An Agreeable Nanny

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.

Do you like An Agreeable Nanny?

I love it, it is my favourite episode :P
8%
I like it not my favourite :?
72%
I never liked it it was awful :x
20%
It's HORRIBLE :evil:
No votes

Total votes: 25

C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

It was a normal new Odyssey episode, but I didn't much care for it.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

C-guy wrote:It was a normal new Odyssey episode, but I didn't much care for it.
My thoughts exactly. Kirby Atkins just wasn't right for AIO, honestly. :) 8-)
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Is he not on the staff anymore? His episode The Amazing Loser was one of my favorite episodes!
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

The Old Judge wrote:Is he not on the staff anymore? His episode The Amazing Loser was one of my favorite episodes!
Yes, the Amazing Loser is great.

Emily's Okay...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Actually, Dave Arnold co-wrote it with him. Dave Arnold is the main writer of that episode, I believe. Yeah, The Amazing Loser was good.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Broken Window. Period. Any questions?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:Broken Window. Period. Any questions?
What are you talking about, Pound Foolish? What does Broken Window have to do with An Agreeable Nanny?
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

CreativeThinker101 wrote:
Pound Foolish wrote:Broken Window. Period. Any questions?
What are you talking about, Pound Foolish? What does Broken Window have to do with An Agreeable Nanny?

thats what im thinking ...
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Broken Window is the funniest Odyssey episode, much funnier than An Agreeable Nanny. Not to join all those people tilting their noses up at it, it's lol.

-- Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:48 am --

PS, I actually meant to leave that comment on the Funniest Episode Page. I don't know if it was me or my new computer that did something weird...
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
C-guy
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote:Broken Window is the funniest Odyssey episode, much funnier than An Agreeable Nanny. Not to join all those people tilting their noses up at it, it's lol.

PS, I actually meant to leave that comment on the Funniest Episode Page. I don't know if it was me or my new computer that did something weird...
What about I Slap Floor?

Emily's Okay...
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Pound Foolish wrote:Broken Window is the funniest Odyssey episode, much funnier than An Agreeable Nanny. Not to join all those people tilting their noses up at it, it's lol.

I wouldn't say Broken Window is the funniest AIO episode I've ever listened too, but it was pretty funny!:D
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Does anybody besides me think that they were crazy to eat that dessert at all, much less for their entire meal. I like desserts, but I can only handle a certain amount of sugar. I would upchuck if I ate chocolate covered fried bananas smothered in powdered sugar. Anybody with me on that?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

The Old Judge wrote:Does anybody besides me think that they were crazy to eat that dessert at all, much less for their entire meal. I like desserts, but I can only handle a certain amount of sugar. I would upchuck if I ate chocolate covered fried bananas smothered in powdered sugar. Anybody with me on that?
Yeah, that did sound pretty awful...I'd die of clogged arteries if I had chocolate covered fried bananas smothered in powdered sugar for dinner. But I could picture my little siblings making something like that for a meal if my parents were away and lovin' every bite of it.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Sorry, Old Judge, not with you really. I'd absolutely eat. I AM SUGAR LOVER! But, yes, I Slap FLoor was a bit funnier. I take it back.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I just listened to An Agreeable Nanny for the first time in a year or two. I also never posted in this thread, so I will add my opinions here.

1. I enjoyed hearing the Parker family and children interact with each other. As I've said before, it sounds fairly natural, especially for kids of that age range.

2. Maria was a distraction more than anything else in this episode. She really didn't have to have an English accent, and the comment from Matthew about the Revolutionary War was completely unnecessary. I really don't care one way or another about the Mary Poppins parallels, although they were fun to find.

3. The plátanos maduros fritos scene (I'm reasonably sure that's right) was very amusing. It started out very naturally, and kept on building in a way that I could totally picture happening in real life.

4. One of the positive attributes of Maria that I liked was how she subtly kept letting the Parker children make choices by themselves, but without letting things get dangerous/too out of control. It wasn't noticeable throughout the episode, but in retrospect, it made sense.

5. Bruno was a nice component. A dog can definitely add a lot of chaos when things are already starting to get out of control. It made the situation a lot more conceivable.

6. From the parents' perspective, hiring Maria did make sense. They wanted to test their children's responsibility, but without being unsupervised. I could picture them giving her instructions beforehand, to give the children freedom to make choices, but to call them if things got out of hand.

7. It could make a little sense that Maria/Charlotte wanted acting experience, but it was still a distraction from the episode.

8. The Parker children's punishment and conversation with Mr. Whittaker was a nice ending. It emphasized the episode lesson/moral, but still came across as natural and unforced.

Overall, this was an enjoyable episode. It isn't one of my favorites, but I definitely liked getting to see more of the Parker family. The episode was well done and relatively believable, and each component added to the episode, with the exception of the final Maria scene, which was unnecessary.

One of my favorite quotes from the episode was Olivia saying "Do I have to take care of everything?"

Has anyone else listen to An Agreeable Nanny recently?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

T.S. (myself) wrote:Has anyone else listen to An Agreeable Nanny recently?
Yes actually. My sister made me listen to it every night for a week. :roll: I honestly didn't mind that much. Its not a bad episode and I enjoyed the moral, however the Jurrasic Alien part didn't make that much sense. When I saw/read something scary it would take me weeks to get over it. And even those weren't as big as a whole movie that was probably rated R and had lots of death and monsters. Yet Camilla is completely fine talking about it a week later. Great show though.
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!