The Rydell Revevlations

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Carl wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:58 am
Bren wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:25 pm
I'm left with more questions than answers after part 1.
1: Is it possible the technology from FFTT is similar to The Inspiration Station radio?

2: Could this be tied to Novacom? Getting Jared witness protection vibes.

3:

4: Where does Japan fit in? Suzu and Mrs Maydo both have accents. What is so important about Japan that warrants apparent kidnapping

5: If Morrie really saw the Emily and Suzu confrontation, who or what had Suzu so scared?
Phil Lollar confirmed that Morrie is not connected to Novacom.
Yeah, the team did confirm it has nothing to do with Novacom but I see where you're coming from there (totally got some Jared vibes as well!). It'd be neat if Whit or Eugene mentioned or referenced Novacom at some point if they get around to explaining the cobble box in more detail. Because I mean, just cause WE all know it's not Novacom doesn't mean they do. But eh, I really won't mind if it doesn't come up at all.
Is Morrie playing out his real life kidnapping in FFTT?

This is a really cool idea! It would give FFTT a ton of playback value!
Peachey Keen wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:13 pm
Perhaps someone trashed Suzu's rooms searching for her notebook. She seems awfully protective of it. Maybe she has been keeping notes on what's been going on, much like Jellyfish in Darkness Before Dawn.
I tried to keep my expectations down for these episodes after FFTT but had a hard time doing that. I'm glad my expectations were much more than just met. The music was amazing and the recap of past events was very craftily done. Next Tuesday can't come fast enough!
I think you're onto something there. Suzu's notebook is definitely going to be a player
Haha yeah, I was trying really hard to not get too pumped but this first part was :yes: \:D/ :clap: :mad: :jason 8)
*Finger guns aggressively*
Carl
Caramel Crunch

MonkeyDude wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:02 am
Carl wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:58 am
Bren wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:25 pm
I'm left with more questions than answers after part 1.
1: Is it possible the technology from FFTT is similar to The Inspiration Station radio?

2: Could this be tied to Novacom? Getting Jared witness protection vibes.

3:

4: Where does Japan fit in? Suzu and Mrs Maydo both have accents. What is so important about Japan that warrants apparent kidnapping

5: If Morrie really saw the Emily and Suzu confrontation, who or what had Suzu so scared?
Phil Lollar confirmed that Morrie is not connected to Novacom.
Yeah, the team did confirm it has nothing to do with Novacom but I see where you're coming from there (totally got some Jared vibes as well!). It'd be neat if Whit or Eugene mentioned or referenced Novacom at some point if they get around to explaining the cobble box in more detail. Because I mean, just cause WE all know it's not Novacom doesn't mean they do. But eh, I really won't mind if it doesn't come up at all.
Is Morrie playing out his real life kidnapping in FFTT?

This is a really cool idea! It would give FFTT a ton of playback value!
Peachey Keen wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:13 pm
Perhaps someone trashed Suzu's rooms searching for her notebook. She seems awfully protective of it. Maybe she has been keeping notes on what's been going on, much like Jellyfish in Darkness Before Dawn.
I tried to keep my expectations down for these episodes after FFTT but had a hard time doing that. I'm glad my expectations were much more than just met. The music was amazing and the recap of past events was very craftily done. Next Tuesday can't come fast enough!
I think you're onto something there. Suzu's notebook is definitely going to be a player
Haha yeah, I was trying really hard to not get too pumped but this first part was :yes: \:D/ :clap: :mad: :jason 8)
I don't know if I can wait another six days!
Buckles shipper. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Do you guys think that Mrs. Maydo is the person this quote from FFTT is referring too?
Questions are good when asked of the right people. People are good when making a truthful choice. The wrong questions to the wrong people can be a choice gone wrong.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

MonkeyDude wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:51 am
Do you guys think that Mrs. Maydo is the person this quote from FFTT is referring too?
Questions are good when asked of the right people. People are good when making a truthful choice. The wrong questions to the wrong people can be a choice gone wrong.
Could be!!

