Album 58: The Ties That Bind Discussion

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Bobbymac wrote:Plus, everyone know's that Jason+Connie will never happen. *Hides*
*throws objects* Not everyone. Well people can hope. :) It will! It will!

I really hope it's not Jeff though. They brought him back from ages ago and now he's a Christian so obviously they have to get together even though they haven't seen each other since high school. Was he really that great of a person they had to bring him back--like there aren't any other guys for Connie other than her first bf? I don't like it when they bring in people to specifically be a love interest. It's seems obvious and not a real, organically occurring relationship.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Except in real life people do occasionally meet up with each other from years past and begin a romantic relationship. There have also been people that hunted other people down to begin a romantic relationship with them.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I know. I'm a just trying to put into words why I don't like their relationship (if it turns out that way). Probably partly to do with the fact I want Connie/Jason but that doesn't have to come into everything I say, does it? ;) Plus, I'm an INFP and so I feel first and THEN try to figure out why I feel that way and explain it, if possible.

Jumpman256
Strawberry

A saga? Ooooooohhhhh!!!!! Neat!!!!!! Okay, I'm a member of the OAC, and you know what I'm gonna do? I'm not going to listen to Album 58 until August 16--when the whole saga is complete. I know, that's gonna kill me, but I hate cliffhangers even more than long waits. Time to practice patience. Pray for me. :)
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

The Old Judge wrote:I listened to this episode this morning. Here are my thoughts:
1). What is the matter with Whit in the beginning of the episode?
2). Buck has been in the local juvenile detention center for the last three years, Eugene and Katrina have been sending and receiving correspondence with him, but we haven't heard a single whisper of all this? :?
4). Does Olivia believe that sodomy and other "alternative family" ideas are okay, since she ran out on Whit's inquiry?
5). Is Focus and the Odyssey team going to hit specifically on the topic of sodomy in this saga?
On a not-spoilery note, this episode was incredible. This has the beginnings for an Adventures in Odyssey album that will have the "deep content" we haven't had since Pamela Has A Problem.
1. O.o O.o O.o O.o :x :x :x :x AHHHH Whit was being forgetful and it made him seem old and the feels...
2. We were busy listening to Eugene and Katrina's struggles with being childless!
4. I agree with TigerShadow - and I really like that they're putting that storyline in there, not only because it fits in with her character and provides a great arc for Kelly Stables, it relates to me because that's how I first felt!
5. Uhhhhhhh...no. As someone from Odyssey once said, "This is a kids' show."
Ameraka wrote:
Bobbymac wrote:Plus, everyone know's that Jason+Connie will never happen. *Hides*
*throws objects* Not everyone. Well people can hope. :) It will! It will!

I really hope it's not Jeff though. They brought him back from ages ago and now he's a Christian so obviously they have to get together even though they haven't seen each other since high school. Was he really that great of a person they had to bring him back--like there aren't any other guys for Connie other than her first bf? I don't like it when they bring in people to specifically be a love interest. It's seems obvious and not a real, organically occurring relationship.
^This. And Jason never happened for me, because it would be supppper weird to go from the boss/employee age-difference part of their relationship that I remember to...a *r o m a n t i c* one. If she gets married, I'm hoping it's some new character (basically, Mitch, but better.

Anddddd here are my thoughts!

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com ... art-1.html
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Bobbymac wrote:
Wodfamchocsod wrote: 3. Why did AIO bring back Jason (album 56) and Jeff (album 57)? And with the topics of this album being LOVE and MARRIAGE, you have to wonder. I think Connie should stay single, and Penny and Wooten remain "friends." If she has to marry, I hope it's not to Jeff. I don't know if Connie and Jason would work out, either, but I've always had a soft spot for them. :)
I wouldn't exactly say this season is about love and marriage. It's more about supporting traditional marriage, and family. Plus, everyone know's that Jason+Connie will never happen. *Hides*
Yes, it'll happen. You just wait and see. xD
I want to know what Matthew meant by his family being really tense lately. That'll probably play into the whole "traditional family" thing. I don't know how though... it just seems like it will somehow :P
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

AshleyWhittaker wrote:That'll probably play into the whole "traditional family" thing. I don't know how though...
Perhaps a discussion of divorce? I know they did it with the Straussbergs in the (absolutely stunning) "Life, in the Third Person, Parts 1 and 2", but FotF's Family Project can't just be about supporting traditional marriage and families. Maybe it'll lead into a discussion of reliance on God for family stability.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I am really excited for this album. I can't wait to hear how everything plays out. Here are some of my thoughts.
I'm looking forward to the development of Connie after June dies. It'll be hard for Connie, and I'm whT the skeleton key goes to. Excited to hear from Jason later on!

I'm really excited that they are approaching the topic of gods ideal plan for marriage. I can't wait to hear how they handle it.

I love that they're going to have Katrina and Eugene possibly adopt Buck. I don't think it'll be easy,a and I imagine Skint is somewhere close by about to fight it. There's probably not a whole lot he can do, but doesn't mean he won't try.

