#951 Final Minutes

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

#951 Final Minutes

The last episode of 28 Hours! Here are a few random thoughts. I've only heard the episode once, so my apologies if all these notes are in a random order.
So, most interesting of all is that the Chairman wasn't caught! I'm actually happy that the entire Novacom saga wasn't wrapped up in just 6 episodes. That would have seemed too rushed. Here's to hoping that there is an aftermath episode in Album 74! :pray:

Speaking of aftermath, I found the last scene to be disorienting. The last we heard of Jason, he almost died during brain surgery and then suddenly, he's back, arguing with Connie again like in "Morning." Sure, a large amount of time passed between these scenes, but it makes the episode feel less like "28 Hours" because this scene obviously was more than 28 hours later... Sorry if that didn't make sense; I'm not sure how to explain it.

And I'm still not very happy about Jillian and Jason. We figured that they were intended to get together before this album, but everything in this album seems waaay too convenient: "You're an agent, Jason? So am I!! You get nudges from God? So do I, because I've been a Christian this whole time and never told anyone!!" :roll: Perhaps I should make a separate topic about this.

But overall, I enjoyed this episode and album.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:16 pm
The last episode of 28 Hours! Here are a few random thoughts. I've only heard the episode once, so my apologies if all these notes are in a random order.
So, most interesting of all is that the Chairman wasn't caught! I'm actually happy that the entire Novacom saga wasn't wrapped up in just 6 episodes. That would have seemed too rushed. Here's to hoping that there is an aftermath episode in Album 74! :pray:

Speaking of aftermath, I found the last scene to be disorienting. The last we heard of Jason, he almost died during brain surgery and then suddenly, he's back, arguing with Connie again like in "Morning." Sure, a large amount of time passed between these scenes, but it makes the episode feel less like "28 Hours" because this scene obviously was more than 28 hours later... Sorry if that didn't make sense; I'm not sure how to explain it.

And I'm still not very happy about Jillian and Jason. We figured that they were intended to get together before this album, but everything in this album seems waaay too convenient: "You're an agent, Jason? So am I!! You get nudges from God? So do I, because I've been a Christian this whole time and never told anyone!!" :roll: Perhaps I should make a separate topic about this.

But overall, I enjoyed this episode and album.
first, is it just me, or was the chairman in more episodes here than the entire novacom saga. interesting to learn he's really a colonel or something in congress. We also learn that he'll go to some extreme lengths to achieve his goals, or a petty grudge (he refused to stop the bomb and spare several hundred lives, for the sole reason that Whit would be killed). it would explains why he would have his own helicopter, yet not be traced. it doesn't explain his use of mind control tech though. You'd think someone in his position would already be able to get what he needs. I hope it's not another 20 years before we hear from the chairman again. Also reckon that "it's over, for now" might be the team's unofficial catch-phase for him (it's also said more aggressively. last time he sounded annoyed, but this time he's really peeved).

On the subject of Jason after his surgery, I think Odyssey recovery times must be as advanced as their technology (Eugene and Leonard were both out of hospital the day after their kidney transplant). I also don't think Jason's one for hospitals. As for him and Jillian, I'm going to leave that to the writers.

After hearing the episode I came up with an idea of who takes who's role from Novacom: Sky Feldstein is Monica, Dr Rusk is Arthur Dent (he's against blowing up the hospital when there's no longer a reason to, asking about the innocent people inside), Devici is Mr Charles, Lily Graham is Eugene and Jillian is Mitch. there were also no deaths this time (though Jason came close).
Not much else to say for the moment, except that I did very much enjoy it.