# 809 Fathers and Sons

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Chocolate Chip

# 809 Fathers and Sons

Has anyone else heard this episode yet ? I liked it . Now we have heard Wilson Knox twice , I wonder if we will hear from Charlotte . It contained a story that is an urban legend and has been in chicken soup for the soul .
It was nice to see Jason work on a mystery again , and it was nice to see him join. The others at the end.

Are they saying Jason was born in 1979 now ? That would make him 15 when he started working at Whit's End in 1994. Odyssey is truly really in a time all it's own . But it would make him in his late 30':'s.
Last edited by Jimmy Barclay Fan on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I too enjoyed this episode. 62 has really been amazing so far! I loved the Pool Boys bring back! But yeah this episode is really strong and I loved the moral!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I physically moaned aloud twice while listening to this. Super cliche and felt like AIO has done this way too many times before. Mysteries like these can be interesting, but this time, I really was not feeling it. AIO recently has been doing these 5 episodes of a story-arc and then one off-episode where they introduce mystery and conflict between random characters we don't care about and it resolves in one episode and it's gone. AIO has done this before and succeeded, but it just seems random and too often for my taste.

Jason sounds a lot older, does he not? And I honestly couldn't tell the difference between Whit's bro-in-law and Mr. Jones... but maybe that was just me.

Also, I thought it was one of the brother's that said their birthday was in '79. Which would make a whole lot more sense. =p
xo eht haiasi-
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I loved how they brought up the pool boys! I was so happy to see them referencing past episodes.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

I kinda agree, Ox but thats Odyessy! Its the town we have ll grown to love and adore. And it was kinda like they had done it before but, it is played out in a new way with different characters. So did I Belle! :D
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I thought this was an okay episode, but like Ox said, they've done this soooooo many times it's gotten a bit old... So I basically was able to predict the whole episode as I was listening to it... Anyway, it's better than a few of the newer ones I've heard.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games