Best Scenes In Odyssey History

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Best Scenes In Odyssey History

What do you think the best scenes in Odyssey history are? I mean, the ones that are so convincingly emotional, real, and touching, just special scenes.

Some of mine would be young Lucia talking to Juan in "Never For Nothing" After Esperanza dies.

Connie talking to her Mom when she finds of she's died in "Life Expectancy"

Digger Digwillow talking about Jesus in "The Imagination Station"
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Chocolate Chip

Jack telling Connie about Emily in A Question about Tasha.

Whit and Connie praying in Connie part 2.

Karen saying goodbye to Donna.

Jimmy, Nagel and the revelation in Someone to watch over me.
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

When Eugene sees his whole life flash before his eyes in the imagination nation station and then everyone keeps showing up so he can become a Christian!
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote: Jimmy, Nagel and the revelation in Someone to watch over me.
Definitely. That's my favorite episode and mostly for that reason.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Smaug
Chocolate Chip

I really love the scene in Exit when Tom shuts off the Imagination Station and we hear all the previous adventures playing back, as the machine slowly powers down. It's such a great ending to that awesome climax.

Too many other great scenes to even count. One that I remember listening to with tears in my eyes was George and Donna bonding from The Barclay Family Ski Vacation. But then father/daughter moments tend to get me emotional. :P
DredgeAmazing
Cookies & Creme

Evrett learns the truth in "The Top Floor III"
LIVE in color, but 1968 color nonetheless
--A very misguided Panasonic viewer
TigerShadow wrote:
I think Disney should focus on making their line more ethnically diverse instead of focusing on more white girls.
I know Martin is smiling down.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Jason and Whit saying goodbye at the end of GRC.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

When everyone comforts Connie in LIfe expectancy
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Jason and Dale at the end of the Labyrinth.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Blitz wrote:Jason and Dale at the end of the Labyrinth.
YASSSSSSS...That's mah favorite episode ^_^ But on a totally unrelated note...I love the part when Nick and Lisa are talking about working with animals and going with the flow in "Viva la Difference" it's a classic "Nick moment'" =P
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Helios
Butter Pecan

The part out of "In Everything Give Thanks" where Hector beats up that bully. :twisted:
Eanrin
Chocolate Chip

Once I get started I may never stop. :P I love the scene with Tom in the Imagination Station at the end of Exit, as well as the one in the IS with Eugene in The Time Has Come. The crucifixion scene in The Imagination Station, Revisited is really good, too. I think one of the most powerful moments in Odyssey is in The Mortal Coil, where Connie and Eugene talk about Eugene's experience with the life after death program.

In Plan B, Crossfire (I think? So many Plan B episodes!), I really like the scene where Whit and Connie are talking about God filling in all the things we wish we would have said. I also love the moment at the end of Home, Sweet Home where Connie finally manages to catch up to Whit.

The funeral for Connie's grandmother in Where Is Thy Sting? is really moving. The scene in The Underground Railroad, where Henry is talking to Caroline about their house up North is absolutely beautiful; I especially love the music in that scene. And finally, this list would not be complete without mentioning Jenny's death in Recollections.

SO MANY FAVORITE SCENES. And I know I forgot some, too. :mad:
Last edited by Eanrin on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways of my own mind;
and in the mist of tears I hid from Him
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Novacom has so many good advice parts.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Blitz...How is that a best scene in Odyssey History? o_0

I really liked the part/scene in Malachi's Message where he changes up the phone call in the end so that it'd be as if he never was there. To me it's as close to the truth as us as humans will be able to understand the ways of God, and it makes me happy for some reason =P
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

When Dalton says to Everett, "I never regretted a moment with you" in 'The Top Floor III'.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

aragtaghooligan wrote:When Eugene sees his whole life flash before his eyes in the imagination nation station and then everyone keeps showing up so he can become a Christian!
:yes: I get chills every time I listen to this episode. Especially when Whit calls in at the end.
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

That scene where Leonard Melstner is flashing back to his marriage with Thelma. 10/10
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

There are so many good scenes....But my favorite are:

Tom shuts off the imagination station in 'Exit'

The end of 'Malachi's Message'

Eugene in the imagination station in 'The Time has Come'

And for some reason, I really love when Edwin says "Our Home and our dream, Odyssey" in 'A Class Reenactment'

And there are soooo many others.....But I'll spare you the boredom.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

I really want to revive this topic because I re-listened to a lot of album 49 today ("A New Era", "The Highest Stakes", "Life in the Third Person") while cooking and baking today. Album 49 probably wasn't the best idea because I forgot how utterly emotional those episodes make me. In general, Odyssey pulls at my emotions rather frequently. Odyssey has many incredible episodes, but even more incredible scenes. And since I'm still dwelling over the episodes I heard and their powerful emotions, I wanted to revive this thread. Some of the scenes I'm about to talk about have been mentioned in previous replies.

Connie talks to her mom shortly after her death in "Life Expectancy." This scene is hands down the most emotional scene in Odyssey for me. I legitimately can't get through it without crying my eyes out. It's so simple but so emotionally effective. The script is so tragic ("Did I tell you that I love you? I don't remember...") and so real. Katie Leigh blows it out of the water with Connie's emotions. It hurts to hear, which is a testament to how well-done it is.

The last two scenes of "The Highest Stakes." Underrated. The perfect bittersweet ending to the two-parter. A refresher: the second-to-last scene features Kristie McKay reading Carson's letter to her kids & the last scene is Kristie and Carson's conversation on the phone. It's so genuine. "You've missed out on so much not seeing your boy grow up to be the person he is now," Kristie tells Carson. It fills ya with a sad feeling of what could have been for the family, but it fills ya with the hope that Carson will take the second chance and finally be the father he was meant to be. I think these scenes are very poignant.

Eugene becomes a Christian in "The Time Has Come." Surprise! Not. This one is spoken of frequently and for good reason. The Imagination Station sequence is powerful and it all ends with Eugene's quiet "Yes." Nuff said.

Gosh, I just want to gush about more touching scenes and how perfect they are, but I'm tired of typing and this is a forum thread, not a blog post ;) I would love to hear from more people on this topic!
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Jonathan
Vanilla

Blitz wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:40 pm
Jason and Dale at the end of the Labyrinth.
That is one of two at the top of my list, the second being the final confrontation between Jack and Dr. Blackgaard