New or Old?

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

I appreciate the middle episodes, aka old, where odyssey finally got the stories down doing Novacom, Blackgaard, and mystery stories.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I like the ones in the middle. You know, like the 20's and maybe some of the 30's. Those are classic.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Some of you will hate me for this. But the new ones are better in some ways. They are more consitently funny, and the habit of having more than one plot at once makes things more interesting, and allows for characters to appear more often in the shows. And... oh boy, now some of you will want to kill me... But a few of the early ones, though not many, were just plain yawn in places. I'm not saying the Stojka era is better than the two predecessors, but it certainly measures up. The trouble is, once people like a something, and something new with it comes out, they tend to interpret differences and flaws. They miss what was there before, even if what's there now is just as good. If people accept the new AIO, instead of complaining about what's gone, we'll all like it. Yes, we're all terribly, terribly sad Dave Madden and Corey Burton are retired and the great Walker Edmiston is dead, God rest his soul. But those things happen. And the same AIO fans who miss the old plots and old people would probably scream if the plots were too similar or if AIO replaced the voices of the classic characters.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

I like all of them!! It's all odyssey, so why choose?
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:Some of you will hate me for this. But the new ones are better in some ways. They are more consitently funny, and the habit of having more than one plot at once makes things more interesting, and allows for characters to appear more often in the shows. And... oh boy, now some of you will want to kill me... But a few of the early ones, though not many, were just plain yawn in places. I'm not saying the Stojka era is better than the two precessors, but it certainly measure up. The trouble is, once people like a something, and something new with it comes out, they tend to interpret differences and flaws. They miss what was there before, even if what's there now is just as good. If people accept the new AIO, instead of complaining about what's gone, we'll all like it. Yes, we're all terribly, terribly sad Dave Madden and Corey Burton are retired and the great Walker Edmiston is dead, God rest his soul. But those things happen. And the same AIO fans who miss the old plots and old people would probably scream if the plots were too similar or if AIO replaced the voices of the classic characters.
Hey, Pound Foolish. This comment has been mentioned in the U.S.S. Response page on Just Another AIO Blog. Check it out!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well, I'm flattered. Although I notice you didn't mention the one where you savaged my comment on Emily... You two face! ;) Well, I guess we're even now for when i made fun of YOUR comment about Emily, huh? :) But I still like Emily! *defiant pout.* In answer to your suggestion, it's a slight possibility I'll start my own site. But I know zilch about how to do it. And there's already so many excellent sites out there, would people even care about mine? But I'd like to... Long time fan of your site! PLEASE KEEP IT UP!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:Well, I'm flattered. Although I notice you didn't mention the one where you savaged my comment on Emily... You two face! ;) Well, I guess we're even now for when i made fun of YOUR comment about Emily, huh? :) But I still like Emily! *defiant pout.* In answer to your suggestion, it's a slight possibility I'll start my own site. But I know zilch about how to do it. And there's already so many excellent sites out there, would people even care about mine? But I'd like to... Long time fan of your site! PLEASE KEEP IT UP!
I would absolutely care about your site! And I am not a two face! That was quite a low blow. As for your knowing zilch, you don't need to know anything. If you know how to click and know how to type, you can start a blog/website, with either Blogger or Weebly. If you're interested, it's very easy and I would definitely try to get the word out about it. Consider yourself warned though, it's a lot of work, but it pays off!
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

You guys are so rude to eachother. Baha! Anyways, I think the idea of starting a site is great, Pound Foolish. And Mr. Thinker, I might just go check out your site as well. Maybe if I like both of your blogs...I'll post a linky to them on my site sometime.:)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

suzylou wrote:You guys are so rude to eachother. Baha! Anyways, I think the idea of starting a site is great, Pound Foolish. And Mr. Thinker, I might just go check out your site as well. Maybe if I like both of your blogs...I'll post a linky to them on my site sometime.:)
Yes, I think you would love my blog, and if PF makes one, I'm sure you would love it too. I know I would! (See, that's not rude! :D ) And you have a site?!? That is complete news to me. Is it AIO-related?
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

CreativeThinker101 wrote:
suzylou wrote:You guys are so rude to eachother. Baha! Anyways, I think the idea of starting a site is great, Pound Foolish. And Mr. Thinker, I might just go check out your site as well. Maybe if I like both of your blogs...I'll post a linky to them on my site sometime.:)
Yes, I think you would love my blog, and if PF makes one, I'm sure you would love it too. I know I would! (See, that's not rude! :D ) And you have a site?!? That is complete news to me. Is it AIO-related?
That was very un-rude like of you, indeed! Good job, Mr. Thinker! And yes, I do have a site- but its not AIO related, its just a blog about my life and my photography (I'm really into photography, yet I am not very good at it yet) and other tidbits.:D
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

suzylou wrote:
CreativeThinker101 wrote:
That was very un-rude like of you, indeed! Good job, Mr. Thinker! And yes, I do have a site- but its not AIO related, its just a blog about my life and my photography (I'm really into photography, yet I am not very good at it yet) and other tidbits.:D
Cool! Is it too personal of a blog for you to put a link? Don't worry if you can't, I wouldn't give a link out to my very personal blog!
Mr. Smiley
Caramel Crunch

