#3 Gifts for Madge and Guy

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.

How do you rate this episode?

1 cup of eggnog
No votes
2 cups of eggnog
No votes
3 cups of eggnog
50%
4 cups of eggnog
50%
5 cups of eggnog
No votes

Total votes: 2

Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

#3 Gifts for Madge and Guy

Summary: Whit tells the people in Whit's End a story about Madge and Guy, who are willing to sacrifice their most treasured possessions for one another.

As the first AIO Christmas episode, a lot of things werr "established" in this episode. Whit uses a real tree for Whit's End. He also tops said tree with a star. It's so interesting the perspective you have when you listen as an adut versus as a kid. For example, when I first heard this episode, I had no idea what eggnog was. Now, I gotta have it every Christmas. Connie mentions using a credit card at Christmas, which is a good way to get in a world of trouble.

What would $1.87 buy back then? Now days you are lucky if that buys a soda. Madge & Guy paid car insurance and then sold the car. :lol: It's nice to hear Walker Edmiston featured as not only Tom, but Mr. Fishbine. It's interesting hearing Guy's reaction to the haircut. Maybe that's one reason why he married her. As a man myself, I can only imagine that long hair is quite the hassle. But, I find long hair pretty. You should see my reaction to a coworker chopping off multiple inches. :anxious:

The episode does have some cheesy moments. But, overall, it's a great fun Christmas show.