Comic connelsville is an awesome idea. However it seems that there's alwAys random events when there's an arc amd only when's there's an arc. They need to have more random events just scattered throughout various episodes just to even things out a little bit. It's awesome that they brought Jules back. Course they can't have an album about family without including Jules. I can't wait to hear what happens.

At this point it seems like there's. LOT OF STARTS that happens in spies ode one. It seems amazing so far and I can't wait to know what happens next.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I was forced to listen to this episode...
Finally AIO is listening to us people. I forsee much more characters involved in this album. Jules was a welcome introduction. Maybe the new character for the show is Wooten's cousin.
WOULD PEOPLE STOP SEEING EVERY ODDESSY DEVELOPMENT AS A CHANCE FOR CONNIE AND JASON.
I. am. sick. of. it. ;)
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Blitz wrote: WOULD PEOPLE STOP SEEING EVERY ODDESSY DEVELOPMENT AS A CHANCE FOR CONNIE AND JASON.
I. am. sick. of. it. ;)
Meaning me, right Blitz. ;) But the more you protest, the more we will defend.

:jason

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Blitz wrote:I was forced to listen to this episode...
Finally AIO is listening to us people. I forsee much more characters involved in this album. Jules was a welcome introduction. Maybe the new character for the show is Wooten's cousin.
WOULD PEOPLE STOP SEEING EVERY ODDESSY DEVELOPMENT AS A CHANCE FOR CONNIE AND JASON.
I. am. sick. of. it. ;)
Yes. This.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Blitz wrote:I was forced to listen to this episode...
I. am. sick. of. it. ;)
Yes. This.
I second that.
~ Walker in Dreams
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

This was sooooo cool I loved it. It has wooton Connie penny whit Matthew like almost all the best characters all in one!!!!!!
Proud K.R.E Member
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

I just listened today to this episode for the first time. Interesting to have Odyssey cover more "adult" issues.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Thanks to AIOWiki, we learn that
Harlow Doyle comes back in Part 2, and David Parker appears in Part 3, at least.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Alright I've been listening to the club release of album 58 as it comes out and up till now there hasn't been an episode I've been as excited about as this one.
Today's episode was part six. There are numerous plots going on in this album, but the one I'm most interested in is the discussion about Gods design for family. The style of this reminds me a lot of Life expectency in this sense that it feels more conversational than it feels like an adventure. I was blown away with the fountain pen illustration in an earlier episode, but I absolutely loved the train illustration in part six. Whit hits a lot of angles wand different aspects of the argument in ways that I've never really been able to understand or explain myself. I can't wait to hear the adventure in the room of consequence that will answer the question of are families important.

One thing that I wish they would have included is a parental advisory warning, sense it's such a controversial topic, and people have so many different views and tend to be very aggressive sometimes with them.
I'm so excited I could do three thousand laps to the moon and back.... But I'll settle for a walk to the fridge. XD. Can't wait to hear the rest of this discussion.
BHGodlyGovt
Vanilla

I don't know if this has crossed anyone else's mind, but I feel as if this storyline is a lot like a smaller Novacom storyline.

Here are the reasons/similarities:
(These are not necessarily in order...)
They are including tv shows that teach anti-Biblical ideas and push an anti-Biblical agenda
We have a potential salvation story with Jules
Parts of Odyssey are being bought by mysterious people for mysterious reasons
The city leaders, some kids, and outside characters are recruited to do various things that promote the anti-Biblical agenda
What does everyone else think?
BHGodlyGovt
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

BHGodlyGovt wrote:I don't know if this has crossed anyone else's mind, but I feel as if this storyline is a lot like a smaller Novacom storyline.

Here are the reasons/similarities:
(These are not necessarily in order...)
They are including tv shows that teach anti-Biblical ideas and push an anti-Biblical agenda
We have a potential salvation story with Jules
Parts of Odyssey are being bought by mysterious people for mysterious reasons
The city leaders, some kids, and outside characters are recruited to do various things that promote the anti-Biblical agenda
What does everyone else think?
Salvation story? Jules? Great. For once, I wish AIO would introduce a character that's not a bully that would be like Nick Mulligan. Not every character that comes into contact with AIO people is magically going to be saved.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

So, I was finally able to listen to all of the parts that available, which, at the moment is up to Part 9.

My thoughts:
Jules...is acting very suspicious....is she tangled in all of the parts of this mess?

Mr. Whittaker collapses? And we don't go immediately to him? What kinda show is this? WHAT TORTURE ARE THEY TRYING TO INFLICT ON US?

A zombie movie staring gays? Really? Are they gaytheists too? (Phil Vischer podcast reference) And the Parker and Jones parents let them stay on this set? Really?

No one in Odyssey knew this zombie movie was going to be filmed in town? Don't people have to run things through the town board and town hall before doing filming? I know those are the rules in our town, and then that goes onto city record...
Overall, I am interested to see how this will pan out. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

What does everyone think will happen in the new album The Ties That Bind?
I heard the first episode at Whitsend.org on the podcasts.
Will Eugene and Katrina adopt Buck?
What do you guys think? I think they might.
Girls just wanna have fun!