuck in the bottom flap of the box, it was an envelope with his name on it. He pulled it out and threw the box in the bin, before going inside and opening the envelope.
E: "oh what have you got there"
B: I dunno, It was in the box of stuff. I think it's some kind of map.
E: "Hm, How intriguing, could I.."
Buck "Sure"
E: "Well it's certainly a map of some kind,"
B: "What, like a treasure map?"
E: "given the events with your mother's painting she left you, I'd guess that's a high possibility, though I can't be sure of the map's location"

I noticed in the cover art that Eugene seems to have known about the danger while Buck seems to be emotionally catching up with the events of the episode. Jules seems to be a mix of concern/empathy for Buck as well as fear of what they're running from. also, shouldn't Buck/Jules be slightly shorter than Eugene? they just look slightly out of scale to me.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

djchatswithu wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:30 pm
also, shouldn't Buck/Jules be slightly shorter than Eugene? they just look slightly out of scale to me.
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if Buck was about the same height as Eugene, but I would think that Jules would be shorter than both of them.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah I think there's something a little off, but I can't put my finger on it. It might be the dimensions of the characters or something. The way Buck and Jules look next to each other looks strange for some reason.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Bob
Caramel Crunch

I don't know about Buck, but Eugene tends to look pretty small, and girls have often reached their full height when they're Jules' age (or younger). From album artwork (like album 34), Connie looks to be about Eugene's height. Since Jules is her half-sister, it makes sense that she could also be in that range, and Album 62's cover seems to suggest Jules is at least Connie's size. Buck being no taller is more of a surprise, but if he's about 16+, he might still grow out some.

Now, AIOWiki claims in the trivia section that Eugene is 6'2, and he describes himself as 'tall'; if this is true, this would mean that either the album art isn't well-synced with the episode information, or that Connie and Jules are both unusually tall, or both*. The average American woman is 5'4, and my experience is that a young woman looks pretty tall if she's close to my height (5'7), so Connie would be practically a giantess.

*: Connie's wiki article says she's 5'9, which is both considerably above average, and yet shorter than the art seems to suggest.
A classic never goes out of style.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Bob wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:02 pm
I don't know about Buck, but Eugene tends to look pretty small, and girls have often reached their full height when they're Jules' age (or younger). From album artwork (like album 34), Connie looks to be about Eugene's height. Since Jules is her half-sister, it makes sense that she could also be in that range, and Album 62's cover seems to suggest Jules is at least Connie's size. Buck being no taller is more of a surprise, but if he's about 16+, he might still grow out some.

Now, AIOWiki claims in the trivia section that Eugene is 6'2, and he describes himself as 'tall'; if this is true, this would mean that either the album art isn't well-synced with the episode information, or that Connie and Jules are both unusually tall, or both*. The average American woman is 5'4, and my experience is that a young woman looks pretty tall if she's close to my height (5'7), so Connie would be practically a giantess.

*: Connie's wiki article says she's 5'9, which is both considerably above average, and yet shorter than the art seems to suggest.
Taking another look, I think it's Eugene that's too short, especially compared to the doorway (unless the door is at least 7-8 feet high, a 6'2 person should fit through 'snugly'), and although they're running, his legs do look slightly longer than buck and Jules, who seem to be the same height. I know sounds picky, but it does look kinda off. on a side note, in best intentions, both Tom and Eugene mention that Tom is bigger, but the wiki claims Tom was 5'11, unless they were referring to muscle rather than height, which I could believe.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