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?

djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

I just heard part 1 today so I didn't to to wait as long between parts . I've read the theories and ideas so far, and thought I'd add a few ideas.
Please note that these are thoughts and theories, not my personal opinions.
We know that this involves Morrie, Whit (or his technology), 2 mysterious women and that there seems to be a running theme of morals.
What's the point of Morrie coming to whit, was it to throw him off track, or is he part of something deeper then he first realized and needs help.
What if Morrie's role is similar to Richard Maxwell or Buck, Morrie is not the real mastermind, but is trying to get something from Whit for someone else, his motovation being either threats or the promise of a reward.
Either Morrie or Suzu seem to know more than the other, but they both seem to know the same as of this episode, due to the way they react.
What if Mrs Maydo and Anya Popov are the same person?
what if someone in japan (their father?) is after whit's technology, and knows Whit won't give it to them, but Whit will be less suspicious of a kid, so is using one or both of the Rydells.
Mrs Maydo said their mother is dead, but Suzu says that isn't true, and there is a 'Mrs Rydell" listed on the Wiki. She also states that emily shouldn't have talked to Mrs Maydo.
Whit reveals he doesn't believe morrie and tells him he knows the reason(s) why he's been doing all this.
What if Emily and Suzu 'faked' the video to try and get Morrie to confess.
according to the Offical podcast, this is the end of a chapter, not the saga.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Some thoughts I had throughout part 2. Crossposted from the ToO
Yes Whit!! What an icon! Bust that boi! Ok, the scene with Whit grilling Morrie on all the incidents in the past and Morrie just saying "Yes." gave me chills. I love the desperation Atticus Shaffer conveys in that scene as well.

"Well, you're the spy! You tell me!? Where have you been??" Sassy Morrie is best Morrie.

Holy cow. Whit knows all. I love that whenever they reveal an answer about Whit's past it usually just brings up more questions.

Dang, Raymond kiiiiinda stinks.

Wait, is this whole thing Morrie trying to get back at/get his dad's attention?

Morrie and Suzu are the dynamic duo of distastertm

That's really interesting about Morrie's mobility issue though. A nice detail.

holycowholycowholycowholycow WOOAH SUZU AHHAHHAAHHHAH! Is Morrie setting her up or is she really behind it??? *confused screaming*

Suzu is a kleptomaniac confirmed.

musicmusicmusicmusic IS SO GOOD! #JaredForPresident2020

This is all really interesting if it's true. Like, 'let's test these kid's Christian values by fake suffocating them lol'

I definitely think someone is lying here. There's more to this.

WONDERWORLD YESYESYESYESYES!!!! THIS MADE ME SO INDESCRIBABLE HAPPY

Man, is Emily ok though? Like we haven't heard from her at all.

Morrie's philosophy though ahahaha! Manipulation is the key.

TASHA. TASHASHASHASHASHASHDHASHSADAUOHFSEOIFHALXOJIXIJEIOXjeojo
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Phil Lollar is the only one who would think to bring back Tasha.

MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

True dat.

So immediately after part 2, I went back to the end of 'The Key Suspect' to see if I remembered right and I actually did believe it or not. In the last couple minutes Suzu tells Morrie that the riddle seemed too clever for Dion and seems like genuinely innocent and unknowing, which doesn't really make sense if she helped him open all the lockers. This would make (more) sense with the idea that the episodes were produced without an endgame in mind, but still. I know she already admitted to having a hand in all this but I really don't think she is as guilty as Morrie says.

Don't get me wrong, Suzu is definitely involved. Maybe the mastermind even. But Morrie is lying about that particular incident.

(or Morrie and Suzu just talk to eachother very, very crypitically about things they are both already aware of, which, to be honest I wouldn't put past them *shrug*)

(I just reallyreallyreally hope it isn't a goof)
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

I Knew there had to be a reason it was called "the Rydell Revilations", why call it that if Morrie isn't the sole culprit. I also liked the reveals in this episode, it kind of makes it satisfying enough to not be on edge for the last part.
She talks about a special place
me: what Wonderworld maybe?
Msrs Mado: a tree in the woods with a house in it
me: wait it is wonderworld?
Whit: wonder world!
me: Aaaaaaah Yeees!!
Tasha is back!!!!??? wait? Forbes? so she isn't married yet, interesting...
(of course! this is what Tasha deals with) Morrie and/or Suzu probably leaked something, and she and Whit put two and two together.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

I don't know what to think about this episode
It was nice to hear about the Rydell family and how they got to Odyssey.
But I felt like there were a lot of things that don't add up in this episode.

