737: The Pilot, Part 2

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
BHGodlyGovt
Vanilla

737: The Pilot, Part 2

Just finished listening to the last episode of Album 57: A Call to Something More, the second part of The Pilot. I enjoyed this two-parter. It was a great way to end Album 57. No, the doctor was not Blackgaard, sadly. Hopes for Jeff+Connie are alive and well as the love portion did not end up the way it would have been expected to. Seems like Wooton was wrong. Oh well. Great album overall, cannot wait until Album 58!
BHGodlyGovt
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

I loved it although I was sad as this is the end of album 57 but now THE AVERY AWARDS.
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

Even sadder is that we'll have to pay $180 to hear what happens next. :x
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

There didn't seem to be any romance at all in any part of it. Jeff said that the just as he was leaving there was a little romance, and I finished the episode and thought, "in the description it says there's romance, and there is none!" Oh well, it was good anyway.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
BHGodlyGovt
Vanilla

Peachey Keen wrote:Even sadder is that we'll have to pay $180 to hear what happens next. :x
What is the $180 for?
BHGodlyGovt
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

The "Odyssey Adventure Club."

-- Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:59 pm --
Novatom wrote:There didn't seem to be any romance at all in any part of it. Jeff said that the just as he was leaving there was a little romance, and I finished the episode and thought, "in the description it says there's romance, and there is none!" Oh well, it was good anyway.
He fell in love with his work. That's the romance.
Last edited by shnoodlec. on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

$180! That's how much OAC costs?!
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Well, in a year, yes. You pay monthly; $15 a month. Problem is, I don't have that kind of money. I'm ten, for goodness sake!
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Whitfan
Strawberry

shnoodlec wrote:Well, in a year, yes. You pay monthly; $15 a month. Problem is, I don't have that kind of money. I'm ten, for goodness sake!

That's what they need to consider for you young'uns. They may need to make it like $5/mo instead of the $15 like they want. A lot of parents will say no anyway. Maybe within the first year they will not have the required amount of people they need to join. Then maybe it will be free. Just wishful thinking. Lol.
"Don't give up on your faith. Love comes to those who believe it. And that's the way it is."
BHGodlyGovt
Vanilla

Whitfan wrote:
shnoodlec wrote:Well, in a year, yes. You pay monthly; $15 a month. Problem is, I don't have that kind of money. I'm ten, for goodness sake!

That's what they need to consider for you young'uns. They may need to make it like $5/mo instead of the $15 like they want. A lot of parents will say no anyway. Maybe within the first year they will not have the required amount of people they need to join. Then maybe it will be free. Just wishful thinking. Lol.
Exactly! I think $15 a month is quite high. I do not think that it will ever be free, but they should at least lower the price. Not very many people are going to be willing to pay that much.
BHGodlyGovt
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

shnoodlec wrote: He fell in love with his work. That's the romance.
Falling in love with your work is about as unromantic as you can get.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

They're also putting posters in the renamed "Adventures in Odyssey Clubhouse Magazine"(aka the : Now That AIO Is In The Title We Are Going To Shove the OAC and Other Contests Down Your Throats Even More Clubhouse Magazine) with scenes from The Launch. *sigh* Thank you for this poster depicting an episode continuing a storyline that probably around 40% of people (I say 40% because I think a lot of people will sign up at first, but not continue their membership) will not get to hear. I suppose it's a good way to promote the storyline and the OAC, but I'm not a fan of them doing things like that. *sigh*
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I was quite excited about Clubhouse becoming the official AIO mag, thank you very much, Audrey.<Spelled with a D.
However, you are right, alas. Now we're doomed to seeing stuff like Whit, Wooton, and a couple of random females next to a jeep in the center of a stampede of bulls with ginormous horns and all we can say is, "What the hey? What's going on? Get in the car, people."
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Let's try to stay on topic, people.

I can never come up with things to say about a specific part of an episode. So I just look at the two-parter as a whole.

Unfortunately, I didn't like this episode(s) very much. As I've mentioned before, I don't like missionary based episodes. They just bore me. Though I did enjoy Wooton's joking around in between story telling stopping periods.

I think it was this part [2], but I real-l-ly thought it was funny when Jeff was flying the plane and he had land it and the Spanish lady (don't remember her name) started praying in Spanish REALLY fast. I pretty much lost it at that part! XD

I think it's interesting that people think the doctor could be Regis Blackgaard. That idea never crossed my mind while listening to it. XD
Wakko
Pistachio

This was an ok episode. I don't really like the missionary episodes either. I think that it was a weak season finale and just a set up for the oac.
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

It wasn't my favorite, but I had no real problems with it. The story was pretty good, but it lacked something that would make it stand out, so I'm really neutral on both episodes.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

It wasn't my favorite. I'm just hoping Jeff doesn't ask Connie out and they fall in love again. We don't need another heart breaking Mitch scene on our hands. Speaking of which...where's the tissue box?
Girls just wanna have fun!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I really liked it. Wooton [as always] was very funny!
Proud K.R.E Member
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Wodfamchocsod wrote:It wasn't my favorite. I'm just hoping Jeff doesn't ask Connie out and they fall in love again. We don't need another heart breaking Mitch scene on our hands. Speaking of which...where's the tissue box?
Exactly. I am not a huge fan of this ep; of course, almost anything would be anticlimactic after Life Expectancy.

If Jason and Connie got together, there would be less of a likelihood of a heartbreak because it's less likely they're going to get rid of Whit's son anytime soon. At least, I hope not.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

This episode is #738.