Anyway, getting back to the topic *hint hint* I'd say that, overall, the 'older' episodes would be my favourite. Though I enjoy many of the 'newer' episodes, they just don't seem to hold my interest as well as the 'older' ones do.

BTW... by saying 'newer', you're refering to the albums "Take It From The Top" until the present, right?
S.ure
M.akes
I.t
L.ots
E.asier!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well, I'd still be interested in seeing that, Suzy, if you would be willing to give us the link. ButI'm not rude... YOU BRAT! Well, I'll talk to my parents about starting a site. Who knows, maybe people would like it. The trouble is the time commitment. I'm going to be having my last year of school before college in a few weeks. So it'll probably get put off. I'd hate to start a site and drop it right afterward. But, we'll see.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Hey! So now I'm a brat??? Well, thanks a lot! Maybe I won't share the link to my site. Just kidding, I guess I will...but its rather um, pink and girly. *sheepish grin* I doubt anyone would be interested in it. But anyways...here's the link http://www.suesuesstories.blogspot.com. And like I said, I think it'd be great if you started a site, Pound Foolish! Let us know if you do.
I'll shut up now, by the way...I'm kind of off the topic of this, well, topic.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Mr. Smiley wrote: BTW... by saying 'newer', you're refering to the albums "Take It From The Top" until the present, right?

Mr. Smiley, yes, 'newer' means 2010 and onward Odyssey. I have something that always helps me. It's dividing Adventures in Odyssey into eras.

Classic Era:1987-1996
Herlinger Era:1997-2008
Stojkan Era:2010-Present

I hope that helps.

Also, Suzylou, about your website. Very good, but too girly for my taste. :? You are good at photography,(A lot better than I am), and I like that you have a link to Me4theKing. HannahJ does a good job.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Thank you Old Judge..I did warn you that it was quite girly though. Haha!
By the way, do you mind if I put a linky to your site on my "good reads"? I have quite a few AiO fans on there that might be interested in your site.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Sure. I'd love to have a couple more people to join my elite group of three readers! 8-)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

That's great! I'm sure everyone of my giggly, girly, pink-lovin' followers will be head over heels for your blog.;) Okay, I really need to quite posting off-topic on here before I get banned.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I really don't have a favorite era, but the only ones that I'm not very fond of are old classics. Basphemy, I know. Oh, Suzy, I finally looked at your blog, and I enjoyed it. You're a very attractive woman, if you'll forgive me for saying so. In fact, if wasn't for minor details like neither of us know where the other lives exactly, and you have no idea what I look like as yet, and we've never met except in Cyber Space, I might... er, um, never mind. ;) It's very charming. I didn't find it too girly at all. In fact, I enjoy dipping in a girl world once in a while. It makes me think about things I normally don't. The cuteness of little kids, or even the shoes you posted about. My immediate reaction was "Oh, she talks about shoes? How silly and sweet." But then I actually looked and thought, "Oh, say... those ARE cute shoes. That's a pretty design." So, you get the idea. You made me think about an art form I never really have before. I know this all sounds really weird. Guys don't normally think this way. And a normal guy that did wouldn't admit it on the world wide web. But, I'm not normal. It was nice to see what you look like and do, I feel a bit closer to you now! Oh... did that sound creepy? ;) Since you also think I should start a blog, I am now quite seriously considering it. Hey, now I have TWO whole people who say they'd visit it! :D Well, have to go, so, till later!
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Don't worry, not all of the old era episodes are in my favorites list either, but there are a few!:)
By the way- no, your not wayy to creepy, only a little bit. Just kidding! :D Actually, I'm quite flattered...thank you for your kind words, I am most undeserving! But I'm glad your interested in checking into the ladies little worlds once in a while. I always did wish boys would at least act interested in things I like at times. I mean, if there is ever a time a boy wants to show me a big, smelly fish they just caught (EW!!) or take me mudding in four-wheel drive (*HEART ATTACK*) at least I pretend to like it just to please them. Seems like boys could do me the courtesy of telling me my new pink dress looks nice, eh? Anyways, I quite like you to be honest. Maybe you could teach the *ahem* other guys in the world a thing or two.