The episode titles, order, and summaries have all been revealed, thanks to a glitch on the AIO Club! \:D/
“The Lost One, Part 1”
After she learns that Zoe left her out of a special part in an upcoming play, Olivia must decide if she’ll help her friend get a prestigious job on the school newspaper.
“The Lost One, Part 2”
Olivia’s battles with doubts reach a climax as her family, friends, and even a Russian philosopher fight for her heart and soul.
“Judge Me Tender”
After realizing that her younger brother knows more people than she does, Bridget Perkins tries to form an unlikely friendship with Jules Kendall.
“As Buck Would Have It, Part 1”
Buck Oliver receives an anonymous message that leads him back to his hometown of Harlanville - and the forgotten story of his father’s death.
“As Buck Would Have It, Part 2”
Buck and Jules learn more of Buck’s family history from a long-lost relative while Eugene and Katrina consider Buck’s future in their family.
“As Buck Would Have It, Part 3”
Buck’s place in Odyssey and with the Meltsners is put to the test through unlikely friends and foes.
We also have an updated album summary.
Just as Buck Oliver is finally settling into a comfortable life in Odyssey, an out-of-the-blue message arrives that may lead him far from home. Buck’s father left behind more of a history than anyone suspected. Could a map from the past determine Buck’s future? On another life-changing journey, Olivia has a new imaginary friend – a philosopher named Leonid – who is smart, interesting, and so talkative. Olivia is now doubting everything and everyone. Will her relationships with the folks at Whit’s End be broken? Will Leonid’s deception convince Olivia to abandon her faith once and for all? Futures hang in the balance as friendships and families face incredible challenges in Adventures in Odyssey Album 72: The Long Road Home.
Here are my thoughts:
This makes me even more excited for this album. One episode I'm most looking forward to is "Judge Me Tender", because it features Jules and Bridget meeting for the first time. This is something which I have thought about before, so I'm glad that there's an episode about it. I'm very interested in seeing how Jules and Bridget will interact. And if Buck Oliver will also appear with them. A meetup of the three teenagers in Odyssey sounds interesting (and disastrous).

As far as the "As Buck Would Have It" three-parter, I'm wondering if this will be the episode which was mentioned in the December 15, 2020 episode of the Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast, where it was mentioned that there is an episode in the works that will answer the question of whether the Meltsners will adopt Buck. Sounds interesting. I wonder who this long-lost relative of Buck is. An uncle? A cousin? Or will it turn out that Buck's parents are really alive?

I'm also wondering why the summary for "As Buck Would Have It, Part 2" says specifically that "Buck and Jules" learn more of Buck's family history. Is Eugene not with them? I'm going to predict now that Buck and Jules ran away to Harlanville together to investigate without Connie or Eugene's permission. I bet Buck is hesitant to go, but Jules convinces him to do it. Sounds like just the kind of thing they would do, considering all the trouble Jules causes with Buck. :noway:
Bob wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:02 pm

Now, AIOWiki claims in the trivia section that Eugene is 6'2, and he describes himself as 'tall'; if this is true, this would mean that either the album art isn't well-synced with the episode information, or that Connie and Jules are both unusually tall, or both
This makes sense. I generally imagine all the Odyssey characters to be tall, except for the kids and that Whit is taller than everyone. I think that Connie and Jules are about the same height. I'm not sure where AIOWiki got the information that Eugene is 6'2, but I do seem to recall seeing a picture of some of the Odyssey characters lined up together standing next to a height chart somewhere on one of the Official Sites. I can't remember where it was, though. But it seems accurate. It's a subject worth discussing further; we should create a topic about character heights.

Album 72 will begin releasing on the Adventures in Odyssey Club on December 16. I look forward to hearing it! :yes:

Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

The Lost One, Part 1 airs on the radio on December 4, and The Lost One, Part 2 airs on December 11 of this year, which I'm really excited about. Unfortunately, those are the only episodes from album 72 that air on the radio this year.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Does anyone know what the schedule for releasing the album on the club is? Like will they start releasing the episodes that come after The Lost One the week after December 11th?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:41 pm
Does anyone know what the schedule for releasing the album on the club is? Like will they start releasing the episodes that come after The Lost One the week after December 11th?
Just checked the Wiki main page, which says "As (?) would have it part 1" will be released on January 6th. (taken out of context it seems a bit ironic due to what happened on the last Jan 6th)