Please Adjust Your Frequency

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Please Adjust Your Frequency

So, what did everyone think of this episode?
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I liked it!
The actor for Buddy, Stuart Allan, first mentioned this episode during a recent interview on the Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast. I was surprised that it has appeared in Album 71.

I thought that this episode would pick up from where “The Team” left off. As it turned out, it didn’t. It’s an entirely separate episode, not related to the Rydell Saga. I had thought the entirety of Album 71 would be about Emily. Although it wasn’t what I expected, I still liked it!

This is the 5th episode to be written by Abigail Geiger, the new writer for Odyssey. I liked it and think that this her best one yet. It was a unique episode. Buddy, Zoe, and Jay all recording a show was pretty fun to hear. But I was confused as to where this episode takes place. Were they using the Kids’ Radio studio? A few times Jay said that the show was brought to you by, “JZB Radio”, or something like that. Kids’ Radio wasn’t mentioned.:?

Apparently, Jay has another cousin we’ve never heard of: Vincent. I wish he’d had some dialogue. It felt a little strange to have a character who doesn’t say anything in an episode.

The part with Vincent doing random sound effects was hilarious! I especially liked Jay’s line, “Excuse my, uh… cow…” :lol: I couldn’t stop laughing.

The music was good here. Looks like we have a new regular composer for Odyssey. This is the second episode which the music was done by Tyler Michael Smith. The first episode he did the music for was “Search for a Sunflower”, and I think it was really good in both episodes. :clap:

The kids recorded 4 different endings for their show. I’m curious to know which ending everyone liked best. Was the way Buddy re-wrote it at the end the proper way to end it? Personally, I thought Buddy’s first ending, where Dee sold the ring herself and was lying about the ring being stolen, was the best.
That’s all I’ll say for now. I need to hear it a few more times, but I must say that it was a good episode!
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Polehaus53 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:41 am
I liked it!
The actor for Buddy, Stuart Allan, first mentioned this episode during a recent interview on the Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast. I was surprised that it has appeared in Album 71.

I thought that this episode would pick up from where “The Team” left off. As it turned out, it didn’t. It’s an entirely separate episode, not related to the Rydell Saga. I had thought the entirety of Album 71 would be about Emily. Although it wasn’t what I expected, I still liked it!

This is the 5th episode to be written by Abigail Geiger, the new writer for Odyssey. I liked it and think that this her best one yet. It was a unique episode. Buddy, Zoe, and Jay all recording a show was pretty fun to hear. But I was confused as to where this episode takes place. Were they using the Kids’ Radio studio? A few times Jay said that the show was brought to you by, “JZB Radio”, or something like that. Kids’ Radio wasn’t mentioned.:?

Apparently, Jay has another cousin we’ve never heard of: Vincent. I wish he’d had some dialogue. It felt a little strange to have a character who doesn’t say anything in an episode.

The part with Vincent doing random sound effects was hilarious! I especially liked Jay’s line, “Excuse my, uh… cow…” :lol: I couldn’t stop laughing.

The music was good here. Looks like we have a new regular composer for Odyssey. This is the second episode which the music was done by Tyler Michael Smith. The first episode he did the music for was “Search for a Sunflower”, and I think it was really good in both episodes. :clap:

The kids recorded 4 different endings for their show. I’m curious to know which ending everyone liked best. Was the way Buddy re-wrote it at the end the proper way to end it? Personally, I thought Buddy’s first ending, where Dee sold the ring herself and was lying about the ring being stolen, was the best.
That’s all I’ll say for now. I need to hear it a few more times, but I must say that it was a good episode!
This episode seemed weird and good at the same time. it felt like it was written as a live episode, but was extended to a full length episode. Also I agree that even though it did seem a little cliché to me, the first ending worked best, I might have to list to the end again, as i thought I'd need to adjust MY frequency to understand it. lastly, I'm glad they toned down the thing Jay has about Zoe, but I do believe that just about everyone is over it.
Woobou
Vanilla

”Madame if I weren’t paralyzed by your beauty I would slap you in face with tea cake.”
😂😂😂
Lime jello. Carburetors. Fresh stick anti-perspirant. Ant farms. Sea monkeys. Cheese.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

I liked this episode. It was unique and probably safe to say unexpected. I didn't realize this would be the episode Stuart Allan mentioned in his recent podcast interview, so that was an interesting surprise.
I definitely agree that the Jay-Zoe thing is getting old, but at least it wasn't so bad in this episode.
I do look forward to seeing where the Jay-Buddy friendship goes. They are probably one of my favorite current character combos.

Current rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.
"I've been meaning to break that...."
:lol:
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."