Why the Lost Episodes Should Never Have Been Lost

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:But in "The Telltale Cat" Tom appears a few moments later and saves Fluffyface.
FLUFFLYFACE. NEVER. DIED. TOM. SAVED. HIM. So, why would this episode be banned if Fluffyface never died?
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

TigerShadow wrote: Here's the problem with that, though—Justine was murdered by adults who were obviously villains, and were characterized as such from the beginning (Bennett Charles is name-dropped). David is a child who is meant to be seen as a good kid. It's a lot more disturbing coming from someone who's supposed to be a good kid than from someone who's meant to be an evil adult.

I'm not saying that the show has never done anything so disturbing before—let's not forget that Regis Blackgaard tells Abdul to commit murder-suicide at the end of "A Name, Not A Number, Part 2", and attempts to do the same to Jack at the end of "The Final Conflict". The show has covered disturbing things before. But it hasn't had children—at least, good children—doing those disturbing things, at least to my knowledge. I can see why some people wouldn't have a problem with it, but there's still a dissonance between what villains can get away with and what protagonists can get away with, and I think that's part of why the episode was pulled.
-emphasis mine-

Even if the cat was saved, it still sounds like a pretty scary scene that might have hit too close to home for young listeners. (And I'd like to point out that this is all pretty much hearsay anyway; that episode hasn't been aired in ten years.) Ultimately, it was pulled. End of story.

Ameraka: It's not on OAC; there are several episodes that weren't just pulled from official albums, but were also not even aired after around 2003 at all. "The Telltale Cat" is one of them.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:FLUFFLYFACE. NEVER. DIED. TOM. SAVED. HIM. So, why would this episode be banned if Fluffyface never died?
Because having a kid showing psychopathic tendencies and literally trying to murder someone's pet is a bit heavy for AiO? It doesn't matter if the cat dies or not, because David clearly wanted to kill it and tried to do so.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

The whole episode was a parody of the poem "The Telltale Heart"
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

I found The Telltale Cat and some other unreleased adventures in Odyssey episodes on this website, here’s the link , https://archive.org/details/adventures ... lete.-2020
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

I do think that some of these episodes should be swapped with other episodes (ie, train ride instead of Sixties-something)Ttrain Ride is actually referenced in "Waylaid in the Windy CIty" when Whit mentions bringing Eugene on a trip to Chicago previously. also
Bananareader wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:48 am
I found The Telltale Cat and some other unreleased adventures in Odyssey episodes on this website, here’s the link , https://archive.org/details/adventures ... lete.-2020
checking Internet Archive: I wonder if there's any Odyssey episodes on here, even just a couple of the animated episodes.
next checks AIO scoop and finds link: IT"S A-ALL OF THEM??!!!!!! Even the two Eugene Sings albums???!!!! "dies"
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

Unfortunately that link doesn't go to anything now! :evil:
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Bananareader wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:25 pm
Unfortunately that link doesn't go to anything now! :evil:
NOOOOOO!!!! (so now there's no episodes on the site whatsoever, just a Disney podcast interview with Katie)