Morrie is admitting everything (even the illegal things) that he did and Whit doesn't seem very concerned.
Did Suzu or Morrie come up with the locker 'game'? If Suzu was the one who thought of it, then why did Morrie admit that he did it at the beginning of the episode?
Did Whit know about the entire escape room scheme? ("Why do you think I was there?") If so, I'd think he would put a stop to it, because...poor Matthew and Emily.
Why isn't Whit more worried about Emily's 'kidnapping'? I think he and Tasha know where she is. Perhaps we'll find out that the entire thing was set up to make Morrie admit what he's done.
(I almost jumped out of my seat when I heard Tasha's name. I didn't see the info on Aiowiki, so I was clueless. They should have been that surprising with Mr. Skint...)
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Carl
Caramel Crunch

So I have two Tasha Forbes theories No.1 is more probable and No.2 is less.

No.1: Tasha was investigating the Rydell's in Japan because of the "under goings" at the embassy.
No.2: The "under goings" have something to do with terrorism, since ,as I remember, Tasha mainly deals in terrorism cases. If I'm right I'll literally scream. :pray:

Woobou
Vanilla

To be honest, I thought this episode was a little boring. Because it’s taken 3 years for this moment, AIO had to play major catch up which slowed the storyline. Hoping part 3 will wrap it up and be as satisfying as part 1.
Lime jello. Carburetors. Fresh stick anti-perspirant. Ant farms. Sea monkeys. Cheese.
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

Maybe the real reason that Tasha is back is because she's trying to get Jillian away from Jason. ;)

Seriously though, even though I liked hearing her back, I wish it wasn't a tie back to another saga. I was hoping the Rydell Saga would stand out on its own like Blackgaard, Novacom, and the GRC.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Peachey Keen wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:04 am
Maybe the real reason that Tasha is back is because she's trying to get Jillian away from Jason. ;)

Seriously though, even though I liked hearing her back, I wish it wasn't a tie back to another saga. I was hoping the Rydell Saga would stand out on its own like Blackgaard, Novacom, and the GRC.
Yeah, I agree. That would be funny if she did come back for Jason, I wonder if we will get Jason in part three, or maybe Tasha will stick around for a while. ;)

Woobou
Vanilla

UH OH UH OH!
Did anyone else catch the “may be more spies in Odyssey” and then the whole “don’t tell Jason” thing?! Is Jillian a suspect?!
Lime jello. Carburetors. Fresh stick anti-perspirant. Ant farms. Sea monkeys. Cheese.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Woobou wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:03 pm
UH OH UH OH!
Did anyone else catch the “may be more spies in Odyssey” and then the whole “don’t tell Jason” thing?! Is Jillian a suspect?!
Yo this would make me pretty happy haha!
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Woobou wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:03 pm
UH OH UH OH!
I think he'd freak out due to all the damage she's caused! But Tasha was probably working with other agents, and knew Jason wouldn't be happy if he found out what he missed, or that Tasha and Whit had another little adventure without him!

also, I thought the ending with Emily was a bit 'deja vu' of her and Buck the end of Green Ring.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

I like to think Tasha didn't wanna rehash what can't be.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Bren wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:36 pm
I like to think Tasha didn't wanna rehash what can't be.
Yeah, I think you nailed it.

What did you guys think of the ending?
With Whit taking in Morrie and Suzu
Personally, there are a couple of things in this episode that irk me but I really, really love where everything ends up. Monica Stone over on the ToO put it really well after part 2.
Monica Stone wrote:Oh my goodness, the scenes between Morrie and Whit were great. Especially that last one before they stumble upon Tasha (who just happens to be at Wonderworld...hmm). I want them to continue with these amazing conversations I thoroughly love them \:D/ Morrie and Whit could be better foils than Blackgaard and Whit; who knows? I realize that sounds like a bold statement, but Whit and Blackgaard ended up being enemies more so than foils. The scene where Morrie and Whit are walking to Wonderworld...that scene encapsulates the definition of literary foils.

Morrie is someone who can actually challenge Whit and I can't even put into words how much I dig that.
I really love the dynamic between Whit and Morrie. It feels like a really fresh and new thing for Whit, which could actually provide him dare I say development :anxious: . Suzu is also extremely interesting to me, especially since it turns out (at least for now) that Morrie wasn't lying about her role in everything.
jonnydollar
Vanilla

Perhaps I'm alone in this but I felt pretty "meh" about the whole thing. 🤷‍♂️

Audio Theatre Central Podcast
"Exploring Family Friendly Audio Drama"
http://www.AudioTheatreCentral.com
twitter.com/ATCcast