The Search for Whit

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.

Do you like The Search for Whit?

Of course! Love it!
66%
Like it a lot!
29%
Eh, Its okay.
6%
Hate it!
No votes

Total votes: 35

SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I have my BFF who likes AIO, then I have my family and they sorta like AIO, and then there is an older guy at church who has been listening on the radio and yesterday he told me "I think it's funny how that girl likes that guy" (Connie likes Mitch) :lol:
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

LOL! My dad used to LOVE AIO when he was a kid but the other night he asked me while we were listening: Who's Mitch :o a little while later Who's Wooton :o! I survive! ;)
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Yeah while we were listening to the Green Ring Conspiracy as a family my mom said "Who's Katrina?" and I said "Eugene's wife." and she said "She sounds too old for Eugene!" :lol:
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

SparkyHappyGiraffe wrote:Yeah while we were listening to the Green Ring Conspiracy as a family my mom said "Who's Katrina?" and I said "Eugene's wife." and she said "She sounds too old for Eugene!" :lol:
LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

The Search for Whit was one of the first action/adventure episodes that I listened to and wasn't scared of as a kid. I loved listening to it even though I didn't understand everything when I was younger, or what the significance of the Q Document was. Listening to the Search for Whit again, later in life (wow I sound old), made me realize certain elements or find different parts funny.

I really like Search for Whit.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Jesus ROSE from the dead. They should NOT look for his bones. I rated it as good but now as I listen to it
again I have 2nd thoughts. JESUS ROSE!!!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

One of my favorites! It has Jason in it, so, of course. :)

I think that was the point of the episode. That Jesus rose. Even if the evidence seems to point to the contrary, we still have to have faith that he IS alive. And in the end, it was only 'a coffin full of jars' and a 'big fat first-century deception' (to quote the episode. ;) )

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Ya I hadn't listened th the end when I posted that. But they should have thought that Jesus rose.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

HannahJ. wrote:LOL! My dad used to LOVE AIO when he was a kid but the other night he asked me while we were listening: Who's Mitch :o a little while later Who's Wooton :o! I survive! ;)
You are the endurer! You are! Really!
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Hooray for us endurers!We don't have a life, but we have Odyssey, and that's the next best thing.
Dolphin, it was only natural for Eugene to doubt, especially being a new Christian. We should applaud this bold episode for digging into some uncomfortable issues. Many Christians do question Jesus' divinity.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

Sadly I know quite a few people who have walked away from the faith because of this important element missing! It is very important to teach it, especially to kids, so that when they grow up this seed will have grown, and there will be no room for doubt.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
~Cowgirl Forever~
Chocolate Chip

Wretched Sinner wrote:
HannahJ. wrote:Its hard cause there like "So?" or Great um...

I know. Like I'm like "I have over 20 AIO albums" and they go "great um...." Anyway. I am training my little brother to grow up loving Odyssey at the early age of 5. He already knows how to say "Mr. Whittaker" only it comes out as "mifter wikakaker
SOOOO cute!!!!
sing
Raspberry Ripple

The search for Whit is a medium for me. But it is a pretty good one, and I like their willingness to talk about some tough subjects

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Fantastic episode. The whole thing about Alfred Brownley running both the Simposium and 1st Things was a little anticlimatic for me, but over all, great introduction to the "new Whit".
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.